[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Facepunch on September 07, 2015, 10:21:11 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 07, 2015, 09:36:26 AM
Did you load an existing colony? If so, try starting a new one and see if it works.

Strangely, it doesn't do anything when I hit the "New Colony" button, forgot to mention that. Same way with making a new world. Console stays empty, too.

Can you post a screenshot of your mod order?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Facepunch

Ive tried it with all the mods active, and with just CR and CCL active, makes no difference.
http://puu.sh/k35gH/1f0b77a92d.jpg

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Facepunch on September 07, 2015, 11:11:30 AM
Ive tried it with all the mods active, and with just CR and CCL active, makes no difference.
http://puu.sh/k35gH/1f0b77a92d.jpg

What's with the two CCL installs? If one of those is the CCL Vanilla Tweaks try disabling it and see if it fixes things.

Facepunch

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 07, 2015, 11:37:54 AM
What's with the two CCL installs? If one of those is the CCL Vanilla Tweaks try disabling it and see if it fixes things.

Well, that got the mod to work alone, but Im still getting issues when I use my other mods, I used the same mods not too long ago, with no issue.
http://puu.sh/k39Qi/255dccdbd2.png

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Facepunch on September 07, 2015, 12:26:47 PM
Well, that got the mod to work alone, but Im still getting issues when I use my other mods, I used the same mods not too long ago, with no issue.
http://puu.sh/k39Qi/255dccdbd2.png

Easiest way to find the offending mod would be to turn them on one after another until you find it.

Fluffy (l2032)

So yeah, I've looked at it. And given up. The actual code is fairly simple, the call to TryFindCastPosition in Toils_Combat.GoToCastPosition just needs a slight modification when the pawn is hunting;

if (!CastPositionFinder.TryFindCastPosition(new CastPositionRequest
{
caster = toil.actor,
target = thing,
verb = curJob.verbToUse,
maxRangeFromTarget = (closeIfDowned && pawn != null && pawn.Downed) ? Mathf.Min(curJob.verbToUse.verbProps.range, (float)pawn.RaceProps.executionRange) : curJob.verbToUse.verbProps.range,
wantCoverFromTarget = false
}, out intVec))

The problem is getting there, which requires creating a new JobDriver_Hunt, which turns into a mess when decompiling the iterator block. I'm not proficient enough in C# to recover the source from this, so for now my hunters will have to use short range weapons :'(.

pigman999999999

one question do you need to make ammo and put it on your colonist if no then can you make a setting to turn that on and off (and a table and maybe researchs for dif ammo) just  a question and i will find out when on my next game.

RemingtonRyder

Nope, it's like XCOM at the moment, infinite reloads.

Mckee

Have had a bit of the issue with the grenade launcher from rimfire with CR enabled - when a pawn is equiped with it, they wont use it at all. I've tried getting them to manually target squares and pawns, I've tried the default combat auto-target, as well as enabling it for hunting - they wont use it in any circumstance. They also wont do anything else in combat, they default to 'standing' action, and wont interect with anything.

If it makes any difference, I bought the GL from a trader. Not seen one being carried by enemies, so not sure if theirs are working too.

pigman999999999

ok so i just tryed the mod out and now i cant make/load a world but i can fix it if i do turn off the mod prety sad about and i cant post the eror msg but it might have been my own doing i forgot to shut down rimworld when downloading it witch i dont think is what hapened i think it was becase i tryed to get into a pre-made game and black screen yea i alredy know i just wanted to get in and i screwed up.

Alistaire

Quote from: Mckee on September 07, 2015, 04:10:15 PM
Have had a bit of the issue with the grenade launcher from rimfire with CR enabled - when a pawn is equiped with it, they wont use it at all. I've tried getting them to manually target squares and pawns, I've tried the default combat auto-target, as well as enabling it for hunting - they wont use it in any circumstance. They also wont do anything else in combat, they default to 'standing' action, and wont interect with anything.

If it makes any difference, I bought the GL from a trader. Not seen one being carried by enemies, so not sure if theirs are working too.

This is because NIA made miscalculations in their velocity scaling. Distance is scaled to 1/5th of the real life distance, which wouldn't make velocities 1/5th their real life velocity as you might expect but sqrt(1/5)th or 1/sqrt(5)th of their real life velocity.

Because of this all, velocities don't match up with their max ranges because they're a factor 5 off (they assume 25 meters = 1 cell instead of 5 meters = 1 cell). I've discussed this problem with him but so far he doesn't seem to have changed it. This problem is found on every velocity in CombatRealism, but is only noticeable on low velocity weapons.

They won't use it because it's impossible for the grenades velocity to make the trajectory required to hit something at their max range or apparently even under max range.

It's a known bug and I hope NIA wants to fix it at some point.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Alistaire on September 07, 2015, 04:46:41 PM
This is because NIA made miscalculations in their velocity scaling. Distance is scaled to 1/5th of the real life distance, which wouldn't make velocities 1/5th their real life velocity as you might expect but sqrt(1/5)th or 1/sqrt(5)th of their real life velocity.

Because of this all, velocities don't match up with their max ranges because they're a factor 5 off (they assume 25 meters = 1 cell instead of 5 meters = 1 cell). I've discussed this problem with him but so far he doesn't seem to have changed it. This problem is found on every velocity in CombatRealism, but is only noticeable on low velocity weapons.

They won't use it because it's impossible for the grenades velocity to make the trajectory required to hit something at their max range or apparently even under max range.

It's a known bug and I hope NIA wants to fix it at some point.

Ahem, this is not a bug. The velocities are scaled properly. As it stands a bullet in the game will take the same time to reach maximum range as it would in real life. Scaling it by 1 / sqrt(5) would produce a vastly accelerated timescale and currently the combat is using a timescale of 1:1. The reason the projectile calculations are off is because a) some of the internal calculations in the public release are being fed values in the wrong units, this will be fixed in the upcoming version and b) the algorithm is very simplified and doesn't take into account projectile weight or aerodynamics.

Alistaire

Projectile weight and aerodynamics are part of the muzzle velocity, they don't change the trajectory. The velocities you're using are a sqrt(5) too small and they don't represent anything in this format. Changing the values being fed to the formula is nonsensical, you might as well put in the real life values in the def's max range and velocity tags and calculate their actual values in C#.

As you can see there's some discussion on this topic and I feel like NIA has no idea what he's talking about and he has probably the same feeling about me.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Alistaire on September 07, 2015, 06:28:23 PM
As you can see there's some discussion on this topic and I feel like NIA has no idea what he's talking about and he has probably the same feeling about me.

Yes, and I'd very much appreciate this internal discussion staying internal. If you want to discuss this further we'll use the usual channels, this thread is not the place for this.

Mckee

*Ahem*

Forget I mentioned it :P
You've both done great work for this game, so yeah, no worries :)