Post your Community Challanges

Started by Littica, November 10, 2013, 07:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littica

I was playing last night and randomly got 3 Vat Grown Commissars, so while they were ... decent in everything they lacked the ability to heal or recruit.

It was actually a really fun challenging game so my challenge will be just that 3 Commissars, No social Skill, Randy or Kassandra how you play is up to you though adding some humor to it would be great.

After all i got a kick out of my 'Unlucky' and 'Sexually Inexperienced' 27 Year Old Male Commissar, and his two companions, the 23 Yeah old 'Bowlegged' 'Nymphomaniac' and her twin *Well they are Vatgrown...* 'Absent-Minded' 'Workaholic' sister

Preferably if you take up these challenges posting screenshot or text based stories would be good, but actual Let's Plays would be better!

Feel Free to post your own Challenge Games, with limitations if you wish!

Semmy

I really really like this idea.

Maybe there could be something added to the game with predefined challenges so everybody starts the same way with a challenge.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

FlyingTurtles

Some things that I have tried and are fun are:
- Play without ever building turrets
- you cant build the indoor farms and can only build outdoor ones
- (similar to yours) Place a limit on how many colonists you can have at one time
- Don't build your base into the rock, but instead build it in the open

Nocebo

Somehow when it becomes possible to make food from animals I just KNOW someone is going to make a "eat only boomrat" challenge.. :o
Supporter of The Mad Boommuffalo Project!

Matty

We need a list of rules that fit together to make challenges like the nuzlockes etc in pokemon

Ideas (need tweaking):
NatureChallenge:
-No building inside rock
-No hydroponics
-Randy Random
-2 pacifist colonists
-Recruit without fear tactics

Galileus

invisible worm

I'm all for challenge modes - lots of replay value that way.

ApexPredator

Quote from: Galileus on November 10, 2013, 12:38:56 PM
Quote from: Matty on November 10, 2013, 12:19:38 PM
-Recruit without fear tactics

That a challenge? I always do that :P

Same, I have yet to do that. There has only been one person that took a reallllly long time to recruit and they were the only colonist that went crazy on me that I knocked out and put in jail.

linkxsc

didn't even know you could fear people into joining you. what do you do, put gibbet cages in your prison room?
Every time I've recruited people its been by friendly chat, which seems to work just fine if.

ApexPredator

Quote from: linkxsc on February 01, 2014, 11:30:43 AM
didn't even know you could fear people into joining you. what do you do, put gibbet cages in your prison room?
Every time I've recruited people its been by friendly chat, which seems to work just fine if.

There are options of how to treat the prisoner. You can leave them alone with no contact, talk to them friendly, lightly beat them, heavily beat them and another option. I have only use friendly talk because I never thought that beating someone would help them join. 

Untrustedlife

Quote from: linkxsc on February 01, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

You also need to vicously beat them all the time.. They join you almost immediately after teh first beating, it saves time.

Fear causes loyalty to rise when it is higher then happiness. It is extremely effective. (beating causes fear) This sis how I always recruit it is fast.
(at least this is how it worked in teh previous version) I saw that fear recruiting may be bugged in the current version.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK