[MOD] (Alpha 9) Distilled Xerigium 1.2; Alpha 9 Reboot

Started by Azuchisamurai, January 25, 2015, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azuchisamurai

[[ALPHA 9 EDIT]] the mod has been Tested Fixed and updated, so now you can enjoy cooking down your xerigium and turning it into medicine AND GET REWARDED AS SUCH yes thats right not only do you get cooking xp you now also get medicine xp as you should have from the start, now however i have added an additional requirement you now require a minimum cooking skill of 6 in addition to the medicine requirement to do this... have fuuun.

after few days of work, many frustrating different plugs and chipping out of lines of code and some consulting i have completed my Distilled Xerigium mod!, this mod adds a recipe to the cooking stove requiring 5 xerigium and 10 cloth and 10 medicine skill to perform and grants you a full fledged Medkit.

i want to extend a particular thanks to Juliaelle, fuzzthegreat, SHinzy and Rikiki who gave me invaluable help and advice which allowed me to fix/complete this mod so without further ado download the mod below and please comment anything and everything helps in particular im looking for balance input.

[[[Alpha 9 Update plans]]]

• add min cooking skill requirement
  • fix version conflict
  • add medicine skill xp

1.0:
mod release

1.1 is now released!:
in this version i have added a line of code to introduce workload time to help increase the balance between converting herbal medicine and medkits

1.2; Alpha 9 Reboot
version conflict issue has been fixed
minimum cooking skill required added
added medicine xp gain

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rikiki

Quote10 medicine skill
seems a bit too much. I never had a doctor level 10 and as it is not a skill you can regularly practice, I would lower it to 7 or 8. :)

SundayTuesday

Quote from: Rikiki on January 26, 2015, 01:10:57 AM
Quote10 medicine skill
seems a bit too much. I never had a doctor level 10 and as it is not a skill you can regularly practice, I would lower it to 7 or 8. :)
I think it's fine. Not just anybody can make a medkit, and I feel like a 10 is just the perfect skill required.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Legnad

Quote<skillGains>
     <Cooking>60</Cooking>
</skillGains>
I suggest switching it to crafting, medicine or delete it entirely.

Besides that I thought maybe it'd make sense if the process would consist of two steps? Step one would be making "Distilled Xerigium" out of raw xerigium (herbals), requiring a high skill in cooking. Second step would be making Medicine out of "Distilled Xerigium" and cloth while requiring high skill in medicine. This would most likely employ two colonists in the process since colonists with high medicine AND cooking skill are rare.
- Legnad

Azuchisamurai

true leg, i have been contemplating adding cooking, BUT if i do that im gonna have to lower the medicine skill requirement or it would be near impossible to do the recipe.

Legnad

Quote from: Azuchisamurai on January 26, 2015, 10:00:26 AM
true leg, i have been contemplating adding cooking, BUT if i do that im gonna have to lower the medicine skill requirement or it would be near impossible to do the recipe.
I think that making own good medicine which is usually expensive should be hard to get. You can still rely on herbals. Medicine is just precious. Besides that, I think that my cooks normally gain skill/experience quite fast.
- Legnad