[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUbzero0143

so i installed the mod and i been having issue with the resarch  bench every time i try to use this mod  any suggestion?

NoImageAvailable

Progress update: the final feature for this new version made it in today. One of the big problems when fighting mechanoids was that the only way to kill them was to grind down the health on some very tough external body parts or hope for a lucky headshot. This lead to firefights often becoming a drag as you slowly plinked away at massive health pools. This changes now:

Mechanoids now have internal components that fulfill a similar role as the vital organs on humans. If you have a weapon tough enough to penetrate through the outer armor then you'll be able to do some serious damage to those internals. Every internal component damaged will seriously impair a mech's ability to fight back effectively, destroy enough critical components and the mech dies straight up. One good hit with a rocket launcher or mortar will cripple if not outright kill a Centipede.

To compensate, mechs had their armor values increased and are overall more capable of withstanding fire from non-penetrating shots. So it is now much more about bringing the right tools for the job, heavy weapons and explosives eat through Centipedes while regular small arms will plink away ineffectually.

Now that the final feature addition made it in I only need to fix a few outstanding bugs and the update will finally be ready for public release, hopefully in a few days from now.

Quote from: SUbzero0143 on March 16, 2016, 12:09:12 PM
so i installed the mod and i been having issue with the resarch  bench every time i try to use this mod  any suggestion?

This mod doesn't touch research so I suspect another mod is causing whatever issue you have. If you want more help you'll need to provide an actual description of your issue as well as your mod list and output_log.txt.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

Cool. The only qualm I have is that vanilla doesn't have a lot of heavy weapons(the only heavy weapon I can think of in vanilla is the sniper rifle and maybe the assault rifle), so if you don't like having weapon mods, you'll have to use explosives, and those can be tricky or impractical to use at times.

NoImageAvailable

Vanilla has the charge rifle which can semi-reliably penetrate Centipede armor and the next release also includes changes to the mortar that'll make scoring direct hits easier. Beyond that you always have rocket launchers and grenades. Its not much variety but then you're playing with only vanilla guns so that's the logical consequence, isn't it?

NoImageAvailable

Update

Version 1.5.0 is finally here. Major focuses for this release were rebalancing and making things transparent and almost every mechanics has been adjusted in some way. Insofar I'd like to hear people's feedback on the overall balance and helpfulness of the information presented so I can make further improvements if necessary. In other news I have moved from Dropbox to GitHub for new releases.

Now onto the new mechanical additions:

Firing modes

All weapons can now switch between aimed and snapshot. Snapshot behaves exactly as vanilla whereas aimed shot will reduce weapon sway by an amount depending on the shooter's aiming accuracy. This means that high level shooters will be able to negate weapon sway almost entirely by using aimed shots. The downside is that after the weapon finishes its warmup phase the pawn will take a short while to take aim before firing with the exact time depending on the distance to the target.

Automatic weapons will have the option of toggling between single, burst and full auto fire. Single shot is self-explanatory, burst fire fires short controlled bursts for when you want to snipe a certain target and full auto fires long bursts ideal for suppressing a target.

Artillery spotting

Mortars have been rebalanced. Overall the destructive potential of individual shells is lower, fragmentation in particular has been reduced quite a bit. To compensate, base accuracy is now much better. However, indirect fire now carries a steep penalty with it and will severely reduce accuracy to the tune of 20% of distance in cells as additional miss radius. So for example firing at a target you can't see 100 cells away would mean the shell will have deviations of up to 20 cells in addition to all the regular inaccuracy.

There are two ways to avoid this penalty: the first is to have direct sight of the target. This means the thing your mortar is shooting at has to be within 107 cells (same range as a sniper rifle or machine gun) and have unobstructed line of sight to the operator. For example, if you place your mortar behind your defensive line where it can see the enemies fighting your colonists it will be able to deliver accurate fire support with no penalties.

The other way is to employ spotters. Combat suppliers will carry binoculars that you can equip in place of a regular weapon. You can then manually designate either a specific object or location on the ground to be marked. This will place a red marker on the target. If you target a cell or pawn marked in such a way with your mortar, not only will it not incur indirect fire penalties, it will also receive a boost in accuracy compared to direct fire so its always worth it to mark targets even if you have line of sight on it.

Keep in mind that turrets now account for operator skill when determining accuracy and spotting also takes into account the accuracy of the spotter so giving your binoculars and mortar to the guys with 0 shooting and cataracts might not be the best idea.

falconbunker

Upon loading this mod in on the mod menu, the errors related to combat realism in this log showed up https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29IXwitTppednV1ck5COHZDUEE/view?usp=sharing. If I could get assistance that would be appreciated, thanks.

TheGentlmen

Doesn't say anywhere what version of Rimworld its for, fix your bullshit!!1 NIA, you can do better!\

Anyways, I tried it on A12 and it worked...

Love this mod so far but Its bugged so omg sucks. Also could you add multiplayer

Bullshit lazy modders wasting peoples time11!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: falconbunker on March 20, 2016, 01:55:39 PM
Upon loading this mod in on the mod menu, the errors related to combat realism in this log showed up https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29IXwitTppednV1ck5COHZDUEE/view?usp=sharing. If I could get assistance that would be appreciated, thanks.

Let me guess, you're running Rimfire/some other weapon mod that offered a compatibility patch for the old version?

falconbunker

Yeah I am, but they said it was for the new version of combat realism, going to check again to see if the site I uploaded from didn't have the new version of the weapon mod in question.

Edit: It's fixed now, keep up the good work this is a great mod.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: falconbunker on March 20, 2016, 02:13:51 PM
Yeah I am, but they said it was for the new one, going to check again to see if the site I uploaded from didn't have the new version of rimfire yet.

It seems the patch was packaged incorrectly, I talked to alistaire about it and it should be fixed now.

SwiftShadow

I looked a youtube video of the mod before i got it and noticed all the colonists had like a little reload icon so i would know how many bullets left till reload, i dont seem to have that? Is that an intentional update or why do i not have it.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: SwiftShadow on March 21, 2016, 05:28:22 PM
I looked a youtube video of the mod before i got it and noticed all the colonists had like a little reload icon so i would know how many bullets left till reload, i dont seem to have that? Is that an intentional update or why do i not have it.

The reload gizmos should still be there. What gun(s) is/are having the issue?

SwiftShadow

The very first survival rifle when i start the game, wanted to test out how it is.

I also use the EdBInterface mod for a better UI.
VeinMiner mod that lets me set colonists to mine an entire vein.
[A11 Hairs] AnimuHair mod that just adds haircuts
and TMods-191 that adds more floors and bed colors.

None of these mods should have anything to do with the guns and the shooting that this mod changes.

Also after adding this mod my research tab is eamty, i tried disabling all other mods, and still doesnt work.

NoImageAvailable

Please attach your output_log.txt here (its in YourRimworldFolder/Rimworld914Win_Data). Also, did you remember to restart Rimworld after opening the mod menu (i.e. did you just go into the mod menu, activate the mod and go straight into the game from there)?

SwiftShadow

ok after the restart it wont let me activate your mods at all, says recovered from incompliteble mod errors and disables them all.

my activate order was

1 Core
2 Community core library v0.12.6
3 Community core library - Vanilla Tweaks
4 Combat realism core
5 Comnat realism defence pack

and i cant attach the file it is too large, it is 776 kb, but the max forums let is 600 kb