[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akiceabear

Awesome! Will be giving this a try very soon!

Once the kinks are worked out a RimFire patch would also be amazing :)

rsof69

CthulhuPakabol

Made an account just to express my appreciation for your work. Heartily looking forward to a Rimfire compatibility patch. Thanks so much!
Red Blooded Colonist

mocarice

akiceabear

Just put a few hours into it - for the most part a great experience. A few comments:
* It seems like pawns can't peek out and shoot around corners like they used to - is this deliberate?
* When hunting with a sniper rifle I've had a pawn go in for the kill (1 cell away) and shoot himself to death! That seems a bit silly to me.

Besides those two bugs enjoying it hugely!

kellyboi

Found a bug. Pawns don't seem to want to shoot at crashed ancient ship parts.
Pawns can still shoot around corners, but the angle seem much smaller now.

NoImageAvailable

Thanks for the bug reports guys, that stuff should all be fixed now. Defence pack and Rimfire patch are coming once I get some playtesting done and finish balancing the vanilla guns.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

old_sinh

Hey,
Mod system work with all weapons or only vanilla?

akiceabear

Thanks, great NIA! Again, one of my favorite mods that I really, really missed during A11.

A suggestion - shooting skill becomes incredibly important with this mod within a few seasons. It would be nice to have a shoot-range type of object to train on as part of the mod - Abrexus had a nice version previously as part of Superior Crafting which even allow auto-scheduling of practice for selected pawns. Balancing is critical, of course (perhaps it should take years to get a pawn from 1 to 20 just via the range), but I would like to see something like that eventually.

NoImageAvailable

I'll see if I can get a decent shooting range, IIRC there was another mod out there that disappeared at some point I think?

Quote from: old_sinh on September 03, 2015, 07:30:38 AM
Hey,
Mod system work with all weapons or only vanilla?

Only vanilla, mod added weapons need a patch.

AllenWL

That new aiming system is awesome.

Say, does this mean if we get a bunch of sandbags in a rows one after another, we can send small animals at the enemy with very little chance of them getting hit?

akiceabear

Good reminder NIA - I did a search and found this one by ItchyFlea, which is already updated for A12. I'll give it a try in my next game with CombatRealism!

ultimatron14

Awesome mod, think it could be patched to be EPOE compatible? If so, awesome. If not, that's fine, mod is still great anyway.

skullywag

NIA whats the steps for patching for us modders with weapons if we wanna support.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: ultimatron14 on September 03, 2015, 12:05:41 PM
Awesome mod, think it could be patched to be EPOE compatible? If so, awesome. If not, that's fine, mod is still great anyway.

As far as I remember EPOE is purely XML based, the only conflicts should be with regards to changed body part XML entries. All you'd have to do is merge the changes.

Quote from: skullywag on September 03, 2015, 12:10:09 PM
NIA whats the steps for patching for us modders with weapons if we wanna support.

All projectiles use Combat_Realism.BulletCR, ProjectileCR_Explosive, ProjectileCR_Frag as ThingClass (that last one needs its own ThingDef). Guns use Verb_ShootCR, Verb_ShootCRMortar, Verb_ShootCROneUse, Verb_ShootCRShotgun. They also need this Comp:

<comps>
      <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompPropertiesCustom">
        <compClass>Combat_Realism.CompAim</compClass>
        <shotVariation>0.0</shotVariation>
        <shooterVariation>0.0</shooterVariation>
        <recoilOffsetX>(0.0,0.0)</recoilOffsetX>
        <recoilOffsetY>(0.0,0.0)</recoilOffsetY>
      </li>
    </comps>

- shotVariation is how much a shot will randomly deviate in degrees (think Minute of Angle/miliradians of a gun).
- shooterVariation is this effect, with larger values giving wider patterns.
- recoilOffsetX and Y are the range in which recoil will randomly offset the gun horizontally and vertically. For example (0.0,1.0)(0.0,2.0) will cause recoil to go up and slightly to the right, (0.0,0.0)(-2.0,2.0) would only go up and down. The values are in degrees and will be multiplied by shot count within a burst.

AccuracyLong/Medium/Short now affect a gun's range estimation/leading/shotVariation respectively, with 0.5 being no bonuses or penalties, higher values giving bonuses and lower penalties. I'm currently using 0.85/0.85/0.5 for scoped weapons and 0.4/0.4/0.5 for ironsighted rifles, lower values for MGs and such. AccuracyShort should always be 0.5, its just there so quality and weapon health scale shotVariation, use the Comp to set the baseline.

AccuracyTouch currently does nothing, forcedMissRadius only does something with Verb_ShootCRMortar. Apart from that, nothing changed XML wise.