[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alistaire

shifty0

Quote from: shadowstreaker on May 06, 2016, 03:58:05 PM
Quote from: shifty0 on May 06, 2016, 03:43:57 PM
I installed the main mod and the defence mod. The defence mod clearly works, but when I shoot my guns, it doesnt show me any way to reload. No reload prompts at all, even though it says "out of ammo" when i shoot at animals. What have I done wrong.

Load order - https://gyazo.com/8ad7e24a523dad47aa3847fef3f6aeac

You are using an old version of Rimfire/CR compatibility patch from the looks of it, the one you are using is an older version meant for Alpha 12

I was using the proper one before and it wasnt working either, thats why I put in the older version to see if it fixed. It didnt so now im trying to explore other reasons why it failed.

Alistaire

The "1.6.0" version doesn't work with CR 1.6.4 anymore, a new one has been provided in the Rimfire thread. That should be the problem.

shifty0

Quote from: Alistaire on May 06, 2016, 04:30:01 PM
The "1.6.0" version doesn't work with CR 1.6.4 anymore, a new one has been provided in the Rimfire thread. That should be the problem.

I tried just turning off Rimfire and I still cant reload my weapons. So rimfire isnt the issue.

Alistaire

You also have to restart the game after closing the mod menu.

shifty0

I reset the game with rimfire off. i'll post a link showing that I still cant reload my gun, but it clearly says "out of ammo" above my one settlers head.
https://gyazo.com/cb5d184984a7aa61c9cc0cb2bcdc3b61

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: shifty0 on May 06, 2016, 04:43:34 PM
I reset the game with rimfire off. i'll post a link showing that I still cant reload my gun, but it clearly says "out of ammo" above my one settlers head.

Are you using the right load order? It should be Core -> CCL -> everything else (your other link is broken)
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

shifty0

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 06, 2016, 04:51:52 PM
Quote from: shifty0 on May 06, 2016, 04:43:34 PM

Are you using the right load order? It should be Core -> CCL -> everything else (your other link is broken)

Core > CCL > CRC > Everything else.

shifty0

I deleted and reinstalled the same file and it works now, so i guess there was just a small install error. Thanks for the help.

slaveofpeon

Anyone else having issues with edb-prepare carefully a13 beta causing embrasures, Ive tried embrasures from Enhanced defence and Combat realism defence, to stop working properly and become glorified walls? Its the only mod that fixes the issue when removed from my load order, and idk if thats a known bug or i am an idiot. Whether User error (possible) or Beta bug i cant seem to find any other instances of this happening.

my basic order that triggers it is:Core, CCL, Com. Real. Core, Comb. Real. Defence, EdB-Mod order and EdB-PC,
all of which are up to date on my end as of this post. I checked that first.

(posted to EdB-PC thread first, figured i would post here as well in case it was a CR issue instead, im new to trouble shooting conflicts so any help/advice would be appreciated)
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

Jaxxa

Quote from: slaveofpeon on May 06, 2016, 06:38:43 PM
Anyone else having issues with edb-prepare carefully a13 beta causing embrasures, Ive tried embrasures from Enhanced defence and Combat realism defence, to stop working properly and become glorified walls? Its the only mod that fixes the issue when removed from my load order, and idk if thats a known bug or i am an idiot. Whether User error (possible) or Beta bug i cant seem to find any other instances of this happening.

my basic order that triggers it is:Core, CCL, Com. Real. Core, Comb. Real. Defence, EdB-Mod order and EdB-PC,
all of which are up to date on my end as of this post. I checked that first.

(posted to EdB-PC thread first, figured i would post here as well in case it was a CR issue instead, im new to trouble shooting conflicts so any help/advice would be appreciated)

I just released a patch that should fix this.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18995.msg207266#msg207266

Let me know how it goes on the other thread.

slaveofpeon

Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush earlier to get to work, and just did a quick copy paste on my issue in my earlier post. To be clear, I wasn't using Enhanced Defense and Combat realism together, the issue is that when I use EdB Prepare Carefully with Enhanced Defense, or EdB Prepare Carefully with CR Defense, that the embrasures act like normal walls, instead of walls with shoot holes in them. I remove EdB Prepare from the mod load and start a new world, and all problems are solved.

I know that EdB is in Alpha 13 beta right now, so there are bound to be issues, but i figured that i would comment on here in the case that it was CR not playing nice with EdB and not EdB causing the issue. Hope that makes things a little more clear.
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

lost_RD

Hello NoImageAvailable! I'm just checking in to say that I can't play Vanilla any more since I discovered this mod of yours. I was a Dwarf Fortress fan first and so I'm into the hardcore simulation and merciless realism that this game provides with the help of CR. I use the Rimfire patch too, kudos to you Alistaire.

I'm loving the turrets in the recent release: the light turret feels well balanced, embrasures work better than the mod I was using before that added them and barbed wire is great too.

eatKenny

Quote from: Grizzlyadamz on May 06, 2016, 12:27:13 PM

Oh hey, you caught me!
So it's attached to the cartridge eh? Well that'd be a pain if it wasn't a moot point anyway (if the armor's based on level-3 like you say)- my understand is that the p90's armor-penetration is based around multiple high-velocity rounds impacting in a tight group, (so accuracy & ROF were critical). The 5-7 by contrast has a lower muzzle-velocity & is semi-auto, so it has a much harder time penetrating even level-2 vests.
The armor-penetration of the so-called 'cop-killer' round is completely overblown, so much so that a lot of police officers in the US & Mexico mention how thankful they are that misconception exists since members of the drug-cartels buy into it.

But anyway, should we move this over to the High-cal thread?

every hit will damage the armor vest(even without penetrating), which will lower the armor rating. so the P90 with it's high ROF will easily take down well armored pawn in 2-3 burst. 5-7 on the other hand will take more time.

when we're talking about armor penetration i think it's ok to stay in this thread, the whole "armor pepetration feature" is from CR.

cowgaming

I installed CC, and then installed CR. CC seems to work fine but CR doesnt work.
i have these mods:
[1] Core
[2] Community Core
[3] Combat Realism

My game seems to think that it cant find the textures for ammo. ive looked at the mod files and i can see the pictures for the ammo, so im not sure what is going on.
Im on a mac running Os X 10.8.6