[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Quote from: absolutist on April 27, 2016, 12:28:40 AM
is the loadout section supposed to be a tab at the bottom? If so, I appear to be missing it somehow
It's on the same tab as outfits

absolutist

Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2016, 01:03:45 AM
is the loadout section supposed to be a tab at the bottom? If so, I appear to be missing it somehow

interesting. doesn't seem to be showing up for me. AutoEquip mod may be conflicting with it

AllenWL

I think the boomalopes really need to be looked at. Traders arrived with some boomalopes, and the boomalopes aren't moving. They just sit there at the edge of the map. They don't cause lag anymore, but they still don't seem to move.

Edit: Anyone know when pawns go fill up their 'loadout' bar? I currently have them on a loadout of
Knife
Arrow 30
We don't have knives, but we do have arrows. However, the pawns aren't picking up arrows.

Edit: My bad, didn't assign the loadout to the pawns. Woops

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: SteelRev on April 26, 2016, 08:10:54 PM
Overloaded pawn attempting to reload caused game to hang and finally crash.

Output log says you are still using v1.6.1. 1.6.2 made some changes that should make cases like this handle more gracefully.

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 26, 2016, 09:39:03 PM
Bows and pilas don't actually work at all. A colonist with both types of arrows and pilas in their inventory will not fire with bows or a pila, nor do they have any gizmos like all the other weapons.

I found this out shortly after a manhunter pack of wargs came and the only reliable weapon I had at the time were bows. Fun.

I can't reproduce this. Added regular and great bows and pilas into test inventory and they all worked just fine. What was the exact context you had your issue in?

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:08:29 AM
I can start a game fine right now and everything in-game seems to be working properly with all my mods but I can't ever load up a saved game once I go back to menu or close game. Same mods, same order.

Seems like there is another issue with the loadout saving. We'll look into it.

Edit: After reproducing the issue, it looks like you forgot to restart the game after changing your mod order. Saving in that broken state leads to the same error as yours.

Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2016, 01:52:52 AM
I think the boomalopes really need to be looked at. Traders arrived with some boomalopes, and the boomalopes aren't moving. They just sit there at the edge of the map. They don't cause lag anymore, but they still don't seem to move.

I had a preliminary look at it but it seems like a CCL issue. I know E made modifications to the original code I submitted to him and it seems to have broken things. Either that or CCL's documentation on the usage is outdated. Either way it'll be fixed with the next batch of bugs.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Alistaire

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 26, 2016, 09:16:50 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
The loadouts keep it from being too much micro for me. I think a few tweaks here or there would resolve most issues for people, like a modded "no gun, low food" type alert about low .303 ammo (since there are so many types now). But I'm liking this better than the infinite ammo version, and I think when it's balanced right a lot of people will come around to the ammo side of things.

As for making ammo, you tend to make stacks of 500 pretty fast.

I think something was wrong with your game nuschler; in mine I could make ammo and my handgun pawns were deadly accurate up close.

Might be.  It was so bad it was comical, but frustrating.  My "good" shooter wasted about 75 rounds trying to shoot a mad squirrel on the other side of a fence.  I finally reloaded an earlier save and let my colonists melee it.

Using one of the rifles with a decent range, I tried to pick off siegers.  Once again, about 100 rounds later, I don't think he hit one, even as they ignored him and moved closer as they built.

I'm using this with RimFire so maybe there is a conflict.  I might try using just this.

I might be incorrect but I'm fairly sure low lying animals (such as a squirrel) are near impossible to hit shooting over or through something just as shooting through a bunch of trees you are likely not going to hit anything making clear sight-lines (removing rubble and trees) very important for shooting especially at long range. I've also noticed that if your target is moving when your pawn fires you seem to have a much higher chance to miss due to them attempting to lead the target. I feel all this together makes hitting a sporadic little squirrel over a fence a real challenge which it should be realistically.

