Best hunting weapon?

Started by muffins, January 27, 2015, 11:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassDeviant

It's too bad there is no way (except manually) to make the hunters actually walk right up to an incapacitated target so that they can deliver the coup de grace.

OldVamp

Quote from: GlassDeviant on January 30, 2015, 12:18:15 AM
It's too bad there is no way (except manually) to make the hunters actually walk right up to an incapacitated target so that they can deliver the coup de grace.

That would be neat, but if they can't hit the target, you kind of want them to keep shooting at it to level their skill so they will be more of an asset during a fire fight.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

GlassDeviant

Quote from: OldVamp on January 30, 2015, 12:54:52 AM
Quote from: GlassDeviant on January 30, 2015, 12:18:15 AM

That would be neat, but if they can't hit the target, you kind of want them to keep shooting at it to level their skill so they will be more of an asset during a fire fight.

That's great except when they keep shooting at the same target until it's dead and they are starving to death and about to drop from exhaustion, not to mention on the verge of a mental break.

OldVamp

Quote from: GlassDeviant on January 30, 2015, 01:15:39 AM
That's great except when they keep shooting at the same target until it's dead and they are starving to death and about to drop from exhaustion, not to mention on the verge of a mental break.

that will be addressed in alpha 9

Dec 19
Sound refinements for Al.
Bugfixes.
Properly disallowed harvesting body parts or bionics from corpses.
Added heavy SMG and imported Rho’s gun art.
Hunters will now take breaks if they’re failing to kill anything.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Chaia

Fists. Had never any hunting accidents that way

milon

^ What are you hunting / how are your hunters equipped?  Fists = injury from animals, IMO.

Argon

Uranium maces.  Equip a brawler with one, they do a huge amount of damage in the critical first swing.

-Argon

Boboid

Based on raw damage alone a Plasteel Longsword would be better for alpha strikes.

It's possible that a mace could inflict more wounds on a single strike due the the blunt damage/bone damage mechanic but I don't know exactly how that works so I couldn't say for sure. Really wish I knew how that worked.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Fruit loops

I have to agree with Feirfec

The Pila's are usually an 1 shot kill.

they have decent range, and have Somewhat decent accuracy (i think)

They are a pretty good hunting weapon IMO.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.