[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucadena

Quote from: skullywag on May 13, 2016, 08:39:22 AM
well you beat me by a few hours, if id known someone else was on this i wouldnt have bothered....ah well. You should PR that commit back to the main CR repo.
Shouldn't it be better if we test the change before he commit it?
Maybe create another branch called "experimental" or whatever.

Killaim

well damn. tried the mod loved it, especially the hold your fire button, then mechanoids came. one centipeed murdered me completely.

skullywag

Quote from: lucadena on May 13, 2016, 09:59:03 AM
Quote from: skullywag on May 13, 2016, 08:39:22 AM
well you beat me by a few hours, if id known someone else was on this i wouldnt have bothered....ah well. You should PR that commit back to the main CR repo.
Shouldn't it be better if we test the change before he commit it?
Maybe create another branch called "experimental" or whatever.

Well i wouldnt merge it until id tested the commit and confirmed the code was up to scratch (thats what a apull request is for) but sure let me know if it fixes the issue and doesnt break anything.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

someone

Quote from: Krutchen on May 13, 2016, 07:53:58 AM
https://github.com/Krutchen/CombatRealism/releases/tag/v1.6.51

Quick little patch to 1.6.5, Adds in the much needed ability for raiders to fight back against colonists using embrasures and anything else of the sort. Before, they couldn't shoot back because they could not path to the target location, doors would make your embrasures essentially solid walls to them that you could just pew pew out of. Not any more.

I pretty much just had to make a small detour using the ccl to change how AttackTargetFinder was operating.

If I were to update my current CR version to this, would it conflict with existing saves?

Hyena

Quote from: Killaim on May 13, 2016, 12:20:42 PM
well damn. tried the mod loved it, especially the hold your fire button, then mechanoids came. one centipeed murdered me completely.

They are a huge hassle. Especially since it's possible for them to show up well before you've acquired launchers/explosives. I've been attacked by one where the only weapon I had that could deal with it was a mortar. That was awful.

You can damage the sensors with gunfire, at least, and it will run out of ammo (eventually) so if you manage it you can at least reduce it to an ineffectual slug-monster that will only attack if you get close enough for it to melee. Even if you can't kill it.

Killaim

Quote from: Hyena on May 13, 2016, 02:29:37 PM
Quote from: Killaim on May 13, 2016, 12:20:42 PM

They are a huge hassle. Especially since it's possible for them to show up well before you've acquired launchers/explosives. I've been attacked by one where the only weapon I had that could deal with it was a mortar. That was awful.

You can damage the sensors with gunfire, at least, and it will run out of ammo (eventually) so if you manage it you can at least reduce it to an ineffectual slug-monster that will only attack if you get close enough for it to melee. Even if you can't kill it.

yeah i never got that far. i also just realised that all the scythes that also spawned were not even killed by me but by the weapon fire of the centipeed.

damn random randy . was a tad early in the game and best weapon i had was 1 assault rifle

Krutchen

So, for my next magic trick, I think i'm gonna try making added body parts be able to affects stats a bit more than just % of pawn capabilities.
Why should an armoured bionic leg not have more health than a regular leg?
Why should it not let you carry more stuff with CR?

GemInEye

Can the Combat Realism Defence work on its own, without the normal Combat Realism, or do I need both? Because I'd love to have the walls you can shoot through and those turrets, but not the balancing and stuff.

EDIT: Nvm, I just didn't read the description well enough ;-;

joaonunes

EDIT 2: Removed post.

Corrupted save caused the problem. Game does not like to install/uninstall mods on existing saves :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

ShadoiwsofLight

Not compatible with ED-ClosableVent, just in case it saves someone some mod-elimination "game" time.

jackarbiter

Quote from: ShadoiwsofLight on May 14, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
Not compatible with ED-ClosableVent, just in case it saves someone some mod-elimination "game" time.

These work fine together for me. Perhaps you were not restarting the game after closing the mod menu, finally did after pulling the vents mod, and thought removing the mod helped?
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

joaonunes

Quote from: kimesikRUS on May 16, 2016, 07:08:17 AM
How to reload?

when a pawn has a weapon equipped you should see a button named "Reload". If you dont see it something went wrong or you didn't install the mod correctly

If you see the button, there should be no problem and as long as the pawn has extra ammo in his inventory he should reload automatically when he reaches 0 ammo.
Another issue could be the weapon being loaded with one ammo type and carrying another type of ammo, I think you need to change it by right-clicking the reload button and selecting the right ammo type.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

skullywag

Can I ask if you have issues with the CR mod and wish to log issues on github can you use my repos issue tracking:

https://github.com/Skullywag/CombatRealism/issues

and not NoImageAvailables repo as this isnt being looked at by anyone, thankyou!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fafn1r

A quick question(s). Does an embrasure allow to shoot freely from a manned turret, if there is an empty space between them? Does the embrasure give cover in such case?