[WIP] WW2 Faction/Weapons/Apparel

Started by bluepagett, February 02, 2015, 12:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepagett

This is a multi-Faction mod.

It will include a large number of weapons:

These are the ones so far(All of them work, currently balancing them), but as I progress, more will be made.

I will be adding apparel for each of the factions:
Officer Uniforms
Trench Coats
Infantry Uniforms
Scout/Recon Uniforms
Armor

Buildings I will be adding:
Trenches(Provide Cover but don't stop bullets from hitting things behind.)
Barbed wire(Can be used a cover, very slow to move through. Random chance of being cut)
AA guns(Some AA can be used to attack infantry.)
Anti-Tank and Anti-Personal turrets

There are going to be 4 fractions added.
-Germany
-Russia
-United States
-United Kingdom

The US and UK will be neutral towards you, Russia and Germany will be hostile.

I would like to know if there is anything else I should add?
Is this just a bad idea?
Or if I should release just the weapons?(Since I haven't Textured anything besides guns.)

Also this is my first time touching C#, but not my first time programming/modding.
Can someone possibly recommended me a better texture maker. I have paint.net but its not the best for making 64x64 textures. 

SlimeCrusher

Wow those are awesome!
A question, why would russia be your enemy while the US and UK are your friends?  :P
Also, about those weapons, first of all, the Fedorov Avtomat was only used in WWI and the Gewehr 98 was barely used in WWII because of the improved Karabiner 98 Kurz, you should probably fix that, also, there are some spelling mistakes on those weapon names... I hope you actually fixed that ingame lol. You could add Japan to the war too, and maybe Italy...

It's not a bad idea  ;) It can be a litte bit complicated though, i was developing a similar mod, but i canceled it after seeing how hard it was going to be... About the textures, you should probably use GIMP, its free to use and you can make very good textures with it really easily, i recommend you mark "Hard edge" on the eraser for easier erasing.

bluepagett

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on February 02, 2015, 09:28:34 AM
Wow those are awesome!
A question, why would russia be your enemy while the US and UK are your friends?  :P
Also, about those weapons, first of all, the Fedorov Avtomat was only used in WWI and the Gewehr 98 was barely used in WWII because of the improved Karabiner 98 Kurz, you should probably fix that, also, there are some spelling mistakes on those weapon names... I hope you actually fixed that ingame lol. You could add Japan to the war too, and maybe Italy...

The Gewehr 98 and Fedorov where added for more balance in the mod. Didn't notice the spelling mistakes but that's just my bad I will fix those soon. I was thinking about bring in Italy and Japan, they may still be added if I have the time. Why is Russia hostile, just more balancing. If I add Italy and/or Japan, Russia will no longer be a hostile regime.

SlimeCrusher

It's ok, BTW, to make it easier for you, the mistakes were: Bern instead of Bren, Maschinegewehr/pistole instead of Maschinengewehr/pistole, and Sturmgerwehr instead of Sturmgewehr. It's not much of a problem for me, but you can avoid certain... Feedback from doing that  ;D (those annoying grammar nazis lol)

bluepagett

Thanks, I made most of the textures at night. So I expected to make a few mistakes lol.