[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on April 01, 2016, 06:53:51 AM
When you say 'AI is smart enough not to shoot at targets they can't hit', does this include targets who are suppressed? Because I remember my pawns shooting a raider who was suppressed and hiding behind a wall where they couldn't actually hit him.

Three quick questions- Will bows use arrows as ammunition, will there be 'special' arrows(ex: flaming arrow), and will pila be a throwable item like grenades?

Also, aimed shot is very nice when hunting.

Shooting through walls is the vanilla bug I was talking about. If a pawn hunkers down behind sandbags/rock chunks the AI won't target them.

Regarding your questions: yes, probably, probably. Pila will be single use throwable but I haven't decided on an exact format for the grenades yet. They might end up getting their own special system that is different from how regular weapons work.

And you're in luck because the next release has hunting jobs ignore aim mode settings and always use aimed shot.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

eatKenny

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 01, 2016, 07:34:13 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on April 01, 2016, 06:53:51 AM
When you say 'AI is smart enough not to shoot at targets they can't hit', does this include targets who are suppressed? Because I remember my pawns shooting a raider who was suppressed and hiding behind a wall where they couldn't actually hit him.

Three quick questions- Will bows use arrows as ammunition, will there be 'special' arrows(ex: flaming arrow), and will pila be a throwable item like grenades?

Also, aimed shot is very nice when hunting.

Shooting through walls is the vanilla bug I was talking about. If a pawn hunkers down behind sandbags/rock chunks the AI won't target them.

Regarding your questions: yes, probably, probably. Pila will be single use throwable but I haven't decided on an exact format for the grenades yet. They might end up getting their own special system that is different from how regular weapons work.

And you're in luck because the next release has hunting jobs ignore aim mode settings and always use aimed shot.

i'm thinking about the grenade system to be "mutiple charges". for example you buy grenade you will get 3 grenades and you can throw 3 times. same thing for pila.

Calavera

Hi

I'm absolutely new around here. Just downloaded the mod a day ago. After a while I found out that something was wrong on my side.
There were no reload icons nor mode selection for the weapons and my guys didn`t gain any XP from shooting. After a quick bootcamp in rimworld modding and skimming the code I found out that the Weapons_Guns.xml def file erroneously references an unexisting "Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCRReload" instead of "Combat_Realism.VerbShootCR" several times. After correcting this my icons are just like the ones on the picture and I can switch to AIM mode to gain XP. (As the source tells me XP is rewarded for time spent aiming)

I hope you find this useful, it should be quite easy to fix on either side. I haven't read all the previous comments so if this was already pointed out, my bad.

Anyways. Very impressive mod. Single handedly pulled me back to Rimworld after I thought I burned out.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Calavera on April 03, 2016, 06:45:07 AM
Hi

I'm absolutely new around here. Just downloaded the mod a day ago. After a while I found out that something was wrong on my side.
There were no reload icons nor mode selection for the weapons and my guys didn`t gain any XP from shooting. After a quick bootcamp in rimworld modding and skimming the code I found out that the Weapons_Guns.xml def file erroneously references an unexisting "Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCRReload" instead of "Combat_Realism.VerbShootCR" several times. After correcting this my icons are just like the ones on the picture and I can switch to AIM mode to gain XP. (As the source tells me XP is rewarded for time spent aiming)

I hope you find this useful, it should be quite easy to fix on either side. I haven't read all the previous comments so if this was already pointed out, my bad.

Anyways. Very impressive mod. Single handedly pulled me back to Rimworld after I thought I burned out.

That's a very odd bug you've encountered. Which version of CR did you download exactly and from where? Also, which version of CCL are you using? Did any console errors appear? Verb_ShootCRReload is required for the reloading system to work, it should be on any guns that use reloading.

More importantly, did you restart the game after going into the mod menu? There is a known bug where if you open the mod menu and then go into the game without restarting it will break all kinds of things in weird ways, for CR it means no buttons show up. Try enabling the mod, then restarting the game and see if the issue persists.

