[MOD][ALPHA9] Void Hopper - JuliaEllie - A9Update (19.02.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, January 26, 2015, 05:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Aaaaaaaaaaand another mod..

It adds Void Hoppers - they send everything to the Void. A good way to get rid of anything you dont want anymore in your colony. But take care there might be dangerous side effects..

Made live on stream - thanks guys for watching <3

DOWNLOAD

chaotix14

...Dangerous side effects?

In any case, this resolves the problem I have with this game... Item creep. When I get too many items sitting around and causes a major drop in performance to the point where the game gets unplayable(at which point I am only left with the option to nuke the colony and start anew).

LittleMikey

Man, I really want the negative side effects to be like that D&D scenario where you put a portable hole inside a bag of holding...

soulkata

Patrykbono20

Ok, JuliaEllie
its time for changing :)

maybe you make like Jaxxa ?
One mod with many parts for change ?

chaotix14

Quote from: LittleMikey on January 26, 2015, 05:53:35 AM
Man, I really want the negative side effects to be like that D&D scenario where you put a portable hole inside a bag of holding...

I thought everyone knew not to put space-time bending existences into one another. It's like dividing by zero, you know it's gonna create problems. Especially when you end up with a divide by zero at the end of a physics formula, that's "I think I broke the universe" territory.

temporaryname

Your mod is amazing :O
This is a must !

So i made a little sprite for myself :p
If anyone want to use it, do it! it's free :)

Big Thx for your work :3

[attachment deleted due to age]

SilverDragon

Nice! :D Another fun handy thing to have!

I'll grab that texture too! ;D

BajtMe

This was needed sooo bad! Thanks you!  :)

Edit: And that sprite is really nice temp, i'll grab that too!

chaotix14

Nice texture temp, looks like shinzy got himself some competition.

Shinzy

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 26, 2015, 10:35:30 AM
Nice texture temp, looks like shinzy got himself some competition.
I think you misspelled 'mrofa' =P

Ouan

More awesomeness from JuliaEllie! Sorry I could not finish watching you make it last night, but the Z monsters caught up to me and dragged me off to the Land of Nod. Can't wait to try it! Hopefully I will remain at 10.., damn it, 9 colonists!
Damn Pirates!

elStrages

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 26, 2015, 05:20:51 AM

In any case, this resolves the problem I have with this game... Item creep. When I get too many items sitting around and causes a major drop in performance to the point where the game gets unplayable(at which point I am only left with the option to nuke the colony and start anew).
It you could just quickly switch on dev mode. Get the destroy tool and deleted all the crap off of the floor. I wouldn't count it as cheering as you only loosing out on the items and increasing performance.

Korporal Kagger

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 26, 2015, 06:30:50 AM
Quote from: LittleMikey on January 26, 2015, 05:53:35 AM

I thought everyone knew not to put space-time bending existences into one another. It's like dividing by zero, you know it's gonna create problems. Especially when you end up with a divide by zero at the end of a physics formula, that's "I think I broke the universe" territory.

Not if you are in Calculus class.  Then it's just really freaking annoying.

Igabod

Quote from: elStrages on January 27, 2015, 03:40:25 AM
Quote from: chaotix14 on January 26, 2015, 05:20:51 AM

It you could just quickly switch on dev mode. Get the destroy tool and deleted all the crap off of the floor. I wouldn't count it as cheering as you only loosing out on the items and increasing performance.

Why does everybody have problems with too many items on the map? I for one sell everything I'm not using to the first trader that will buy it. I also don't over-produce things. And whenever I get too many clothing items to want to bother with selling them all I just throw them in a stockpile far from my other stuff and then throw Molotov cocktails at it and watch it burn. Fire solves almost all problems.

[edit to add] There's also the crematorium for burning clothes but it's not nearly as fun to watch.