[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kairo

Just to warn all of you that CR 1.3.4b and CCL 0.12.2 are not compatible.

wait a bit with older CCL 0.12.1.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 12, 2015, 05:20:29 PM
The old system had a lot of issues and exploits which is why it was replaced completely. You're really best off just forgetting it existed when considering the CR system because they are so different they're beyond comparison. Even comparisons with RTS games fall flat, the CR system is closer to what you have in ArmA than anything.
So, does *fillPercent* still means something? How determine effectiveness of cover-providing structures now?
As i've just checked, 2 layers of embrasures didn't stopped a bullet, from very close standing shooter, tho.
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 12, 2015, 05:20:29 PM
That's actually something of a necessary oversight in the algorithm which detects viable shooting positions. It only takes into account cover directly in front of shooter and target
In other words, i shouldn't relate to CTH in popup info, as it takes in account old, vanilla mechanics?
That tiny experiment mentioned above shown 7% to hit, obviously being wrong with all those bullets hit. :)
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 12, 2015, 06:12:15 PM
So, does *fillPercent* still means something? How determine effectiveness of cover-providing structures now?
As i've just checked, 2 layers of embrasures didn't stopped a bullet, from very close standing shooter, tho.

fillPercent determines an object's collision height. Think fillPercent 0.5 = half the height of a human. Regarding the amount of gunfire that gets through, I did some testing and it seems the recent changes to bullet velocity created a bit of a balance problem. I'll look into fixing it.

QuoteIn other words, i shouldn't relate to CTH in popup info, as it takes in account old, vanilla mechanics?
That tiny experiment mentioned above shown 7% to hit, obviously being wrong with all those bullets hit. :)

There is a reason it is listed as a known issue in the OP, the tooltip is mostly worthless right now and due to technical limitations it is impossible to change it.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

rsof69

Well this just happened when I updated ccl

[attachment deleted due to age]

akiceabear

Elsewhere in this thread it mentions this is only compatible with a prior version (0.12.1) of CCL. I'm waiting to update CCL until CR can handle it - its my number one mod!

NIA - maybe it would be useful to mention which version of CCL this is tested against in the OP?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on September 14, 2015, 08:53:03 AM
Elsewhere in this thread it mentions this is only compatible with a prior version (0.12.1) of CCL. I'm waiting to update CCL until CR can handle it - its my number one mod!

NIA - maybe it would be useful to mention which version of CCL this is tested against in the OP?

From what I've been told a CCL update shouldn't break dependent mods unless something in the code used by the mod changed. Recompiling against the new version fixed it and I would have released an update already if my current internal build wasn't broken at the time. Expect an update later today though.

akiceabear

No rush! But thanks for updating this - hard to imagine playing on vanilla now!

Kairo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 14, 2015, 09:32:14 AM
Quote from: akiceabear on September 14, 2015, 08:53:03 AM

From what I've been told a CCL update shouldn't break dependent mods unless something in the code used by the mod changed. Recompiling against the new version fixed it and I would have released an update already if my current internal build wasn't broken at the time. Expect an update later today though.

Hi,

I tested it on Win 7 64 bits with Rimworld A12D (v.0.12.914) and with the following order :
1 - Core
2 - CCL 0.12.2
3 - CCL Vanilla Tweaks 0.12.2
4 - CR Core 1.3.4b

Many errors detected and can't create a new world/Colony.

With CCL 0.12.1, no errors.

Jan2607

It works fine with CCL 0.12.1.

Did you change the accuracy?
I played with CR mod in Alpha 10 and I remember, that I had a high accuracy there. Every shot hit the pawn or next to the pawn. But now the shots mostly hit the dirt meters behind the enemy pawns (I've never seen that a shot was too short, they always hit behind the pawn).

But still nice work :)

Kairo

Thanks for the update  :)

CR 1.3.5 and CCL 0.12.2 work fine.

NoImageAvailable

Update

Important Note: When updating from older versions you must do a clean install, meaning you have to navigate to your mods folder and delete the old version before extracting the new one.

