[A17] A16 Textures Return! (medicines, stone chunks, stone tiles)

Started by Headbeard, June 07, 2017, 10:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headbeard

Hello all,

For some obscure reason, I still prefer some of the old textures from A16. That's why I made these small texture replacement mods. I created them for my own personal use, but I have decided to share it to the community; perhaps some of you would find them useful.

A16 Red Crosses

Description
Replaces all cross-related textures (medicines, treatment icons, etc) with the old, red-cross textures from Alpha 16.

Download
Dropbox

A16 Stone Chunks

Description
Replaces new stone chunk textures with the old textures from Alpha 16.

Download
Dropbox

A16 Stone Tiles Addition

Description
Returns stone tiles from Alpha 16 as a new floor type: stone rough tile. They take a little bit faster to lay than regular tiles, and have the same beauty value. But deconstructing them yields minimal resources (one piece of stone block, to be precise).

Download
Dropbox

But in case you want to replace the new tiles altogether...
Alpha 16 Stone Tiles Replacement

Description
Replaces new stone tiles texture with the old texture from Alpha 16. It also replaces back the old description for stone tiles, because it makes more sense rather than using the new one.

Download
Dropbox

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License
All textures on the mods are owned by Ludeon Studios, therefore the original license applies for them.
Otherwise, feel free to make derivatives or include them in a mod pack.

JT

Cool beans!  I especially miss the rough floors, and I've been working with the stone chunks enough in A16 that the old graphics for the vicious, life-sucking bastards have grown on me. =P

This is just a niggle but it might be a good idea to tag the downloads themselves with the version they're valid for.  Were I to download these but forget to install them, which happens far too often for my comfort, I would immediately jump on seeing "A16" in the filename and delete the file outright if I spotted it in my A17 folder.  Just a similar tag to the thread itself would work great (e.g., [A17]A16StoneChunks).

Headbeard

Quote from: JT on June 25, 2017, 12:45:14 PM
This is just a niggle but it might be a good idea to tag the downloads themselves with the version they're valid for.  Were I to download these but forget to install them, which happens far too often for my comfort, I would immediately jump on seeing "A16" in the filename and delete the file outright if I spotted it in my A17 folder.  Just a similar tag to the thread itself would work great (e.g., [A17]A16StoneChunks).

You've got a point; it kinda looks confusing. I will change that later.

Headbeard

I just post a texture replacement for the medicines, now with red crosses! Additionally, I tried to replace every cross-related textures that I could think of. Even so, there is still a chance that I miss some of them. Please inform me if you found any texture that needs replacing. Thanks!

faltonico

There was a reason behind the change of the red cross on medicines, it wasn't just because a simple design choice, nobody is allowed to use it besides Red Cross Associations.

mufallica

Thanks for the med textur this one actually better than the other one

Jackaldude2

Thanks man, while I do like the direction these new textures are taking with all the detail and such, I am more used to seeing the older textures.

Andy_Dandy

Thank you so much. Need to download the stone tile replacer when I come home. Can't stand the new stone floors that look more like brick walls then flooring. The old ones also looked alot better for chess patterned floors with different stone types and other creative stone flooring designs.

Hopefully you will keep this one updated for future alphas.