[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hague

Quote from: Facepunch on October 11, 2015, 05:00:07 PM
I've a broadish suggestion: Tactical treatment of battle wounds
Basically, treatment of wounds sustained in battle gets more realistic. In reality, if your heart gets damaged, you have 10 seconds to a minute before you bleed to death. In game, though, it can take days. I saw somebody mention that earlier. I suggest you greatly increase the rate at which wounds to organs bleed. But add tactical first aid.
Example:
John and Joe are in a gunfight with some raiders, Joe gets shot in the heart and begins to lose blood very rapidly. John can apply tactical first aid (Short treatment time, only need a low medicine skill to do it), to slow the bleeding enough so that Joe won't bleed out before he has a chance to be rescued.
Maybe have dedicated CLS, who carrys around QuikClot and Saline, or an FAK or something.

You can do this right now if you dedicate a sleeping spot on the ground for the wounded person on the battlefield. The Tools for Haul mod will let someone with a backpack carry medicine to use on the battlefield. As for bleeding in combat, and in general, there ought to be a "Blood Clotting" attribute on pawns that affects how quickly they recover from bleeding on their own that can be enhanced by drugs and implants.

falcongrey

Getting broken link from PA download. Not sure if it is just me or not. The rest works fine.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: falcongrey on October 16, 2015, 02:18:41 PM
Getting broken link from PA download. Not sure if it is just me or not. The rest works fine.
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Combat Realism for Project Armory:

Currently unavailable as Project Armory has not updated to A12 yet

A compatibility patch for Project Armory. It comes in two versions, light and regular. Regular has every weapon from PA except the M2HB. Light removes weapons from the pre-WWI era, obscure niche weapons, bolters and variations on the same weapon. I personally recommend the light version for the best gameplay experience. Either one can be further customized using PA's own Kit Switcher tool.

Some people should try this mystical thing called reading. ;)

TLHeart

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 16, 2015, 04:37:30 PM

Have a drink, go for a walk, gentleman.... you are sounding off like ninefingers.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TLHeart on October 16, 2015, 07:44:47 PM

Have a drink, go for a walk, gentleman.... you are sounding off like ninefingers.
I walk 40m a day and have roughly 2 cappuccinos.

Besides, I'm not nine, I just felt like politely pointing out something to the poor guy/girl.

TLHeart

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 16, 2015, 08:06:04 PM

Besides, I'm not nine, I just felt like politely pointing out something to the poor guy/girl.

No but that was not polite. It was abrasive, truth.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TLHeart on October 16, 2015, 09:30:42 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 16, 2015, 08:06:04 PM

No but that was not polite. It was abrasive, truth.
Polite is relative.

A Friend

IMO it's a bit snarky. But let's not continue debating about politeness.

Anyways, I think there's an issue with reloading and hunting. My hunter uses a 5 round shotgun and sometimes finishes animals off with the last round. He then reloads and moves onto the next target. The dead animal just gets forbidden and ignored.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

RemingtonRyder

Let me just point out that the original message stating that an A12 patch is unavailable for Project Armory was in bold. Bold text is usually important and answers questions preemptively. It goes without saying that you should read the description for the thing you're downloading before you download it. ;)

TLHeart

yes there is an issue with hunters and reloading, as the reload overrides the haul the dead animal, and the dead animal is left to rot in the field.

aGuyNamdJesus

Ok, I don't post much here but I found a pretty game breaking bug. I searched the forums for each mod I have (only a small handful) and can't find anything so I will post it here and copy it to each of the others.

I use

Combat Realism CORE
Combat Realism Defence Pack
Community Core Library
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Numbers

All currently up to date and running just fine except for one thing...

Cooking tables are built but never show up. It's like they disappear. Kinda important. Just thought I'd let each mod author know so they may find it if it's something with theres.

pajok

HI!

Suppression mechanic is EPIC!
Thanks for your hard work!

Arcticpulse

I'm getting this error and a quick search hasn't yielded any results. Any idea as to what went wrong? http://postimg.org/image/r8t11nmov/full/

NuclearStudent

Quote from: aGuyNamdJesus on October 19, 2015, 01:10:58 PM
Ok, I don't post much here but I found a pretty game breaking bug. I searched the forums for each mod I have (only a small handful) and can't find anything so I will post it here and copy it to each of the others.

I use

Combat Realism CORE
Combat Realism Defence Pack
Community Core Library
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Numbers

All currently up to date and running just fine except for one thing...

Cooking tables are built but never show up. It's like they disappear. Kinda important. Just thought I'd let each mod author know so they may find it if it's something with theres.

Go into "options", and check "dev mode." You'll see an error log. Try to build a cooking table and take a screenshot of whatever error messages pop up.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Arcticpulse on October 20, 2015, 12:27:35 AM
I'm getting this error and a quick search hasn't yielded any results. Any idea as to what went wrong? http://postimg.org/image/r8t11nmov/full/

From the looks of it you're trying to load CR Defence without CR Core.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."