[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

Shrapnel should do no damage to anyone wearing power armor, its like if someone tosses a knife at you, if you're armored no damage from the metal. IRL Body armor is good nough for shrap. Unless you hit from an exposed part.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Lupin III

Any chanceto make this compatible with "miscellaneous w MAI"? I can't mount the weapons on the automatic turret bases.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Lupin III on September 29, 2015, 08:36:13 PM
Any chanceto make this compatible with "miscellaneous w MAI"? I can't mount the weapons on the automatic turret bases.

Never heard of any compatibility problems with that mod, what exactly isn't working?

Quote from: BetaSpectre on September 29, 2015, 05:51:24 PM
Shrapnel should do no damage to anyone wearing power armor, its like if someone tosses a knife at you, if you're armored no damage from the metal. IRL Body armor is good nough for shrap. Unless you hit from an exposed part.

Shell fragments are currently set to the same penetration as the survival rifle. Any armor with at least 55% sharp resistance should be impenetrable. It would still cause blunt trauma but it shouldn't cause any bleeding wounds except to exposed body parts.

Quote from: Didact04 on September 29, 2015, 05:36:36 PM
I am surprised I didn't think of the range thing before honestly. Kind of a derp moment. Can you check the information on an enemy's held weapon or is that not possible?

You can check on raiders but not Mechanoids because their guns are menu-hidden.

Quote from: Herc18 on September 29, 2015, 03:03:58 PM
Can you add this to old saves? Or does it require a new colony?

Last time I tested it required a new game, but that was several alphas ago.

Quote from: AllenWL on September 29, 2015, 12:22:28 AM
Well, I would also be equally happy with a leg armor of sorts. The only one I know of is the power armor, and that's pretty expensive.

Apparel is somewhat beyond the scope of this mod but if you really want leg armor you can try Apparello, it is compatible with A12 and CR and offers armor for feet and legs.

"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Lupin III

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 30, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
Never heard of any compatibility problems with that mod, what exactly isn't working?
Hmm, when I try to mount a weapon on a turret all options (like mount LMG/assault rifle/sniper rifle) are grayed out except for "EMP-Grenades". I have the weapons to be mounted, tried moving them to other stockpiles, to equipment racks or dropping them on the floor. Still EMP-Grenades are the only option I can select. I don't have any other mod that changes weapons or adds turrets besides combat realism (+defense) and miscellaneous w MAI.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Lupin III on October 01, 2015, 03:54:17 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 30, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
Hmm, when I try to mount a weapon on a turret all options (like mount LMG/assault rifle/sniper rifle) are grayed out except for "EMP-Grenades". I have the weapons to be mounted, tried moving them to other stockpiles, to equipment racks or dropping them on the floor. Still EMP-Grenades are the only option I can select. I don't have any other mod that changes weapons or adds turrets besides combat realism (+defense) and miscellaneous w MAI.

Do molotovs appear as mountable? I have a suspicion what might be causing this and I'll talk to Haplo to see if we can find the source of this.

Mr.Cross

I'm curious, What are the other plans for this mod? Besides bug fixing what ever people find? I suppose I should also thank you for birthing such a beautiful mod.... So Thank you.
Claims to know most things.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Mr.Cross on October 02, 2015, 09:02:08 AM
I'm curious, What are the other plans for this mod? Besides bug fixing what ever people find? I suppose I should also thank you for birthing such a beautiful mod.... So Thank you.

Right now the only real plans are for proper trenches, a manual hunker down command and a complete overhaul of raider AI to make it much more intelligent. That last one in particular is likely going to take a decent bit of time, though once done I'd go so far as to call this mod feature-complete. Other things that may or may not make it in are turret reloading, reloads consuming ammo and changing grenades into consumable items you carry in your inventory along with your primary weapon.

Mr.Cross

Oooo, sounds beautiful. I fear that the consumable ammo might not be for me so if it does make it to a final release could I ask for a optional sorta thing, or an least instructions on how to do it. (and I do know that i'm talking weeks maybe even months.) But man those more difficult AI would be amazing!
Claims to know most things.

Lupin III

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 01, 2015, 04:41:26 PM
Quote from: Lupin III on October 01, 2015, 03:54:17 PM

Do molotovs appear as mountable? I have a suspicion what might be causing this and I'll talk to Haplo to see if we can find the source of this.

Yes, they do appear. I have also installed the newest version of MAI (1.12.6) and it still happens. I now doubt it is related to your mod. It looks more like the popup menu is somehow broken. After selling/destroying all EMP-Grenades, it was the incendiary launcher that was the only mountable weapon (rest grayed out as before). I then got rid of all launchers. Now a shotgun was the only weapon. The only common thing: the only highlightable entry was always the second to last entry in the menu, the last being "..." for a next page, which was also not selectable. I will post more of the problem in Haplo's thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.msg177206#msg177206.

Hague

Would it be possible for pawns to be given a slot for thrown weapons and hand explosives? Seems odd that someone would simply carry grenades but no other weapons. Would be nice to have EMP grenades with my conventional standard loadout and the ability to ground target the attacks with a context menu.

notfood

Quote from: Hague on October 04, 2015, 05:22:09 PM
Would it be possible for pawns to be given a slot for thrown weapons and hand explosives? Seems odd that someone would simply carry grenades but no other weapons. Would be nice to have EMP grenades with my conventional standard loadout and the ability to ground target the attacks with a context menu.

Recommending Tools for Haul for that. Just equip a backpack and you can switch between guns/grenades. I usually equip a sniper, a pistol and a grenade.

Boston

Alright, so I just downloaded the latest version of Combat Realism, Combat realism defense, and CCL v0.12.3. ( from the downloads links on the first pages of each mod) Even just using CCL and Combat realism core, I am getting a bug where the mods automatically deload.

All of my mods are for Alpha 12. This is a list of the mods I am using:
Containers for Stuff
EDB Mod order and Prepare Carefully
Enviro SK
Extended Woodworking
Fences v1.0
Fish Industry
Hospitality 1.07
Medieval SHields
Micellaneous HiRes
Modular Tables v1.47
More Factions Spawn
Right tool for the job
Tools for Hauling
Vegetable Garden

What is going on?

TheRedOne

Did you create a new world? Also, remember that some mods need to be loaded in a specific order.

Boston

Quote from: TheRedOne on October 04, 2015, 10:28:42 PM
Did you create a new world? Also, remember that some mods need to be loaded in a specific order.

No, this is just "turning on" the mods on the Main page of Rimworld. And, I still get the"incompatible" message when I load Core, CCL, and Combat realism core.

Didact04

I find it kind of odd that someone can get shot in the heart, collapse due to extreme pain, and sit there and bleed to death not in minutes but over the course of 24 hours. Shouldn't a shot to the heart cause an extreme amount of bleeding? Like, in real life that'd be something along the lines of, 'You need that stitched in the next 20 seconds or you're going into shock' or 'You're running on adrenaline and are about to drop like a sack of bad hand-me-downs.'