[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: HattoriHanzo on February 26, 2015, 04:24:55 AM
Love your mod!

Used it in A8 without any problems, but now i have a strange issue:

The M2 Browning is buildable but when i`'s done, i cant't use it. And the despcription of the built item is some programming string.

I also use "more vanilla turrets", could that be an issue?

Loaded up More Vanilla Turrets and I can't reproduce the bug. Can you post a screenshot + log?

Quote from: Kruniac on February 26, 2015, 12:55:55 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 26, 2015, 03:58:36 AM
Quote from: Kruniac on February 26, 2015, 02:30:12 AM
Something is a little funny here. I absolutely love the mod (I'm removing limbs with the M2 and getting off on it.), however it seems that the walls aren't really responding the way they should.

Ideally, a steel wall isn't going to be blown through by a weapon. Instead, mech miniguns and my M2 obliterate a wall section with 1 or 2 bullets.

I find it odd because the wall segment you can shoot through survived several bullets from a mechanoid, whereas the default steel wall sections to the left and right crumbled immediately.

Sounds like a conflicting mod is overriding the walls. Normally walls and rock formations should have the same resistance to bullets that the embrasures have.

Combat Realism
Combat Realism Defence
Core
EDBPrepareCarefully (Disabled)
Hobo Stove
Icons
MediXP
Organ Engineering
Slavers
Target Practice
VeinMiner

Any ideas? From what little I know about the XML structure, nothing looks like it's overwriting the buildings file with the definitions in it. Is there some kind of load order thing I'm missing?

I looked through all these mods and didn't find any conflicts. Just for the record, you are loading CR after Core, right?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Kruniac

I just recently found out that there was a way to alter load order. I'm guessing what happened is that I loaded my mods willy nilly and something went wrong.

Now I'm loading RealismCore and RealismDefence absolutely last to make sure they take hold.

Facepunch

I've a suggestion: Remove the chance to hit this "Torso" entirely. I've complained about it in the past. I love most of rimworld's medical system. Except the Torso. If I got shot, and the wound scarred, my torso's integrity wouldn't be permanently and pretty badly compromised. I've have a mark on my skin. I might suffer a tension pneumo, or a hole in my bloody heart, in which case, I probably wouldn't survive, but my torso's structure would be fine.

Kruniac

Quote from: Facepunch on February 26, 2015, 08:00:25 PM
I've a suggestion: Remove the chance to hit this "Torso" entirely. I've complained about it in the past. I love most of rimworld's medical system. Except the Torso. If I got shot, and the wound scarred, my torso's integrity wouldn't be permanently and pretty badly compromised. I've have a mark on my skin. I might suffer a tension pneumo, or a hole in my bloody heart, in which case, I probably wouldn't survive, but my torso's structure would be fine.

I disagree. Just from being sliced up in various locations on my body, I have nerve damage scattered around and tendon weakness in certain places. I'd imagine a gunshot to the torso would be even worse.

I'm also assuming that we aren't using the most modern surgery in this game. Just some guy with 5 skill hacking you up and stitching you shut. I dunno.

Facepunch

Tendons, I can see being an issue. Nerve damage wouldn't overall compromise the integrity of your torso. Also, being shot is less damaging than getting cut, depending on the caliber of round, distance, velocity, etc. Getting stabbed damages a wider area of your body than the bullet would. Again, depending on the caliber(Getting hit by a .50 would kill you dead. You would be more hole than man, but a 9mm would make a neat hole in the front, a bit of a mess in the back, but overall nothing TOO severe). Why getting shot kills you, is organ and/or artery damage. I'd be fine with an added body "Part" that is the torso's circulatory system, massive blood loss, high health (To represent it's size), but quite easy to hit. I'm not saying it wouldn't leave you with temporary damages (Quite extreme damages, too) to your torso's integrity, but once it heals it wont be much more than a mark, and maybe the inability to move as well. That is, if you live long enough for it to heal.

Pokk720

I hope this question hasn't already been answered but where do I put the contents of the "Source" folder when installing the mod.

NoImageAvailable

The problem with removing torso hit chance is that it will still be damaged even if not directly hit. Because body parts are defined as a tree structure (i.e. you have the torso as top node, which has child nodes like arms, legs and internal organs) and whenever a bullet hits a child node it will damage the top node as well, e.g. a hit to the heart will automatically damage the torso as well. I also left a small chance to hit the torso itself simply because it also has the intestine and body fat which aren't represented in the game, so there is a 15% chance to hit those.

