[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exarkun17

Does anyone else have the issue where you are unable to create a new world while this mod is activated? It seems like something is blocking the world map from loading. Even when I try to start a new game on a previously created map it can't access the world map to continue. I really want to use this mod but it just doesn't seem to work for me. Any ideas

whoishigh

Quote from: exarkun17 on September 07, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Does anyone else have the issue where you are unable to create a new world while this mod is activated? It seems like something is blocking the world map from loading. Even when I try to start a new game on a previously created map it can't access the world map to continue. I really want to use this mod but it just doesn't seem to work for me. Any ideas

Solution from a couple pages earlier:

Quote from: Mckee on September 05, 2015, 05:45:52 PM
I had that issue earlier - check you've got the community library pack installed too and that you use the mod order that got posted just above. I'd mucked mine up and it was stopping world gen.

exarkun17

hahaha guess I should read more before I post looks like I'm not the only one

akiceabear

Also, make sure to completely quit and restart the game application after changing mods loaded and order.

NihilRex

NIA - I hope you got my response to your questions.  I'd have responded sooner, but I was at DragonCon.

Beagle

Thanks so much for continuing your development of this mod, and introducing new and exciting features to boot in these A12 updates! Mods like EdB's quality of life improvers go a long way to making the game feel better to play but for actual gameplay improvement, Combat Realism has to be my #1 for making Rimworld really feel great. So I'm way appreciative that this mod has continued development. Thank you!

pigman999999999

nope still doset work witch one do i download 1 2 3 or 4

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: NihilRex on September 07, 2015, 07:50:50 PM
NIA - I hope you got my response to your questions.  I'd have responded sooner, but I was at DragonCon.

Yeah, your answers will be very helpful for future balancing, always good to hear these things from an expert. Also, just as a heads up the next update is coming the next few days. I went on a break the last two days (working on CR for 2 weeks straight does take its toll) to play the game and work on a little side project but now its back to CR and after some last adjustments to the aiming system work on a new armor system will start.

On that note, if anyone has ideas for what a realistic armor system should look like, feel free to post them. I'm currently in the planning phase and open to any suggestions.

Quote from: pigman999999999 on September 08, 2015, 07:17:11 AM
nope still doset work witch one do i download 1 2 3 or 4

For reference, this is what my own load order looks like:

If you have the vanilla tweaks from CCL try disabling them. If you still have problems please post a screenshot of your load order.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

pigman999999999

okay i fixed it i just needed to redownload them with rimworld not on thanks for the help (:

Beagle

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 08, 2015, 02:44:51 PM

On that note, if anyone has ideas for what a realistic armor system should look like, feel free to post them. I'm currently in the planning phase and open to any suggestions.

I'm not certain how the current armor system works apart from more armor = good, but perhaps something like:

Armor prevents a % of damage based on the type and quality, with heavier and better armor preventing a higher % of damage
Weapons have damage and penetration. Damage is a brute force beating against armor, has its value reduced by armor, but will eventually break through it with every bit of damage slowly degrading the wear and tear of the armor until it breaks. Penetration is how much armor that weapon will ignore; it doesn't degrade the armor quality any more than usual but simply allows the weapon to pierce the armor's protection more easily.

So a suit of power armor with let's say 90% damage reduction against projectiles would allow someone to take a lot of hits from low caliber weapons, but it's losing its durability the entire time it's getting pounded and after a few fights it'd need repair. However, something like an assault rifle, machinegun or sniper rifle would have more penetration and be able to pierce through some of that armor.

Additionally, if more complexity is needed, the lower the durability of the armor, the less damage reduction % it would grant. If this could be applied to Mechanoid hulls while they are alive, it would mean your SMG/Pistol colonists would do practically nothing to them at first but after a couple minutes of sustained gunfire would be reducing that armor a considerable amount.

Again I don't know how vanilla armor works but if it's not already like this, this seems like the style that has been tried and tested in a lot of different games, is fairly simple to understand and isn't needlessly complex while also remaining more or less realistic enough and making it easy to see the effects of better armor purchases.

LustrousWolf

Question?: Is it possible to make the AI a little smarter in combat? Because factions will visit say in a siege, and they will just blindly walk past while getting shot at, missiles will land a few blocks from them missing them by like one square. It is only until one of them is hit that they will fight back.

Facepunch

Sorry to be a pain, I'm probably missing something face-deskingly obvious, but, there's no turrets. I've completed all the research that has anything to do with turrets, and I took a peek at my security tab in dev mod (With god mode enabled), I've got the barbed wire, some IEDs, a deadfall trap, but no turrets.

Latta

Quote from: Facepunch on September 09, 2015, 09:11:43 PM
Sorry to be a pain, I'm probably missing something face-deskingly obvious, but, there's no turrets. I've completed all the research that has anything to do with turrets, and I took a peek at my security tab in dev mod (With god mode enabled), I've got the barbed wire, some IEDs, a deadfall trap, but no turrets.

Check your machining table.

Commander Beanbag

Would you mind uploading the fix to the ghost pawns bug? I've been holding off starting a CR game until this was fixed.

akiceabear

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on September 10, 2015, 01:25:55 AM
Would you mind uploading the fix to the ghost pawns bug? I've been holding off starting a CR game until this was fixed.

Ditto. Love this nod but found those bugs very problematic...