[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: NihilRex on April 12, 2015, 11:11:10 PM
Im still testing, but so far, Im not seeing the new more accurate behavior.  Will continue to test.

Just went and tested to make sure I didn't screw up somewhere. Placed 10 mortars at the lower edge of a 400x400 map, made them fire at the center sandbag on the upper edge. The arms of the cross are 5 tiles each. Target distance is approx. 350 tiles, maximum deviation from target should be 5-6 tiles from target not accounting for aiming error.

I fired multiple salvos, they all performed as expected. The technical implementation is definitely there, maybe you're just not noticing it because of the ranges involved? If you're building your colony in the middle of the map and/or playing on less than maximum map size the effect is going to be much less pronounced due to scale. For the record I've been assuming a maximum range of 1000 tiles with maximum accuracy at 500.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NihilRex

Not a problem, I see it now that I recreate your test.  Thanks again!

Chaplain

I like this mod and yet it refuses to play with Superior Craft.  I am sad.

Carlsf

Do You consider making compability patch for Cybernetic Storm? There is few weapons and I realy love those two mods.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Carlsf on April 14, 2015, 06:54:44 AM
Do You consider making compability patch for Cybernetic Storm? There is few weapons and I realy love those two mods.

I'll have some free time this week I want to use to implement the next big feature for this mod. Depending on how fast that goes I might have a look at creating compatibility patches for some of the larger mods out there, no promises though.

NoImageAvailable

dustysniper

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 18, 2015, 02:54:51 AM
Quote from: dustysniper on April 17, 2015, 08:17:08 PM
does this work on alpha 10?

Not yet, I'll probably have an update tomorrow.

Thanks. I actually wont play rimworld without this and the EDB mods lol.

staffy50

NihilRex

With A10 out, I have a new request... can I get a magazine fed Dragon automortar?  Small caliber, 1 shell = ~5 projectiles, max range ~120 tiles, and minimum range ~ 10 tiles.  Im having issues in the newest version with defiladed enemies, which is pretty awesome from an AI standpoint, but annoying as a player.

If impossible, I will understand.

NoImageAvailable

Alpha 10 version is up. Haven't playtested it so may be unbalanced and/or buggy. Reduced range on certain weapons, let me know what you guys think. Defence Pack and Rimfire compatibility patch coming soon. I also reorganized some code and it seems the FPS drop from mortars is significantly bigger now. I'm not sure if this is due to the new code structure or A10 but its probably best to not build too many mortars. I'll have a look at it in the near future.

Quote from: dustysniper on April 18, 2015, 07:55:12 PM
Thanks. I actually wont play rimworld without this and the EDB mods lol.

Ha, I felt the same way about the original Realistic Weapons mod, which is why I made this one.

Quote from: NihilRex on April 20, 2015, 12:53:11 PM
With A10 out, I have a new request... can I get a magazine fed Dragon automortar?  Small caliber, 1 shell = ~5 projectiles, max range ~120 tiles, and minimum range ~ 10 tiles.  Im having issues in the newest version with defiladed enemies, which is pretty awesome from an AI standpoint, but annoying as a player.

Never heard of it TBH and Google only turns up this. Going by your description its fairly easy to implement from a technical POV and I'm not opposed to including something like it in the Defence Pack. Problem is I'm not a spriter and the best I could come up with in that regard would be a reskinned vanilla mortar.

ozuf

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 22, 2015, 02:25:08 PM
Alpha 10 version is up. ...
Fantastic work, sir! I wonder though, for those of us who are not quite ready for the A10 update, could you perhaps retain a download for A9 the core mod? I too feel this mod is essential :)

Thanks!

NihilRex

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 22, 2015, 02:25:08 PM
Quote from: NihilRex on April 20, 2015, 12:53:11 PM

Never heard of it TBH and Google only turns up this. Going by your description its fairly easy to implement from a technical POV and I'm not opposed to including something like it in the Defence Pack. Problem is I'm not a spriter and the best I could come up with in that regard would be a reskinned vanilla mortar.

I'd be  fine with a reskinned sprite.  I never worked with the Dragons, and only had scuttlebutt to go on, but it supposedly had cassette fed rounds and could acquire and fire a mission within 30seconds of recieving a digital call for fire.  Probably just rumor exaggerating \ conflating the Dragonfire.

Like I said, I was thinking shortrange, low damage, and a burstfire type system, just something to help clear out pesky pirates hiding in defilade.

Plymouth

NoImageAvailable,

Project Armory 3.00 is out.

Would you mind undergoing a huge piece of work and converting damage in this mod to realistic values? Everything else but damage is calculated by realistic metric values, so no need to change those. Me and Evul would be glad to include a link to your mod as a must-have addition to PA.  :D

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Plymouth on April 25, 2015, 03:07:34 PM
NoImageAvailable,

Project Armory 3.00 is out.

Would you mind undergoing a huge piece of work and converting damage in this mod to realistic values? Everything else but damage is calculated by realistic metric values, so no need to change those. Me and Evul would be glad to include a link to your mod as a must-have addition to PA.  :D

Already had a first look, I'll have it done tomorrow since its bed-time over here. Also found the first bug, the British Bulldog has infinite range because there is a "," where a "." should be.