[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

( Tchey )

The plans for advanced crafting, and alpha 11, are still plans, or not anymore ?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on June 14, 2015, 06:39:32 PM
The plans for advanced crafting, and alpha 11, are still plans, or not anymore ?

I've been getting kinda burned out on Rimworld so updating to A11 might take a while if it happens at all.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

akiceabear

I'm a big fan of this mod, but understand your POV. I'm also finding it wearing a bit thin - will probably duck out for a few alphas.

A unfortunate part of regular alpha updates is it requires such dedication from modders just to maintain existing mods. Not criticizing Tynan at all, just noting that for the most time intensive mods it probably makes more sense to wait until final release...

PoppiesMan

i have a big problem: i have the mod order, i put combat realism and C.R. defence. my order was: core, C.R, C.R.D and other mods, but when i start a game, i have the black screen, that means that i have a missing core. But when i had installed C.R. project army(light) the mods worked but the defence not. what should i do?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: PoppiesMan on June 18, 2015, 08:17:02 AM
i have a big problem: i have the mod order, i put combat realism and C.R. defence. my order was: core, C.R, C.R.D and other mods, but when i start a game, i have the black screen, that means that i have a missing core. But when i had installed C.R. project army(light) the mods worked but the defence not. what should i do?

Are you trying to run this on Alpha 11?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: NoImageAvailable link=topic=9759.msg142247#msg142247
Are you trying to run this on Alpha 11?

Needs in update :-[
I would enough at least, just  combatRealism.dll update :)

rsof69

DizzyCrash

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
Combat Realism
<SNIP>
Does this work for version A11? Cause I saw it included in some A11 mod combination packs.

Do not quote half a side of irrelevant stuff.
You are warned.

NoImageAvailable

1) Don't quote the OP, it completely breaks the flow of the thread if you have such a humongous quote
2) No, I haven't updated this to A11. Whatever modpacks include it must be using their own ported versions.

DizzyCrash

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 27, 2015, 04:38:42 AM
1) Don't quote the OP, it completely breaks the flow of the thread if you have such a humongous quote
2) No, I haven't updated this to A11. Whatever modpacks include it must be using their own ported versions.
Why not jut tell somebody else how to update it if you dont want to?

NoImageAvailable

I actually know already what needs updating: some stuff got renamed but nothing major, in fact I already did all of it. The only relevant change is in collision detection. Since A11 bullets no longer phase through solid objects so my Utilities.determineImpactPosition method is obsolete as vanilla uses a more optimized approach with Projectile.tick(). Problem is it only calculates collision with pawns and walls and I need it to account for cover objects too, so the function must be modified in a new class and the change proliferated throughout the XML files. The calculations for cover collision are based on a formula that simulates a ballistic trajectory (the further a bullet is past the halfway point, the lower its trajectory, thus the more likely it is to hit ground obstructions). Furthermore, it is hardcoded to only calculate collisions halfway to the target and fragment projectiles should always detect collision so functionality for varying minimum collision ranges must be added. I think there might have been some changes to the Verb code so that would need updating as well but I'm not sure right now.

Beyond that all you have to do is update all the XML files to the new format and you're looking at something like 2-3 hours of work. I planned out most of it and actually started on some of the easier stuff but then figured I'm kinda burned out on Rimworld and barely anyone posts in this thread so it's not worth the effort. I'm appending the source code that has all the functions properly renamed, if you or anyone else wants to have a shot at it but frankly, I doubt anyone will pick this up.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Beagle

Thanks for your work on the mod. On one hand Combat Realism has been my Rimworld way of life since discovering it but on the other I understand how frustrating it would be to have to update it for every new alpha that comes out.

Until now I've just been one of the people who've enjoyed your mod without posting any thanks. So thank you! The combat is important for me in Rimworld and this mod makes it much more interesting than vanilla, at least in my opinion. Regardless of whether you take a (permanent or otherwise) break from working on it, thanks for everything you've already done.

NemesisN

it does not work with Alpha 11

when I enable the main Combat Realism in Mod option the game brakes...can you update this ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

NemesisN

please update this...there are people wanting this to be updated....don't just abandon your work like that
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Headshotkill

Hey, this mod looks awesome!

It's a shame the only time I come across it it seems to be abandoned or at least suspended for the while, same with PA.
Anyway, if you do decide to pick it back up I'll make sure to give some solid feedback and some motivation! :D