[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Quote from: Nimander on May 16, 2016, 12:24:06 PM
A quick question(s). Does an embrasure allow to shoot freely from a manned turret, if there is an empty space between them? Does the embrasure give cover in such case?

Yes it does

The turret just needs to be behind the embrasures to be protected by it. You can create a closed bunker with a turret inside and it'll work
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Killaim

damn think i got a mod conflict.

enemy dropped in with siege equipment.

killed them but now in their siege camp are unlootable/usable mortars (that have the charge rifle) as a picture.

very quirky.

porcupine

Quote from: Killaim on May 16, 2016, 09:23:32 PM

killed them but now in their siege camp are unlootable/usable mortars (that have the charge rifle) as a picture.

very quirky.

My last game (only one on CR), all of the mortars dropped with tons of non-existent charge rifles as well.  I wrote it off as a graphics glitch, the attackers still assembled mortars, and behaved normally, I just had garbage on the ground I could never clean.

Shirimoto

very quirky.

yeah I've got the same problem, and the defensive turrets are like that as well for me :(

Killaim

Quote from: Shirimoto on May 17, 2016, 12:49:43 AM

very quirky.

yeah I've got the same problem, and the defensive turrets are like that as well for me :(
Quote from: porcupine on May 17, 2016, 12:48:04 AM

My last game (only one on CR), all of the mortars dropped with tons of non-existent charge rifles as well.  I wrote it off as a graphics glitch, the attackers still assembled mortars, and behaved normally, I just had garbage on the ground I could never clean.

ah ok so its not just me.

skullywag

I can understand how this is happening, but not why, how:

https://github.com/Skullywag/CombatRealism/blob/master/Defs/ThingDefs/Weapons_Artillery.xml

all mortar "guns" have the charge rifle as the texture (as they are fake guns that arent equippable, core does this also) you need to have a texture defined or it breaks, the mortar itself gets the texture for its gun from building def not the gun def (always confused me, why Tynan?) anyways, so thats where the graphic is coming from but why you are seeing it I dont know, i will look into it. I know NIA mentioned this bug in the modders slack before he left so he was aware of it, dont know if he fixed it. Ill see if i can find that conversation.

Can someone put down a full explanation of what you see happening, im confused if there are charge rifles dropping as items, or the building mortars themselves are unremovable, full explanation with detail would be very helpful.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Frug

Quote from: skullywag on May 17, 2016, 07:04:01 AM
I can understand how this is happening, but not why, how:

https://github.com/Skullywag/CombatRealism/blob/master/Defs/ThingDefs/Weapons_Artillery.xml

all mortar "guns" have the charge rifle as the texture (as they are fake guns that arent equippable, core does this also) you need to have a texture defined or it breaks, the mortar itself gets the texture for its gun from building def not the gun def (always confused me, why Tynan?) anyways, so thats where the graphic is coming from but why you are seeing it I dont know, i will look into it. I know NIA mentioned this bug in the modders slack before he left so he was aware of it, dont know if he fixed it. Ill see if i can find that conversation.

Can someone put down a full explanation of what you see happening, im confused if there are charge rifles dropping as items, or the building mortars themselves are unremovable, full explanation with detail would be very helpful.

The items dropped are loads of charge rifles, at least in texture, that cannot be interacted with other than forcing colonists to equip them. Once equipped they can be used as mortars, but if you unequip them they will be stuck in their inventory. You cannot right click it at all, and they can not be forbidden/unforbidden or removed with the dev tool.

kimesikRUS

Help! When I load my save, Combat Realism wont work! CCL right after Core, CCL Vanilla Tweaks after CCL, CR after CCL, CR Defense after CR...

joaonunes

Quote from: kimesikRUS on May 17, 2016, 08:49:13 AM
Help! When I load my save, Combat Realism wont work! CCL right after Core, CCL Vanilla Tweaks after CCL, CR after CCL, CR Defense after CR...

go to AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld/Config/ModsConfig.xml and post your full load order

also, if you even just open the Mods window on the main menu you MUST reload the game, it seems that window changes the load order when its openned, so when you start a game you should go straight to the load save menu

deathstar

Quick question, I've noticed traders are a bit bugged in my current game, meaning the "Group is visiting, have a few items to trade"-traders not the caravans.
Selling them items works, but if they have no inventory space they will pay for what you sell them but leave anything they can't carry behind.

Is this a problem with CR? Maybe a conflict between it and Hospitality?

joaonunes

Quote from: deathstar on May 17, 2016, 07:23:42 PM
Quick question, I've noticed traders are a bit bugged in my current game, meaning the "Group is visiting, have a few items to trade"-traders not the caravans.
Selling them items works, but if they have no inventory space they will pay for what you sell them but leave anything they can't carry behind.

Well that is odd...

Kaizyn

It's caused by the weight & bulk system in CR.    Traders without pack animals will drop excess inventory.     (Caravans don't have the issue due to pack muffalos having unlimited carry capacity)

Small traders were disabled in CR to avoid the issue, but any mods that add them in will face the issue.   

joaonunes

Quote from: Kaizyn on May 18, 2016, 12:23:16 AM

It's caused by the weight & bulk system in CR.    Traders without pack animals will drop excess inventory.     (Caravans don't have the issue due to pack muffalos having unlimited carry capacity)

Small traders were disabled in CR to avoid the issue, but any mods that add them in will face the issue.

They were disabled? I still see sometimes a group of 3-4 people coming to my colony to trade without any muffalos

lost_RD

Sounds like when a weight/bulk check is done, a colony check should be done also. If anybody knows where this happens in the source, I could probably sort it out. I don't really have time to dig around the source right now though.

kimesikRUS

Quote from: joaonunes on May 17, 2016, 09:27:57 AM
Quote from: kimesikRUS on May 17, 2016, 08:49:13 AM

go to AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld/Config/ModsConfig.xml and post your full load order

also, if you even just open the Mods window on the main menu you MUST reload the game, it seems that window changes the load order when its openned, so when you start a game you should go straight to the load save menu
https://gyazo.com/aa8b8d0b0f86f7c549eb5e83553cc1ee