[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alistaire

The shield generator building things do already have problems with base game bullets skipping over them, and making either projectiles or shields check for the other every tick will introduce large amounts of lag. One way to fix that is to make things check whether they're inside of the shield once they're hit and make them act accordingly, alas this is not what such shield mods do.

skullywag

With detouring this is more possible than it was. Ill be looking at this in the near future.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

IkeaSwede

Tried installing this a bunch of times - but the "Combat realism core" seems to crash the game; And I do put it below the community core mod?

Edit; I downloaded the "source" for the Community core mod.. which was the wrong one - sorry, problem on my end xD

Kadrush

I like combat realism, but the supression mechanic allied with the fact that the AI dont shoot trough enclosed embrasures means that most attacks are just turkey shootings. They came, get supressed by LMG (or other rapid fire weapon) and dont shoot back. You just send a few people with LMGs to the wall, replace them when tired and keep shooting until they retreat.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Kadrush on March 08, 2016, 07:58:46 AM
I like combat realism, but the supression mechanic allied with the fact that the AI dont shoot trough enclosed embrasures means that most attacks are just turkey shootings. They came, get supressed by LMG (or other rapid fire weapon) and dont shoot back. You just send a few people with LMGs to the wall, replace them when tired and keep shooting until they retreat.
it is true, that at first they ignore shooting at embrasures, but when being fired from, they actually reconsider and fire back, also taking defensive positions.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

RimVarl

Got CRD pack; its causing issues with the traders. The trade windows just appears blank, with only the silver showing on top

Kadrush

Quote from: RimVarl on March 08, 2016, 12:14:03 PM
Got CRD pack; its causing issues with the traders. The trade windows just appears blank, with only the silver showing on top

Blank traders is usually an issue with the order of the mods. Try to use the EBD mod order, place core and CCL in first and second, all EBD mods at last and it should be ok.

On the other hand, supression mechanic is CR related or related with mods with CR patchs. I mean, Rimsenal has a CR beta patch, which means that their weapons have ammo (except energy ones) and can cause supression. Glitter tech doenst so I am not sure if their weapons would cause supression in a game with CR activated.Same goes for mods that add turrets.

NoImageAvailable

In keeping with making the mod more transparent I have decided to highlight the new features via live stream. I'll be joined by several other modders as I playtest the upcoming release.

We'll begin tomorrow at about 7pm GMT so head over to Twitch if you want a preview of the upcoming release and/or to watch me get my ass kicked by Centipedes as my colonists throw temper tantrums in the middle of a firefight.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Grimandevil

speaking of ammo system, maybe there should be a severe limitation for carried ammo (u dont expect your cook to walk around hung with machineguns belts), but also ammo sacks, that increace carried amount but give working\moving penalties.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

NoImageAvailable

Stream is over but I don't think it was much of a success in terms of showing off features. I'm curious as to what people who watched it think, was it any good in terms of showing off the new stuff? I'll probably try out a different format in the future with either an LP style format using edited videos on Youtube or I'll eventually whip up some AAR style screenshot guide since people did express interest for that in the past.

Alternatively if people don't really care about this sort of thing I'll just leave the promotion alone and focus on working on the mod first and foremost. Let me know your thoughts.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Grimandevil

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 10, 2016, 05:00:06 PM
Stream is over but I don't think it was much of a success in terms of showing off features. I'm curious as to what people who watched it think, was it any good in terms of showing off the new stuff?
i had to leave after 1st half of stream, so i cant be sure. but i think, since the point is to demonstrate combat features, u can start with already developed colony (basic buildings, more colonists, harsher raids), so u can focus on actual fighting.

(idk what is AAR) :-[

anonymous456

Okay I absolutely love this mod in the modpacks. But after trying to install it myself, the game says it is incompatible. Do I have the wrong version of the CCL or something? Because the log mentions that a Fallback Handler could not load a library.

Here is a screenshot of my load order http://imgur.com/FhP3rKZ ,

output log is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Headshotkill

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 11, 2016, 02:15:24 PM

(idk what is AAR) :-[

AAR: After Action Report

You test something out and later make a report of it with screenshots and text explaining what you did and stuff, I too prefer this over streams and I think it's a lot clearer and easier to do.