I want to comment on this conversation:

If your aim is to hit a target on long range you will want to make sure that you
1) try to have a good shot at them. If your target is shorter than a tree and there are many trees in the way you're better off changing position
to find a better shot.
2) set up your attacker accordingly - if you want to hit the target you set the attacker to aimed mode and preferably single shot as well, if
your aim is to suppress the target you will want to use burst mode and if you feel like you have way too much ammo use auto mode.
Recoil can screw you up massively (try shooting a target with a rifle on full auto and see how each next bullet of the burst impacts further
away from the target).
3) come up with a better method. Maybe your 20 shooting sniper wielder is a boss but it's just not possible to have him luck out and get bullets
to fly past each tree in the forest - get a better weapon for the situation. Shotguns and SMGs are amazing weapons due to their low recoil and
large bullet throughput which makes them similar to assault rifles but more accurate - besides you won't hit as many obstacles at low range.

AllenWL

So a raider killed the boomalope, and apparently, boomalope explosions don't light fires either...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2016, 06:20:38 AM
So a raider killed the boomalope, and apparently, boomalope explosions don't light fires either...

They don't light fires in vanilla either. Only incendiary and thermobaric weapons set flammable objects on fire and only incendiary weapons spawn fuel puddles which burn for a long duration afterwards.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

Huh? Last I checked, both boomalope and boomrat explosions lighted fires in vanilla...

Pletter

2 bugs.
First, the centipede is unable to use his inferno cannon (he tries to do an aimed shot but then he gets prompted to reload and uses an ammo).
Second, my colonist is unable to damage the thing aside from certain censors as you can see in the picture. My colonist uses AP ammo assault rifle.
Used the latest pre-release build 1.6.2

Krutchen

Can somebody throw me a link to the Combat Realism defense download?
I know that's not ready for full on use in A13 yet, but I've got a serious itch for embrasures + barbed wire + tons of landmines, and i'm down to make all the defs A13 compatable myself, but in my infinite wisdom, I deleted my CR Defense folder.

jackarbiter

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 27, 2016, 06:36:05 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2016, 06:20:38 AM

They don't light fires in vanilla either.

They light fires in vanilla, but I would prefer they didn't, especially if we are gonna be milking them. Chain reaction boomalopes made me consider modding them out.

BTW, do you have a copy of your list of weapon stats? Gotta mod a few older weapons in and would like to make them compatible.

Quote from: Krutchen on April 27, 2016, 07:06:55 AM
Can somebody throw me a link to the Combat Realism defense download?
I know that's not ready for full on use in A13 yet, but I've got a serious itch for embrasures + barbed wire + tons of landmines, and i'm down to make all the defs A13 compatable myself, but in my infinite wisdom, I deleted my CR Defense folder.

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatRealism/releases/tag/v1.5.0
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

AllenWL

Quote from: Pletter on April 27, 2016, 06:56:46 AM
Second, my colonist is unable to damage the thing aside from certain censors as you can see in the picture. My colonist uses AP ammo assault rifle.
Used the latest pre-release build 1.6.2
Possibly, assault rifle ammo, even the AP verity, isn't strong enough to penetrate centipede armor, and the sensors aren't covered by ammo.
Maybe try sniper rifles/charge rifles or explosives?

The_Haminator

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 27, 2016, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:08:29 AM
Here's my error log showing mods and order as well in case that helps.
http://imgur.com/v5IscrO
From what I can tell you're still using Combat Realism Core, not Combat Realism 1.6.2 (The most recent update). Also your mod order should be as follows:
Core
CCL
Combat Realism 1.6.2
Rimfire 2.0 Combat Realism
Everything else. Don't load EDB's stuff before the 'core' mods.

Hey so thanks for the help here. I changed my order and got playing last night. First game on an ice sheet and was having an absolute blast (fighting off frostbite, power demands and starvation) even killed a thrumbo (using one pawn to run around my chunk pile while the other two lit it up).

Before I knew it 4 hours had passed so I saved crossed my fingers and closed the game. I was prepared to lose yet another fun game but I went back in and it loaded up no problem! So awesome!, this is a must have mod in my opinion.

edit - spelling

JAVAgamer

Is it safe to play with a newer version on a world which used an older version of the mod?

absolutist

Quote from: absolutist on April 27, 2016, 01:19:26 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2016, 01:03:45 AM
interesting. doesn't seem to be showing up for me. AutoEquip mod may be conflicting with it

I can confirm that AutoEquip conflicts and removes the loadout, haven't tried loading AutoEquip before CR. Just to let anyone know that has the same issue