Beyond that you also have to consider blunt weapons. If I were to remove the torso somehow they would start hitting internal organs and I don't think destroying a kidney with the swing of a club makes much sense.

Quote from: Pokk720 on February 27, 2015, 12:21:17 AM
I hope this question hasn't already been answered but where do I put the contents of the "Source" folder when installing the mod.

No need to put it anywhere, it just contains the source code for the .dll, in case other modders want to make use of it.

Pokk720

Oh okay. I've been playing with the mod for a while with the Source folder in the actual mods folder and it was correctly changing the attributes of guns and everything but I noticed a major difference in organ damage after I took it out. Anyway, thanks and your mod is genius.

Facepunch

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 27, 2015, 02:16:24 AM
I don't think destroying a kidney with the swing of a club makes much sense.

Actually, considering your colonist's lives may depend on winning a fight (So they're actually hitting hard, probably as hard as they can), and they are armed with a club which increases the amount of force they can apply to the body considerably, its perfectly reasonable that a kidney be damaged to the point it's useless by a swing of the club. I mean, you can snap and shatter bones with a club, a kidneys a nice little squishy sack of meat. It's going to take that force, and it's going to mess things up.

Alistaire

Heads up; while browsing through your mod's XML I found that the frag grenade explodes into Fragment_MortarSmall, Medium and Large. However, just before the ThingDef of the frag grenade you define Fragment_GrenadeFragSmall, Medium and Large. These are never used.

I assume you want grenades to explode into those.

karlnp

I quite like this mod, but find it makes repelling raids too easy, since ranges have been dramatically increased. One colonist with a survival rifle and 8-12 Shooting can snipe 2/3rds of a raid party. I suppose this is realistic given the range of an average hunting rifle or gun emplacement, but for the map sizes we have in RimWorld, perhaps it would help to also alter raid ThinkTrees to seek cover while "planning" instead of just wandering around in the open.

HattoriHanzo

Solved my problem with the non-functional browning, was a loading-issue and the mod-load-order-mod helped!

Thanks for the great mod! In combination with the zombie-apoc-mod it's just hilarouis! Mewing through a horde of zombies with several brwonings is just that great :D

Bunisher

Hello!

I really like what this mod is trying to do as I have felt that some weapons in the game is just not working as I would like them to. I do have a question though. Firearms are now more deadly, great, that's what I'd like to see. But what is the chance that the people you're shooting at actually become incapped instead of just straight out killed? I do get that a .50-cal will just destroy a body, killing the pawn but what about smaller caliber weapons? Is it even possible to get more colonists with this mod installed or will everyone you shoot at just die if you hit? =P

Makropony

So I don't seem to be able to haul any weapons. It always shows that there is "no empty space configured to store it", even though I have two large empty stockpiles that do have "weapons" enabled.
http://i.imgur.com/gF9QtHT.jpg these are the mods I use, I'm not sure if it's an issue with yours, but CR and Rimworld are the ones that deal with weapons a lot.

Nevermind, fixed itself.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: karlnp on March 01, 2015, 07:18:17 PM
I quite like this mod, but find it makes repelling raids too easy, since ranges have been dramatically increased. One colonist with a survival rifle and 8-12 Shooting can snipe 2/3rds of a raid party. I suppose this is realistic given the range of an average hunting rifle or gun emplacement, but for the map sizes we have in RimWorld, perhaps it would help to also alter raid ThinkTrees to seek cover while "planning" instead of just wandering around in the open.

The AI has been on my list of things to take a look at for A9 but due personal time constraints/health issues I haven't been able to dedicate much time to this mod, so I don't actually know what can or can't be done with the AI. Although from personal observations it seems that if enough Zerglings spawn with rifles etc. the horde will engage at an appropriate range.

Quote from: Bunisher on March 02, 2015, 05:25:45 AM
Hello!

I really like what this mod is trying to do as I have felt that some weapons in the game is just not working as I would like them to. I do have a question though. Firearms are now more deadly, great, that's what I'd like to see. But what is the chance that the people you're shooting at actually become incapped instead of just straight out killed? I do get that a .50-cal will just destroy a body, killing the pawn but what about smaller caliber weapons? Is it even possible to get more colonists with this mod installed or will everyone you shoot at just die if you hit? =P

Its entirely storyteller-based. If you don't like the amount of colonists you get from Cassandra you have to play on Randy.