[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

For those who are using skullywag's embrasures, colonists are unable to shoot through them while standing in front of them, but having a colonist taking cover behind a wall next to the embrasure lets them shoot through it.

AllenWL

Just trying to make a list of what gun uses what ammo, which was basically spawning in every weapon then spawning in the bullets next to the guns. It really puts some things into perspective, like wow having just vanilla rimworld and CR really limits your options.
Not a single vanilla gun that uses high-caliber rounds, and most seems to use what's basically pistol rounds.
With rimfire+CR, you get a bit more guns, and nearly all ammo are used. You certainly get access to all types anyways. Most guns just have FMJ, AP, HP ammo though.

So far, shotguns seems to be unrivaled as the most versatile weapons. They have birdshot(shotgun version of HP basically. 40 pallets per shot), buckshot(shotgun-ver FMJ), slug(sort of the shotgun AP round. Actually has armor penetration similar to a FMJ pistol round, but damage that is pretty much unrivaled by anything that doesn't use explosives), beanbag(non-lethal) and a EMP shot, giving them a much wider usage than most guns.

While high caliber guns come close in the number of different bullets, all bullets are basically different ways of taking down heavily armored targets.

The shotguns however, can have their uses change almost completely with different bullets(you're probably not going to take beanbags into battle, or spray that scyther with a birdshot. Nor will you use slugs to break up a fight[at least I hope not...], or hunt rabbits with a EMP round)

Also, the RPG ammo seems to be the only ammunition that only stacks up to 25
(note that these are just observations made from the info panel for the different ammo, and there has been barely any playtesting)

Edit: Also, I found a possible 'exploit' I suppose you can call it. You can get around a pawn's '75' carry capacity by having the pawn 'pick up' the items into his inventory, then haul what's left. A single pawn who isn't weighed down by anything can carry nearly 150 items in one go like this. As it is, it's easy to have a pawn carry 100+ items at once, though it does take a bit of micromanaging.

SteelRev

I still at work and haven't used the 1.6.2 version yet, but have backpacks and tact vest been fixed yet? My pawns can't haul them because they aren't classified in the storage system and my pawns refuse to ware them unless forced. I see they can be crafted at the tailor bench and worn as apparel but other than that the game doesn't recognise the items.

Edit: damn you auto-correct

Cuddles

I'm not sure why, but the ammo thing just plain doesn't work for me. I can see the load out creation dummies as well. The machining table does not have any bills to make ammo, and on top of that if i simply spawn in the ammo my colonists pretends its not even there. Once the gun runs out of ammo its GG gun. I also don't seem to be able to loot ammo off of dead people, not sure how its supposed to work since it has never worked but no ammo ever pops out unless I got dev mode and spawn it in. I've stripped my mods down to just CCL 1.31 (also tried 1.30) and Combat Realism 1.6.2 to minimize issues. Help?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Cuddles on April 27, 2016, 02:28:32 PM
I'm not sure why, but the ammo thing just plain doesn't work for me. I can see the load out creation dummies as well. The machining table does not have any bills to make ammo, and on top of that if i simply spawn in the ammo my colonists pretends its not even there. Once the gun runs out of ammo its GG gun. I also don't seem to be able to loot ammo off of dead people, not sure how its supposed to work since it has never worked but no ammo ever pops out unless I got dev mode and spawn it in. I've stripped my mods down to just CCL 1.31 (also tried 1.30) and Combat Realism 1.6.2 to minimize issues. Help?

Did you remember to restart the game after opening the mod menu?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Cuddles

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 27, 2016, 02:47:38 PM

Wow, um ok then. I guess that worked. I didn't even know that was a thing tbh. Thanks!

porcupine

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 27, 2016, 12:41:06 PM
For those who are using skullywag's embrasures, colonists are unable to shoot through them while standing in front of them, but having a colonist taking cover behind a wall next to the embrasure lets them shoot through it.

While that may be a bug,  IMHO that's how embrasures should work.  After having used 'em in A12, I think they needed a big-time nerfing.  Anything you can shoot through with absolute impunity might as well be an stationary invincibility shield (yeah, I know they could be damaged, but you could just lock colonists doing repairs inside 'em).

Also, having them between walls makes sense to me (you wouldn't have a continuous row of embrasures in real life, you'd have solid gaps between 'em to hide behind), and it really should be setup so both sides suffer massive penalties when > 1 space away (I think I had a turret in the center of a room made of 'em, which didn't make a wink of sense).  Last but not least, people inside 'em should still get suppressed, and attackers within 1 tile on the outside should have a decent chance of lobbing crap in (IE: a grenade, moltov, etc., through the hole).

I was playing A12 with the "modvarietypack", I'm not sure which embrasures were in play with that collection of mods, I just recall they were unreasonably OP.  One colonist with rifle, and another capable of repairing were effectively invincible locked inside 'em, without even needing micro-management at that point.

porcupine

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 27, 2016, 02:47:38 PM
[...]

It's almost like RW needs a mod (or Tynan's fingers!) to put a "save changes and exit game"  button on the mod menu, with no other exit option, to force reloads :D

dareddevil7

An issue is that there is no way to have a pawn change the ammo type they will be using, what do I do when the guy in power armor gets to my doorstep and my survival rifle man is stuck with HP

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 27, 2016, 05:48:41 PM
An issue is that there is no way to have a pawn change the ammo type they will be using, what do I do when the guy in power armor gets to my doorstep and my survival rifle man is stuck with HP

Right-clicking the reload button brings up the menu for switching ammo types.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

dareddevil7

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 27, 2016, 05:51:08 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 27, 2016, 05:48:41 PM

Right-clicking the reload button brings up the menu for switching ammo types.
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks, I would never have figured that out myself

Kenobi94

Is anyone else having this issue? My pawns are getting stuck in a loop where they repeatedly attempt to pick up a simple meal that pushes their bulk over it's limit. So then they put down the simple meal and try again. I've tried setting them to carry less ammo but I want at least two back up clips for my assault rifles.

cnileoleman

Is it just me, or do great bows need a buff? I was doing some testing with a rank 20 shooter on other colonists (because I'm a monster) and not only was she useless aiming in a clear field at an upright pawn in bright light at middle range but if the pawn is wearing any clothing at all you get bruises. The worst injuries I was able to inflict were small cuts and minor cracks in bones. I was using apparello and might have been doing things wrong so I'll run more tests later. Other weapons were absolutely lethal (other than a railgun, same problem with bruises) and the shooter was in perfect health. I was also using epoe with patches, and yes, I restarted the game and made a new world. :D Sorry in advance if they are added by someone else.