This update brings compatibility with CCL 0.12.2, so download it if you haven't already. Besides various fixes it also brings a completely overhauled armor system (see below for a breakdown) and a general injury rebalance. In general, wounds will be more painful so pawns will get knocked out quicker as they take damage. As usual, consider these changes highly experimental and subject to (a lot of) change. Feedback regarding bugs and balance is highly appreciated as I have little time to playtest myself these days.

The new armor system introduces armor penetration to attacks as a counter stat to armor. Instead of the old arcane rules projectile deflection chance is now based on the difference between penetration and armor. Depending on just how big this difference is a shot might be completely ineffective so don't expect a pistol to do much against a Centipede. Layered Devilstrand or Hyperweave might be effective at stopping pistol shots, but against sniper rifles you will barely see any effect at all. However, stacked armor does have an effect as each layer passed reduces a bullet's penetrative capabilities and makes it more likely to be absorbed by subsequent layers.

If a shot is deflected it doesn't vanish into the aether but will most likely cause bruising depending on just how big the difference between penetration and armor was. If the shot penetrates damage is reduced also according to the difference between penetration and armor. The armor itself will take damage in accordance with how much damage was absorbed: for bullets and sharp weapons high penetration means less damage to the armor as less energy is transfered to it. Blunt weapons do bonus damage to armor but only if it actually deflects the damage, so a T-shirt won't take much damage from a mace, but it won't block much either.

Due to technical limitations it is not possible to display the armor penetration stat in a tooltip. If you guys want to know the numbers, leave a post and I'll see about putting up a table or something. For now the basic breakdown is melee weapons < pistols < old rifles (survival rifle, etc.) < modern rifles (assault rifle, etc.) < sniper rifles/machine guns < futuristic rifles (charge rifle, etc.) < Mechanoid weapons.

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 14, 2015, 03:16:05 PM
It works fine with CCL 0.12.1.

Did you change the accuracy?
I played with CR mod in Alpha 10 and I remember, that I had a high accuracy there. Every shot hit the pawn or next to the pawn. But now the shots mostly hit the dirt meters behind the enemy pawns (I've never seen that a shot was too short, they always hit behind the pawn).

But still nice work :)

That was an artifact of the old aiming system. Under vanilla, a shot would randomly roll to see if it hits or misses and in case of a miss it would land somewhere in a 0.6x0.6 square. That's why gunfire looked accurate to you, because missing by more than 0.6 cells was literally impossible if a gun didn't have a forcedMissRadius. The new system allows for much higher deviations depending on distance and accuracy of the shooter.

Jan2607

When I load my colony, I get a debug log (screenshot attached). Can someone explain to me, what this means and which mod this causes?

NoImageAvailable

Update
Latta updated the Korean translation and translated the Defence Pack as well, so if you are using it grab the new download. If not, feel free to ignore it as nothing else changed.

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 14, 2015, 05:08:04 PM
When I load my colony, I get a debug log (screenshot attached). Can someone explain to me, what this means and which mod this causes?

Easiest way to find out which mod causes the conflict is to turn them on one by one and see which one causes the problem.

Latta

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 14, 2015, 05:08:04 PM

That's a problem in your save file. Open it, find researchManager, and you will see duplicated researches in there. Like, start with GeothermalPower, and in the very center, GeothermalPower again. Delete bottom half, go to <value> section, delete bottom half. Save.

Remember that amount of two "bottom half"s must be same.

Jan2607

Quote from: Latta on September 15, 2015, 11:33:31 AM

That's a problem in your save file. Open it, find researchManager, and you will see duplicated researches in there. Like, start with GeothermalPower, and in the very center, GeothermalPower again. Delete bottom half, go to <value> section, delete bottom half. Save.

Remember that amount of two "bottom half"s must be same.

Thanks for your answer. How do I open the save file? It's a .rws file and when I want to open it, it says cannot open.