The mechanics OF PAIN!

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 27, 2015, 04:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Since we're now getting alcohol to reduce pain I'm curious how the mechanics behind it actually work. Is it based on total body part health? Percentage health? Something else entirely? All I know so far is pawns are incapacitated when pain goes up to "Extreme" (>80%?) but it would be nice to know the exact calculations.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Fishirboy

If is the mode of the individual should increase and make it much harder to break the threshold (which at the moment most if not all colonists are complete crybabies and will just give up after the smallest amount of dead bodies). Maybe even have some have the opposite affect and lower their mode if they must drink it or are already depressed because someone close to them just died and there not contemplating death and the alcohol is the final helping hand to a suicide rampage.

I would believe that the colonist should feel the pain to a less extent after taking the drink even though in real life it would only last until they took about 50 steps because 3 hours would have gone by then.

*Also quick side note, is our community mentally unstable? Do we all fantasize over how to make things die in game and the worst way to have your own colonists die.

Halinder

Thanks to a very resilient pirate raid, it seems to me like pain increases with the number of wounds you have. It's possible to be incapacitated by pain alone. Mods with weapons doing 1 or 2 damage max are great for this, as you can do so much damage yet never actually destroy a body part or organ and pain-crit people.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Halinder on January 27, 2015, 06:15:56 PMIt's possible to be incapacitated by pain alone.

Isn't that almost always how incapacitation happens? (Though it usually results in enemies dying, and they only survive incapacitated sometimes, randomly.)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Halinder

Incapacitation also occurs thanks to movement reaching zero, usually due to losing a leg. I didn't actually realize that it probably was the main reason for incaps.