[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mckee

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 16, 2015, 05:23:55 AM
I can't seem to replicate the bug. I've also been running every one of these mods except for finer things and had no issues so far. Looking over the changelog for EdB UI it mentions a bugfix for the rotation menu of minified things for version 2.7.2, did you install the most recent version?

That EDB update cracked it, thanks. I can rotate the turret now, cheers.

AllenWL

I downloaded the project armory pack, light, and the razor wind(I think that's what it's called. The saw-blade thingy) doesn't work. My pawns equip it, they take aim, but then, they just sit around and don't shoot.

It's loaded after combat realism, and no other weapons(so far) are having problems.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on May 17, 2015, 01:39:30 AM
I downloaded the project armory pack, light, and the razor wind(I think that's what it's called. The saw-blade thingy) doesn't work. My pawns equip it, they take aim, but then, they just sit around and don't shoot.

It's loaded after combat realism, and no other weapons(so far) are having problems.

This is a problem with Project Armory itself, see https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1950.msg131628#msg131628
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mechanoid Hivemind

Does this work with the vanilla turrets mod?

http://puu.sh/hQosU/cbc56632cf.png i got this when i loaded the mods in that order
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on May 17, 2015, 06:22:27 AM
Does this work with the vanilla turrets mod?

http://puu.sh/hQosU/cbc56632cf.png i got this when i loaded the mods in that order

Did you install the latest version of the core mod?

jerome736

Is there any way to get the Defense pack split off so that it doesn't rely on anything from the primary mod? I'm looking primarily to utilize the barbed wire.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: jerome736 on May 18, 2015, 02:34:51 PM
Is there any way to get the Defense pack split off so that it doesn't rely on anything from the primary mod? I'm looking primarily to utilize the barbed wire.

The dependency comes mainly from the turrets, the structures themselves are completely standalone.

jerome736

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 18, 2015, 03:38:04 PM

The dependency comes mainly from the turrets, the structures themselves are completely standalone.

So I'm pretty much a neophyte when it comes to Rimworld mods, how do I split it off? When I try it with the mod loaded it throws a bunch of errors (that refer to turret type stuff).

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: jerome736 on May 18, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 18, 2015, 03:38:04 PM

So I'm pretty much a neophyte when it comes to Rimworld mods, how do I split it off? When I try it with the mod loaded it throws a bunch of errors (that refer to turret type stuff).

The only files relevant to the buildings are Defs/ThingDefs/Buildings_Defenses.xml and some textures, just delete everything else.

akiceabear

Is the M2 Browning working the current Defense addon? I'm not seeing it under the Security tab. On 10f, I've stripped down to only EdB mod order and these two (core then defense) to avoid conflicts, still not seeing it...

Mrshilka

The turrets are sold by the combat supplier, not built.

akiceabear

Ah, got it, that's different from a few versions ago :)

Suggestion - make the automated turrets only available by trade, but the M2 (or a weaker version of it) buildable from the outset. I don't like the temptation of being able to spam auto turrets from day 1 ;)

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on May 23, 2015, 02:09:39 AM
Ah, got it, that's different from a few versions ago :)

Suggestion - make the automated turrets only available by trade, but the M2 (or a weaker version of it) buildable from the outset. I don't like the temptation of being able to spam auto turrets from day 1 ;)

Interesting idea, but its a tricky balance problem. If I make the auto-turrets purchasable it opens up some potential problems regarding what you do when your colonists are all incapable of violence or have cataracts or something that prevents them from fighting. It also raises the question what to replace them with. The M2 is out of the question, even one is a major asset, a colony full of them would be just about invincible. I could make some improvised mounted gun but then the question is how powerful do I make it? If I make it on par with an assault rifle suddenly the survival rifle, pistols, etc. become obsolete but if I make it too weak its not worth using over regular guns.

akiceabear

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 23, 2015, 03:45:26 AM
Interesting idea, but its a tricky balance problem.

Fair points. Maybe nerf the initial auto-turret a but add more upgrades for it? There are some interesting ones here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11934.msg134491#msg134491

The reason I bring it up is because as it stands the auto-turrets are extremely lethal and cheap. Even with good pawns it makes too much sense to just build 1/2 on each side of the base and send pawns to bed when a raid comes - this works extremely well for the first year or so on CC Challenge.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on May 23, 2015, 07:10:26 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 23, 2015, 03:45:26 AM
Interesting idea, but its a tricky balance problem.

Fair points. Maybe nerf the initial auto-turret a but add more upgrades for it? There are some interesting ones here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11934.msg134491#msg134491

The reason I bring it up is because as it stands the auto-turrets are extremely lethal and cheap. Even with good pawns it makes too much sense to just build 1/2 on each side of the base and send pawns to bed when a raid comes - this works extremely well for the first year or so on CC Challenge.

That might be a good idea. I'm thinking move the turret production to the machining table (so you need to weight the need for defense vs productiveness) and make them portable so they're less of a sitting duck, increasing cost to compensate. For firepower something that can fend off the occasional pirate with a pistol/shiv early on and later upgrade it through research to something a bit below the current level around the time colonists could be expected to carry a decent number of assault rifles or better. Additionally I might add some kind of automatic sentry gun ala Aliens to the combat supplier as a late game upgrade/alternative to the improvised turrets.