Steel sandbags?

Started by GlassDeviant, January 27, 2015, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassDeviant

Some of the materials and items in this game baffle me, and none moreso than sandbags made of steel. For one, nothing short of a Mechanoid could ever lift a standard sized sandbag made of (or filled with) steel, not even if it were the alloy used in airplane construction. Also, it seems everything is made from inordinate amounts of steel, so using it for sandbags is a monumental waste.

What Rimworld realy needs is a complete materials overhaul (both raw and manufactured), but for a start I recommend the addition of (at least one of) sand/beach/desert terrain and the ability to "mine" sand therefrom (yes, that is a real word), then combine it with cloth (burlap) to make sandbags.

Johnny Masters

Yep. Since there's no glass or windows yet, i'm confident there's a glassworks alpha somewhere in the future that will feature sand as stuff (or is it a thing?). So..Yeah, sandbags made of sand, and perhaps a bit of cloth?

Ronin90

Well there's already great mods to add windows and sand in the game (though that cannot be used for sandbags), so we will hopefully see these implemented in the game someday.  :)

Johnny Masters

Quote from: Ronin90 on January 27, 2015, 04:27:57 PM
Well there's already great mods to add windows and sand in the game (though that cannot be used for sandbags), so we will hopefully see these implemented in the game someday.  :)

I believe some even have sandbags use sand, which they use for glass aswell. Others use stone. Too bad they haven't found a way to make light pass through, although the aesthetic pleasure and beauty bonus are enough to make it worth.