Write an event!

Started by Listy, January 29, 2015, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

Quote from: Ace_livion on January 25, 2017, 12:09:26 PM
Smoke leaf cloud.
somewhere close by, a huge smoke leaf farm is burning. the hallucinating smoke is passing over the colony
people who are outside will be effected as if they have been smoking smokeleaf, extended time will give them an overdose.
pleasing chem fascinate colonists and displeasing Teetotalers.
I think you should post this one in a separated topic in the suggestion, it's interesting and unfortunatelly, I think it's topic is a little bit a dead-end.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

b0rsuk

Friendly warning
If you're in good enough standing with another faction, they could give you an early warning about an incoming raid !
"Our scouts from the north report, that..."
"Our spirit-walkers speak of metal beasts coming from the east."
"We're getting a strange reading on our seismographs. Beware."
"A refugee from XYZ has arrived at our settlement two days ago. He talks of a big horde coming from the south."

Ace_livion

Airstrike Event.
x numbers of mortar shots comes from off map and hit random places on the map.
why? because Rimworld.

Golden Egg.
a 1/1.000.000 chance that the egg a chicken lays is a golden egg.
why? because people who don't read the wiki/forums gonna be WTF one day...
and people who do read forum/Wiki will have so much lag trying to have a reasonable change to get the egg.
(or simply just lie in the update note that's its part of the game)

Adaption !
a colonist have adapted to the harsh environment of the rimworld.
works like typical birthday, except this is a good thing. like +10 to a random trait.
just like how buying colonists form pirates tell that they are unmutated from another planet.
well this time they are mutated !

giannikampa

Pretty sure it is alreay somewere in previous 12 pages, if so I like this so much that i will suggest twice..

"Faction requests":

like space traders, a message warns they are on call and when you go answere they ask for a special request like 30 parkas or 50 short bows or particular resource. You have some time to prepare the goods in your beacons. If fulfilled you get silver at trade value AND goodwill
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

ManHuntingSquirrel

C4 Raid!

Some raiders attack your base but ignore your colonists, they are going for the richest spot of the colony and blowing it up.
One of them has a special item/weapon called C4 that explodes when you press a key and he will try to get to the richest and most vulnerable spot in the colony to plant the bomb. After planting it, they will try to flee while defending the C4 carrier who will detonate the bomb when he gets to a safe distance from the colony.
If you kill the carrier someone else will pick the bomb and keep running unless you kill half of them so they surrender and leav behind the bomb.

Sorry for the bad english.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Kegereneku

Holy hell, now you are bringing back the old stuff (that I kept in my sign since 2016).
I'm still wondering why it wasn't stickied long ago, even if it would repeat a lot.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !