[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsf

Fantastic work! Now I wait only for Deffence update. It shouldn't be hard to update.

ChiefSlapahoe

Any idea when the updates for project armory and defense will be released??
looking forward to em  :)

GamerGuy

I had a colonist with 13 shooting and a survival rifle. I got attacked by 4 enemys with personal shields and long swords, my colonist 1 shot his shied from the furthest range and then shot his leg off, he killed everyone without missing once and 2 shot everyone of them before they got hafe way. I just think this is way to op and have turned the mod off because it makes the game unfair.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: GamerGuy on May 09, 2015, 02:39:01 AM
I had a colonist with 13 shooting and a survival rifle. I got attacked by 4 enemys with personal shields and long swords, my colonist 1 shot his shied from the furthest range and then shot his leg off, he killed everyone without missing once and 2 shot everyone of them before they got hafe way. I just think this is way to op and have turned the mod off because it makes the game unfair.

Thanks for the feedback, I did have a look at the accuracy and will be bringing it in line with the recent changes to gun range. Do keep in mind however that what happened to you was 4 pirates with low quality equipment charging into melee against a crackshot sniper with a long range rifle and I don't think the outcome was unfair or unbalanced. Wouldn't be very fair to have that fancy assassin who just sits around all day get shived by a random pair of chumps, would it?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NoImageAvailable

Update:

Version 1.2.2 is out. Rifle type (except sniper) weapons now have higher accuracy penalties over distance. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Project Armory version released: Comes in two versions, light and regular. Regular has all the weapons except M2HB (for obvious reasons). Light removes weapons which I personally feel are unnecessary, bloat the game or otherwise detract from the experience, such as renaissance era weapons, obscure niche weapons like the AS Val and VSS which don't work within the Rimworld combat system or weapons that otherwise needlessly bloat the game (*cough* 20 different Bolter variants *cough*).

NoImageAvailable

Defence Pack Update:

Updated the Defence Pack to Alpha 10. The new turrets are no longer buildable, instead they need to be purchased from traders and installed like art pieces. Make sure to download the latest version of the main mod as well. Credit goes to BBream for the minified turret code.

NoImageAvailable

Triple-posting updates, either I'm really fast on the updates or thread-activity has taken a dive :-\

Buffed melee to make it more competitive. Also, by request the AGS-30 automatic grenade launcher has been added to the Defence Pack (not exactly an automatic mortar, but I think this works just as well for taking out defiladed enemies)

(Click image for animated preview)

akiceabear

No comments except this remains my fav mod! may comment when back from vacation and able to give the newer versions a try - but I like what I'm reading about turrets so far.

Mechanoid Hivemind

ISSUES WHERE MADE......
Lmao sorry had to but any way....
error report i think i broke your mod but here you are my good sir
http://puu.sh/hOi83/e40067e3c0.png
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on May 15, 2015, 12:06:04 PM
ISSUES WHERE MADE......
Lmao sorry had to but any way....
error report i think i broke your mod but here you are my good sir
http://puu.sh/hOi83/e40067e3c0.png

Seems like a load order issue. Download EdB Mod Order if you haven't already (link is in the OP) and make sure Combat Realism Defence is listed below Combat Realism Core.

Mckee

Is there any way to rotate the new gun turrets? Bought an M2, but only able to install it with the interact spot facing south. Tried rotating with the usual q and e keys, but no joy.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Mckee on May 15, 2015, 05:22:53 PM
Is there any way to rotate the new gun turrets? Bought an M2, but only able to install it with the interact spot facing south. Tried rotating with the usual q and e keys, but no joy.

That's odd, in my game I am able to rotate turrets using q and e. Are you running any other mods?

NihilRex

I have the same issue with TVs when EdB UI mod is installed.

Mckee

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 15, 2015, 05:53:09 PM

That's odd, in my game I am able to rotate turrets using q and e. Are you running any other mods?

I'm running the EDB UI, mod order and prepare carefully, as well as project armory, vein miner and the finer things in life mod.
I've not had any conflicts arising from them apart from this - I'm not sure if any of them change the placement of stuff like turrets or art, but not noticed it.

It seems to work fine firing through my pawn (Thankfully).

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Mckee on May 16, 2015, 04:57:06 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 15, 2015, 05:53:09 PM

I'm running the EDB UI, mod order and prepare carefully, as well as project armory, vein miner and the finer things in life mod.
I've not had any conflicts arising from them apart from this - I'm not sure if any of them change the placement of stuff like turrets or art, but not noticed it.

It seems to work fine firing through my pawn (Thankfully).

I can't seem to replicate the bug. I've also been running every one of these mods except for finer things and had no issues so far. Looking over the changelog for EdB UI it mentions a bugfix for the rotation menu of minified things for version 2.7.2, did you install the most recent version?