[MOD][ALPHA9] Void Hopper - JuliaEllie - A9Update (19.02.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, January 26, 2015, 05:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotix14

Quote from: Igabod on January 27, 2015, 04:01:13 AM
Why does everybody have problems with too many items on the map? I for one sell everything I'm not using to the first trader that will buy it. I also don't over-produce things. And whenever I get too many clothing items to want to bother with selling them all I just throw them in a stockpile far from my other stuff and then throw Molotov cocktails at it and watch it burn. Fire solves almost all problems.

[edit to add] There's also the crematorium for burning clothes but it's not nearly as fun to watch.

It's why I call it item creep. The creep part is important, even without really overproducing anything you'll get some item creep. It just slowly sneaks up on you as slowly your stockpiles fill up. Food production used to be a big cause of it for me, if I didn't mirco the production by cutting it back and then later bringing it back to that slight net positive.

Igabod

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 27, 2015, 04:43:39 AM
Why does everybody have problems with too many items on the map? I for one sell everything I'm not using to the first trader that will buy it. I also don't over-produce things. And whenever I get too many clothing items to want to bother with selling them all I just throw them in a stockpile far from my other stuff and then throw Molotov cocktails at it and watch it burn. Fire solves almost all problems.

[edit to add] There's also the crematorium for burning clothes but it's not nearly as fun to watch.

It's why I call it item creep. The creep part is important, even without really overproducing anything you'll get some item creep. It just slowly sneaks up on you as slowly your stockpiles fill up. Food production used to be a big cause of it for me, if I didn't mirco the production by cutting it back and then later bringing it back to that slight net positive.

That's just never been an issue for me. My longest game so far was 7 years and I never had problems with too many items to the point where performance suffered, and I use a crappy laptop to play the game on. I do micromanage a lot of my production though, but for me that is part of the fun of the game. Building an economy that is efficient and doesn't produce waste is one of my goals with every game. In fact, I've only ever launched off the planet once or maybe twice in the whole time I've been playing the game because I enjoy the economy management aspect so much that I never want to end the game. It usually only ends because I get killed off or because I delete the save game due to forgetting which mods were activated for that particular one.

joshwoo69

Quote from: elStrages on January 27, 2015, 03:40:25 AM
Quote from: chaotix14 on January 26, 2015, 05:20:51 AM
...Dangerous side effects?

In any case, this resolves the problem I have with this game... Item creep. When I get too many items sitting around and causes a major drop in performance to the point where the game gets unplayable(at which point I am only left with the option to nuke the colony and start anew).
It you could just quickly switch on dev mode. Get the destroy tool and deleted all the crap off of the floor. I wouldn't count it as cheering as you only loosing out on the items and increasing performance.

burning clothes?!? You are evul igabod!