Tailoring HELP!

Started by Ora, January 25, 2015, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ora

Hello everyone. So Winter is coming and I am trying to make parkas. I have all my colonists with a crafting skill of 5, all of them are set to be crafters in the overview, the tailor table has power, and there are ingredients in range in the form of muffalo leather as well as having a bill on the table set up to create three parkas. But my colonists just will NOT craft those parkas no matter what I do. What the hell am I doing wrong? Someone please help. I'll die without those parkas.

Shinzy

would reloading the game help?
or entirely redoing the bill?
at the worst case you could even deconstruct the tailoring table and rebuild it

cause it sounds like some kind of bug is happening there =P
you could also check the error log thing by hitting the ~ key or like � (Edit: this letter would be the O with two dots above it) depending on what your keyboard is like ;D
that mite show some errors regarding the tailor table perhaps maybe

if nothing works you can still try to stay indoors and keep the heat generators up and running
and then wait someone to attack you =P they'll bring plenty of parkas with them

but somebody else might be able to help you better!

Halinder

Parkas have a lot of material requirement. Make sure that first, you have enough leather, and second, that leathers are enabled in the crafting recipe.

rrooster

One thing could also be to make sure that crafting has high enough priority on the overview, so that other queued tasks do not take precedence.

And as mentioned above, each parka takes a lot of material, 120 if I remember correctly.

Also, you mention the ingredients are in range, but maybe they are not in a stockpile (I don't know if this matters, just a thought).

akiceabear

Try removing all tasks from your best crafter in the Overview method. If that doesn't work, try selecting him, right clicking on the bench and prioritize the parka. I find that my pawns rarely will tailor unless I do one of these two steps - probably means I'm queuing too much work for them!

Dave-In-Texas

also, tailoring (and i think all) bills use all of one material.   so you have to have enough for one go, not a mix of materials such as I recall from past alphas.

Halinder

Oh, finally, make sure there's no rock chunks or trees or anything like that in front of your tailor workshop. I had that issue a looong time ago.

chaouki

I faced the same problem yesterday as well. Cancelling and redo of the bill was the solution.

milon

I've had this problem before, and for me it was the sheer number of Crafting jobs.  Stonecutting, Cremating, Tailoring, Smithing, Slag refining, etc are all Crafting jobs.  Just because a colonist decides to "craft" doesn't mean they'll pick the bench you really want them to.  Try selecting a colonist, right-clicking the Taylor bench, and choose Prioritize.  That was the "fix" for me.  (We really need a way to prioritize Crafting jobs/colonists, IMHO...)