[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunisher

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 02, 2015, 08:28:53 AM
Its entirely storyteller-based. If you don't like the amount of colonists you get from Cassandra you have to play on Randy.

I'm sorry but I don't think you understood my question. I'll try to rephrase it. What is the chance of the ones you're shooting at to become incapped instead of just outright dying, so you can capture them and try to recruit them? Is it as high as the normal game or will it be harder with this mod installed? Since, you know, you said that it is a higher chance to hit a vital organ.

Edit: If it wasnt obvious yet, I still havent tried the mod due to still wondering about this.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Bunisher on March 02, 2015, 09:28:53 AM
Its entirely storyteller-based. If you don't like the amount of colonists you get from Cassandra you have to play on Randy.

I'm sorry but I don't think you understood my question. I'll try to rephrase it. What is the chance of the ones you're shooting at to become incapped instead of just outright dying, so you can capture them and try to recruit them? Is it as high as the normal game or will it be harder with this mod installed? Since, you know, you said that it is a higher chance to hit a vital organ.

Edit: If it wasnt obvious yet, I still havent tried the mod due to still wondering about this.

Whenever a pawn gets high enough pain/bloodloss the storyteller AI checks if he should pass out or die. If you're wondering about the chances of getting to that level of pain, I playtested it on Randy Challenge and had more than enough prisoners. Keep in mind that while unprotected organs will get oneshot by most everything armored opponents are protected from one-hit-kills and limbs are generally tougher, meaning you can land more hits with more damage for more pain. While low damage weapons like assault rifles are significantly more powerful than vanilla they still don't oneshot an enemy through power armor the way an M-24 would (and the M-24 has, infact, significantly decreased lethality compared to vanilla). More powerful weapons like an M2 still leave plenty of prisoners simply because a shot to the leg means instant incap. How it compares to vanilla combat I can't tell you, because I haven't played vanilla since Alpha 7.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Bunisher

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 02, 2015, 11:30:20 AM
Quote from: Bunisher on March 02, 2015, 09:28:53 AM

Whenever a pawn gets high enough pain/bloodloss the storyteller AI checks if he should pass out or die. If you're wondering about the chances of getting to that level of pain, I playtested it on Randy Challenge and had more than enough prisoners. Keep in mind that while unprotected organs will get oneshot by most everything armored opponents are protected from one-hit-kills and limbs are generally tougher, meaning you can land more hits with more damage for more pain. While low damage weapons like assault rifles are significantly more powerful than vanilla they still don't oneshot an enemy through power armor the way an M-24 would (and the M-24 has, infact, significantly decreased lethality compared to vanilla). More powerful weapons like an M2 still leave plenty of prisoners simply because a shot to the leg means instant incap. How it compares to vanilla combat I can't tell you, because I haven't played vanilla since Alpha 7.

Alright, thank you! I had no idea how it calculated if a pawn should be incapped or not, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I'll give the mod a shot and see how I like it.

Halinder

Please collaborate with the author of Cybernetic Storm. If you can grant the fragmentation effect to the auto mortar I will forever love your soul.

ghostnineone

Just to double check, this doesn't work at all with mods like cybernetic storm and surgery mods? (I can't add new limbs to colonists). How should this be loaded to avoid the colorful screen of death?

Sir_W_Scott

Quick question... Have you thought about making some sort of "line of sight" option for the mod?
I love the mod... but it kind of makes combat on the... "not as fun/hard" side just because the enemy dies and never has a chance to get closer :x lol

Anyways keep up the good work!
"Recruitment failed 1% chance"
Prisoner recruitment. What it feels like:
http://sketchtoy.com/66370283

The human meals doesn't help.
« By A Friend »

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: ghostnineone on March 05, 2015, 09:08:15 PM
Just to double check, this doesn't work at all with mods like cybernetic storm and surgery mods? (I can't add new limbs to colonists). How should this be loaded to avoid the colorful screen of death?

Haven't tested it, but it should theoretically work if you load whatever surgery mod you have after this (though you will lose out on all the health/coverage changes made to body parts). Since this mod only changes some numbers around it should not cause any death screens.

Quote from: Sir_W_Scott on March 07, 2015, 02:01:28 AM
Quick question... Have you thought about making some sort of "line of sight" option for the mod?
I love the mod... but it kind of makes combat on the... "not as fun/hard" side just because the enemy dies and never has a chance to get closer :x lol

Anyways keep up the good work!

Not sure what you mean. Walls and rocks already break line of sight and prevent you from firing. In testing I found an enemy's ability to close in depends mostly on terrain. With lots of hills and trees to block fire they'll get in much closer, whereas flat desert maps they get decimated the moment they enter the map. I've been meaning to look into smarter AI so the horde will split and engage at more appropriate ranges but I haven't had the time unfortunately.

NoImageAvailable

Released update 1.1.1, containing various misc bug fixes. See changelog for more details.

RoflWaffleGod

NoImageAvailable

arammco

I can't see the range of the vanilla turret with this mod enabled

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Darkhymn

I will be trying this. I definitely see a lot of promise in this, so long as it doesn't unbalance my play too much. I'll be back with thoughts and things!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: arammco on March 09, 2015, 04:12:03 PM
I can't see the range of the vanilla turret with this mod enabled

Engine limitation, circles beyond a certain radius don't get drawn by the game. You can see it in vanilla on the bills tab, if you set the ingredient search radius beyond 60 or so it vanishes.

kaiserslash

Just wanting to say I love combat Realism, I also enjoy Cybernetic Storms, but they both modify body parts.  I'm working on trying to make them compatible in that Combat Realism will be added after Cybernetic Storms.  If I can get it to work properly, would you want the compatibility version?