RooSalad

Sorry if it's already been stated somewhere, I'm at work don't have a lot of time to skim this thread right now, was just curious if there was an ETA on an update for A13 as of yet? No rush, love your stuff, keep up the good work <3

Alistaire

CR has as dependency CCL so once CCL is out CR will follow~

falconbunker

Since we are going to have limited ammo, could you add a toggle while drafted that dictates whether or not they auto fire? Since I would like to wait until enemies are within optimal range of a weapon so as to waste the least amount of bullets trying to shoot them.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: falconbunker on April 09, 2016, 08:45:08 PM
Since we are going to have limited ammo, could you add a toggle while drafted that dictates whether or not they auto fire? Since I would like to wait until enemies are within optimal range of a weapon so as to waste the least amount of bullets trying to shoot them.

That's already included in the next release

tks_ftw

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 03, 2016, 07:08:54 AM
Quote from: Calavera on April 03, 2016, 06:45:07 AM
Hi

That's a very odd bug you've encountered. Which version of CR did you download exactly and from where? Also, which version of CCL are you using? Did any console errors appear? Verb_ShootCRReload is required for the reloading system to work, it should be on any guns that use reloading.

More importantly, did you restart the game after going into the mod menu? There is a known bug where if you open the mod menu and then go into the game without restarting it will break all kinds of things in weird ways, for CR it means no buttons show up. Try enabling the mod, then restarting the game and see if the issue persists.

Yeah, I actually have the same issue, no mode selection or manual reloading, though they reload on their own still. As well, the XP doesn't seem to go up for most tasks but I did notice sometimes it went up, so I'm not sure what they do that actually gains shooting XP. I downloaded the latest version of CR and CCL pretty much hours before A13 came out, so I've just been messing about in it while I was for the mods to catch up. But I was wondering how you set the modes and I guess it's just not working properly instead of me being blind or something.

I'll list the mods I'm using in order of my load order with their version number, as well as the console error i get on Rimworld's startup which I'd just been ignoring for the time being as everything seemed to work. And yeah, I did read about the mod page bug when setting this all up so I enabled everything and restarted before making a new world and colony. At the time, all were the latest versions I could find for each mod, but it's possible I just looked in the wrong place.

RimWorld914Win executable
Core
EdB Mod Order 1.6.1
CCL v0.12.7.2
CCL - Research Tree
CR Core v1.5.0
CR Defense Pack v1.3.1
EPOE (Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering) v1.52
CR EPOE compatiability patch, no version listed in About.xml but presumably latest at the time

EDIT: Okay, I feel real dumb now. I actually read the stack trace for the console error, and it says CCL requires that it's loaded right after Core in load order. I had figured the mod loader should be second but I guess not, and fixing that has also fixed the mode selectors and whatnot. Calavera, double check to make sure your mod load order isn't the issue you're having, just to be sure.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

igz33

Would it be possible for a colonist and raider to carry both, a range weapon and a melee weapon?

falconbunker

hwoo

So untill CCL is updated none of these work with the current alpha?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: igz33 on April 11, 2016, 01:22:42 PM
Would it be possible for a colonist and raider to carry both, a range weapon and a melee weapon?

Next release will feature a fully-fledged inventory system which let's you carry any combination of items you want with move-/workspeed penalties depending on the weight/bulk of items carried.

Quote from: hwoo on April 11, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

Good news, I just received a test build for CCL from the author and can begin work on making the mod A13 compatible. Not much changed on a glance but I was still in the process of putting some finishing touches on the new mechanics, so it could probably be ready in a week or so, depending on how fast my artists can finish the new artwork.

Bad news, Dark Souls 3 releases tomorrow and depending on how good it is it may delay release by a significant amount of time.

hwoo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 11, 2016, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: igz33 on April 11, 2016, 01:22:42 PM

Next release will feature a fully-fledged inventory system which let's you carry any combination of items you want with move-/workspeed penalties depending on the weight/bulk of items carried.

Quote from: hwoo on April 11, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

Good news, I just received a test build for CCL from the author and can begin work on making the mod A13 compatible. Not much changed on a glance but I was still in the process of putting some finishing touches on the new mechanics, so it could probably be ready in a week or so, depending on how fast my artists can finish the new artwork.

Bad news, Dark Souls 3 releases tomorrow and depending on how good it is it may delay release by a significant amount of time.

I hear its great so there's that to look forward too :)

heard great things about this mod and I cant wait to try it out for the first time.

Well done with it all to you and all involved.

harpyeagle