(solved) [0.8.671 rev23632] Textures not right, game looks strange [Ubuntu]

Started by meldrian, January 28, 2015, 03:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meldrian

Hello everyone,

all Iam able to see after I�ve started a game is this:
http://imgur.com/iZ18gzI
and it doesn't seem to be right... amiright?
I tested switching quality from normal to good an back with no success.
the mouse is very laggy too, like there are only 3 - 6 fps but i don't know.
I've used the "start_RimWorld.sh" ("RimWorld671Linux.x86_64" was much more ugly, nearly freaked out, going crazy with light green, it was awesome!)

My hardware stats are:
AMD A8-3850 CPU @ 4x2,9GHz
8192MB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 (2GB, prop. drivers from Nvidia Version 346.22)

Hope that someone can help me with this. I want to play this, obviously, masterpiece ;)

Edit:
runs good on my Acer Aspire One with Intel HD 4000 with Ubuntu linux installed too. Are there some issues with nvidia-cards in general?

GlassDeviant

Works fine on nVidia.

If you are using the 346.35 drivers, make sure you follow all the instructions, especially "Please note that users are encouraged to use their distribution's libvdpau packages rather than relying on the one shipped with the NVIDIA graphics driver."

meldrian

after you said it runs good on nvidia i got a bit suspecious.

i deleted the "Ludeon Studios" directory out of unity3d ( /home/username/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld/ ).

Now everything works fine.

Here is my guessing:
first, I did not start the right file ( start_RimWorld.sh ). By mistake I used "RimWorld671Linux.x86_64" instead and realized the enormious glitches I told you above. After that i used the right file start_RimWorld.sh and it still looked murky.
I think starting the game with the wrong file for the first time placed a srewed up config file for the game. After I've used the right file to start the game, it still loaded that wrong made config-file.

Now everythings fine. Thank you so far. I'll enjoy this great game on my big screen now, no regrets so far.

Greetings,