[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeSikey

This was one of the first mods I ever installed & changed my rimworld experience since day 1.

Take all the time that you need updating it but know that you have a core group of fans who love your work OP

Valarsul

I updated the .xml files for whatever that's worth...

It's still unplayable because of the outdated .dll file (or as far as I know).

[attachment deleted due to age]

M0DFAN1000

Can this mod be used in the current version of RimWorld?

Valarsul

Unfortunately no  :( As stated by Image there are complications with the new bullet systems and one of his (or her?  :-\) their utilities. I just did the dumb labor of updating all the xml files, but I don't know C# worth a darn to even consider trying to work on it.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Valarsul on July 31, 2015, 04:04:47 PM
Unfortunately no  :( As stated by Image there are complications with the new bullet systems and one of his (or her?  :-\) their utilities. I just did the dumb labor of updating all the xml files, but I don't know C# worth a darn to even consider trying to work on it.
I wish tynan put this in to the main game, That would be super cool
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Khaosius789

akiceabear

Just seconding that I'd love to see an update - perhaps with A12, which will be stable for 6+ months?

NoImageAvailable

As a matter of fact, I did plan for an A12 update.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 20, 2015, 05:56:01 AM
As a matter of fact, I did plan for an A12 update.
Really?!?!?!? YAY!!!! I dont know if anyone else is as excited as i am!!!!????
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Nopkar

sampling the vanilla gameplay for A12 but excited about getting my REAL combat on. Ma Deuce's all day erey day

Alistaire

Suggestion from a convo in the RimWorldMod chat;

[00:12] cb-elite: I like to give some of the weapons in my mod 2 verbs.
[00:12] cb-elite: For example: one melee verb and one shoot verb
[00:13] cb-elite: Just was thinking that it would be nice to be able to quickly decide which to use when playing
[00:14] alistaire: don't think it works?
[00:14] cb-elite: Oh it does
[00:15] cb-elite: A weapon with a melee and a shoot verb will perform both functions at their respective ranges
[00:15] cb-elite: I just have to right-click "melee" if I want to use the weapon to melee right now :confused:
[00:16] z0mbie: something like a minigun or a pistol wouldn't do melee but a shotgun or rifle would

Because CombatRealism is the goto mod for incompatibility would you consider adding this with the A12 release?

EDIT: Further convo:

[00:19] cb-elite: <verbs>
     <li>
       <verbClass>Verb_Shoot</verbClass>
       <hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
       <projectileDef>Bullet_BruteShot</projectileDef>
        <forcedMissRadius>4</forcedMissRadius>
       <warmupTicks>200</warmupTicks>
       <range>30</range>
       <burstShotCount>3</burstShotCount>
       <ticksBetweenBurstShots>20</ticksBetweenBurstShots>
       <soundCast>BruteShotFire</soundCast>
        <soundCastTail>GunTail_Heavy</soundCastTail>
        <muzzleFlashScale>9</muzzleFlashScale>
     </li>
      <li>
       <verbClass>Verb_MeleeAttack</verbClass>
       <meleeDamageBaseAmount>25</meleeDamageBaseAmount>
       <meleeDamageDef>Cut</meleeDamageDef>
     </li>
   </verbs>
[00:20] alistaire: Jesus that works?
[00:20] z0mbie: ah yeah, just add two tags
[00:20] cb-elite: Weapon need balancing, but it works
[00:20] z0mbie: wow that's funny
[00:20] alistaire: That's so awesome
[00:20] cb-elite: It's literally that simple lol

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Alistaire on August 22, 2015, 06:19:06 PM
Because CombatRealism is the goto mod for incompatibility would you consider adding this with the A12 release?

Not sure what you're requesting here, some functionality beyond what vanilla offers?

Edit: Also, there is a mod chat?

CB elite

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 23, 2015, 06:18:47 AM
Quote from: Alistaire on August 22, 2015, 06:19:06 PM

Not sure what you're requesting here, some functionality beyond what vanilla offers?

Edit: Also, there is a mod chat?

There was a lot more to the conversation, but this is basically just letting you know that you can add a lot of functionality to vanilla guns (which are very realistic) if you so desire, by giving certain weapons two verbs:

- Spears can be used in melee combat forever, and then thrown as a last resort (possibly destroyed after one use)
- Ranged weapons can be used as blunt melee weapons when an enemy gets close enough (hitting someone with the butt of your gun, for example)
- Anything else you might think of that involves one melee verb and one shoot verb

Giving a weapon two different shooting verbs doesn't work very well for whatever reason, so just keep that in mind...

And yeah! Feel free to join us on Slack :)

Just go here to get started

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: CB elite on August 23, 2015, 06:42:08 AM
There was a lot more to the conversation, but this is basically just letting you know that you can add a lot of functionality to vanilla guns (which are very realistic) if you so desire, by giving certain weapons two verbs:

- Spears can be used in melee combat forever, and then thrown as a last resort (possibly destroyed after one use)
- Ranged weapons can be used as blunt melee weapons when an enemy gets close enough (hitting someone with the butt of your gun, for example)
- Anything else you might think of that involves one melee verb and one shoot verb

Giving a weapon two different shooting verbs doesn't work very well for whatever reason, so just keep that in mind...

Ah, well that could be interesting. Though now I really want to figure out a way to give multiple shooting verbs to guns, suppressive fire anyone?

NihilRex

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 23, 2015, 09:17:49 AM
Quote from: CB elite on August 23, 2015, 06:42:08 AM

Ah, well that could be interesting. Though now I really want to figure out a way to give multiple shooting verbs to guns, suppressive fire anyone?

Forget that, what about Time On Target for mortars\howitzers?