[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alistaire

Quote from: Dragoon on February 10, 2015, 05:26:21 AM
Would you be willing to make https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.0 (rimfire) balanced version of this mod it's also vanilla friendly so I figured they would work well together.

As a heads up for someone who started on this already, I've been working on one for a while now. I haven't played with Combat Realism yet, but I'm referencing the xml values for balance.

Dragoon

Quote from: Alistaire on February 10, 2015, 01:39:50 PM
As a heads up for someone who started on this already, I've been working on one for a while now. I haven't played with Combat Realism yet, but I'm referencing the xml values for balance.

:D COOL! I love your mods @_@
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ire of the Mad God

It would be super awesome if you made a compatible version of Shinzy's Apparello. Between that, and Project armory, its basically a whole new game. Also, maybe finding some way to nerf the mechanoids? 2 centipedes with miniguns cut through my defenses in seconds. Their withering fire evaporated my stone walls and made mince meat of my colonist on the other side. When they fire at their max range there's just nothing you can do except cry. 

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ire of the Mad God on February 10, 2015, 04:36:19 PM
It would be super awesome if you made a compatible version of Shinzy's Apparello. Between that, and Project armory, its basically a whole new game. Also, maybe finding some way to nerf the mechanoids? 2 centipedes with miniguns cut through my defenses in seconds. Their withering fire evaporated my stone walls and made mince meat of my colonist on the other side. When they fire at their max range there's just nothing you can do except cry.

Miniguns shouldn't be able to do that much damage to walls, that sounds like you have a compatibility problem. Do you have any other mods that modify the base walls? Also, I play with Apparello myself and I didn't run into any compatibility issues, so it doesn't need a patch.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Ire of the Mad God

At the time, yes, but it was the better beacons mod, which as far as I know doesn't modify the walls. Also, while using apparello I saw a couple of graphical issues, mostly gun textures not appearing, and odd artifacting around certain characters.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ire of the Mad God on February 10, 2015, 04:46:22 PM
At the time, yes, but it was the better beacons mod, which as far as I know doesn't modify the walls. Also, while using apparello I saw a couple of graphical issues, mostly gun textures not appearing, and odd artifacting around certain characters.

You have to restart your game every time you open the mod menu, otherwise you will get garbled textures. It is a known issue with the game and I'm guessing the cause of your problems.

Ire of the Mad God

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 10, 2015, 04:50:10 PM
Quote from: Ire of the Mad God on February 10, 2015, 04:46:22 PM

You have to restart your game every time you open the mod menu, otherwise you will get garbled textures. It is a known issue with the game and I'm guessing the cause of your problems.

alright, I'll give it a shot when I get home. Anyways, awesome work. The mod makes the combat so much more challenging, it makes for a way more challenging (fun) experience.

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Dragoon on February 12, 2015, 03:25:40 AM
Why does the bolt pistol only have 10 range?

Pistol ranges are currently standardized across the board because I was too lazy to research them properly. I'll take another look at them for the next update.

Dragoon

I know you will be busy (project armor is huge!) but if you have the time after the next release ( I figure you'll be really busy when alpha 9 comes out) would you be willing to make a project haloverse realism mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7703.0  ( It has the stuff to make super soldiers :D) .

akiceabear

• Hope this list is updated for A9, as I really enjoy it!
  • I've had a problem in some plays where it isn't possible for a pawn to mount a mortar/turrent. Is this bug known? Tried reloading the save a few times to no avail... I can share a save if helpful, although I wonder if it is a too-many-mods issue...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on February 19, 2015, 05:05:19 AM

• Hope this list is updated for A9, as I really enjoy it!
  • I've had a problem in some plays where it isn't possible for a pawn to mount a mortar/turrent. Is this bug known? Tried reloading the save a few times to no avail... I can share a save if helpful, although I wonder if it is a too-many-mods issue...

1. An update for vanilla is in the works and will likely be released either this weekend or early next week. It will include a number of new features and balance tweaks as well as Alpha 9 compatibility. The Project Armory version is coming as soon as the PA team updates it to A9.
2. I never had this issue, nor has anyone else reported it. I'd say wait and see if it persists into the A9 version and report it again if it does.

akiceabear

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 19, 2015, 05:23:05 AM
1. An update for vanilla is in the works and will likely be released either this weekend or early next week. It will include a number of new features and balance tweaks as well as Alpha 9 compatibility. The Project Armory version is coming as soon as the PA team updates it to A9.
2. I never had this issue, nor has anyone else reported it. I'd say wait and see if it persists into the A9 version and report it again if it does.

Great on 1! I like playing at least one "full" playthrough on each vanilla beta, but look forward to the high-stakes combat realism after that :)

Re mount bug: it has only occurred since adding a few mods and starting to play on Mac (which I use when on the road). I've noticed in general that version is slightly wonkier, so probably goes beyond this mod specifically.

NoImageAvailable

Updated to Alpha 9, added fragmentation effect to various explosives (see changelog on first page for more details):

While I did some performance testing to guarantee smooth gameplay I suspect slower machines might struggle with large mortar barrages. Feedback regarding this would be appreciated. Although given their new effectiveness I'm guessing there won't be more than 3-4 mortars firing at any given time so impact on FPS should be minimal. Also, due to personal time constraints I was not able to playtest this version extensively so any feedback regarding gameplay would be appreciated as well.