[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahjital

Does this mean CR disables the vanilla behaviour of auto-killing downed raiders then?

Archadeas

I love this mod, no more firing a pistol in every direction but forward using 20 shooting and a sniper rifle.  Also, any potential of getting rubber bullets for a less lethal pistol and rifle alternative?. Already love the shotgun work, makes short work of groups and buildings. Then all we would need is flash goggles, rubber grenades, and flash bangs and we can use swat tactics to maintain order and prisons.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 15, 2016, 04:56:10 PM
Quote from: hwoo on April 15, 2016, 02:50:04 PM
Question: does the beanbag only cause incaps or does it have the chance of killing?

Currently the plan is that it will do a small amount of blunt damage, enough to shoot out an eye with a direct hit and maybe break a rib or two, but not enough to kill and completely ineffective against armor. In addition it will cause a hediff to build up (same principle as toxic buildup) which will give penalties to movement and manipulation, if it goes high enough the pawn can't move and temporarily goes down for capture.

The beanbags themselves will have pretty poor accuracy so they're only useful at very close range but they should allow for a good way to break up social fights and subdue berserking pawns or unarmored raiders for capture.
This would be so useful for prison breaks, and very useful for getting rid of tribal warriors.
The ammo looks really cool too, not that I can understand what half of them do...

Just a question though, what would EMP shots do when it hits humans? It would be cool if at the very least, it took out personal shields in one shot.

PotatoeTater

Question: does the beanbag only cause incaps or does it have the chance of killing?

Currently the plan is that it will do a small amount of blunt damage, enough to shoot out an eye with a direct hit and maybe break a rib or two, but not enough to kill and completely ineffective against armor. In addition it will cause a hediff to build up (same principle as toxic buildup) which will give penalties to movement and manipulation, if it goes high enough the pawn can't move and temporarily goes down for capture.

The beanbags themselves will have pretty poor accuracy so they're only useful at very close range but they should allow for a good way to break up social fights and subdue berserking pawns or unarmored raiders for capture.

Just a little side note, I used to work in a prison and I've been shot with a beanbag round with my body armor on and it does infact hurt really bad, as well as, shatter the armor plates.
Life is Strange

Archadeas

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 15, 2016, 11:01:06 PM

Just a little side note, I used to work in a prison and I've been shot with a beanbag round with my body armor on and it does infact hurt really bad, as well as, shatter the armor plates.
While yes, L3 and L4 ceramic ballistic plates will often crack or shatter, the game armor is based on level 3 steel(And plasteel) ballistic plates, those would not shatter, but yes, knock the wind out of you, maybe crack a rib or 2 and hurt like the fiery pits.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

hwoo

I hope it doesn't take many bag shots to down someone. If I'm gonna risk destroying their eye id rather the bean bag has less of a chance to do that than having to get all my colonists to bash him up potentially killing him because it took to long.

Now that I think of it. Is it possible to make a tazer? Like a short short range 1 hit use(disappears after use) weapon that incaps prisoners and colonists but not raiders/tribals/visitors ect?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Rahjital on April 15, 2016, 07:21:23 PM
Does this mean CR disables the vanilla behaviour of auto-killing downed raiders then?

Not sure which behavior you're talking about, pawns shouldn't attack downed enemies to begin with.

Quote from: AllenWL on April 15, 2016, 08:30:09 PM
The ammo looks really cool too, not that I can understand what half of them do...

The ammo itself will include a short description of what it does as well as list all its stats and damage types in detail. Most of it is fairly straightforward, FMJ = standard middle of the road ammo, Hollow Point = more damage, less armor penetration for use against unarmored opponents, Armor Piercing = less damage, more penetration for enemies wearing body armor.

Weapons will also list the ammo type they use both in their description and prefixed in their names (e.g. (5.56mm NATO) Assault Rifle (normal)) so you can tell easily which ammo type a gun uses in trade windows, etc.

QuoteJust a question though, what would EMP shots do when it hits humans? It would be cool if at the very least, it took out personal shields in one shot.

Right now they just do the standard EMP damage as well as some blunt and electrical damage. I've been thinking about extending the effects of EMP against non-Mechanoids though and the bonus damage against personal shields is a pretty good idea. The other thing I had in mind was a stun-effect against anyone wearing power armor (along with introducing power-armor wearing elite enemies).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Korn.Mil

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 16, 2016, 05:07:34 AM
Right now they just do the standard EMP damage as well as some blunt and electrical damage. I've been thinking about extending the effects of EMP against non-Mechanoids though and the bonus damage against personal shields is a pretty good idea. The other thing I had in mind was a stun-effect against anyone wearing power armor (along with introducing power-armor wearing elite enemies).
Electrical damage?

EMP would be more useful if there where more electrical things that can be used in battle, but really, other than mechanoids and the high-tech stuff(charge rifle, power armor, personal shield), there just isn't much things in the game that would be effected by EMP, at least not in a fight.

Of course, the colony has a lot of things that might be effected by EMP...(anything that uses components really), but raiders? The only things I can think of other than power armor and personal shields are charge rifles and the doomsday/triple rocket launcher. And maybe bionics/implants. Huh, that might be cool. You shoot a EMP at a raider with a joywire and fry his brain.

hwoo

Quote from: AllenWL on April 16, 2016, 06:27:21 AM
Electrical damage?

EMP would be more useful if there where more electrical things that can be used in battle, but really, other than mechanoids and the high-tech stuff(charge rifle, power armor, personal shield), there just isn't much things in the game that would be effected by EMP, at least not in a fight.

Of course, the colony has a lot of things that might be effected by EMP...(anything that uses components really), but raiders? The only things I can think of other than power armor and personal shields are charge rifles and the doomsday/triple rocket launcher. And maybe bionics/implants. Huh, that might be cool. You shoot a EMP at a raider with a joywire and fry his brain.

Your last part was spot on, but instead of joy wire think pain stopper. That raider in power armour with a shotgun rushing you taking all the hits and not going down because of the implant. Fry the implant and his brain with EMP leaving him brain dead. Great idea man that would be awesome.

Nebbeh

Nooo, I don't want ammo :( Hope there will be an option to not include ammo like this.

On that note, I'm sorry to see you go, CR been a blast to play so far. Good Luck with that thing called Real Life :)

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Rahjital on April 15, 2016, 07:21:23 PM

Not sure which behavior you're talking about, pawns shouldn't attack downed enemies to begin with.

At least starting A13, I've noticed colonists going out of their way to kill hostile pawns that were incapped. The past few raids I've dealt with all had 1-2 incapped raiders I couldn't be bothered finishing off, but it was the same person who always went to go finish them off, who were also set to hunt as a high priority.

Tig2

"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on April 16, 2016, 06:27:21 AM
Electrical damage?

EMP in the base game does electrical damage. You can look up the stats of Devilstrand apparel and see it actually provides armor against electrical but since nothing else uses that damage type and humans are already unaffected by EMP its completely pointless.

Quote from: Tig2 on April 16, 2016, 08:27:59 AM
Will ther be option to craft ammo somehow?

All ammo will be craftable but locked behind certain requirements (research, production equipment). The plan right now is to use facilities linked to workbenches, e.g. you need to purchase an advanced nano-forge from an exotic goods trader before you can produce charge rifles and their ammo.

Advanced ammo types will require additional resources besides steel/plasteel, e.g. crafting explosives (frag grenades, HE mortar shells, etc.) needs raw explosives harvested from domesticated boomalopes, for incendiary ammo there will be a new plant you can grow which yields incendiary fluid but ignites at temperatures above 21°C.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."