[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyX

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 16, 2016, 05:07:34 AM
Quote from: Rahjital on April 15, 2016, 07:21:23 PM
Does this mean CR disables the vanilla behaviour of auto-killing downed raiders then?

Not sure which behavior you're talking about, pawns shouldn't attack downed enemies to begin with.

*snip*

i think what he means is that currently some enemy raiders just die to basically.. randomness.

you can hit 2 bodyparts with 1 hp damage and at least some enemy will still die from it instead of being incapped.
i made a thread about it before, and i guess this is what he means.

also, i second his question :D

Tig2

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 16, 2016, 08:46:08 AM

Quote from: Tig2 on April 16, 2016, 08:27:59 AM
Will ther be option to craft ammo somehow?

All ammo will be craftable but locked behind certain requirements (research, production equipment). The plan right now is to use facilities linked to workbenches, e.g. you need to purchase an advanced nano-forge from an exotic goods trader before you can produce charge rifles and their ammo.

Advanced ammo types will require additional resources besides steel/plasteel, e.g. crafting explosives (frag grenades, HE mortar shells, etc.) needs raw explosives harvested from domesticated boomalopes, for incendiary ammo there will be a new plant you can grow which yields incendiary fluid but ignites at temperatures above 21°C.

Nice! cant wait to try this ^^
On the other hand. Will there be alternative source of explosives other than boomalopes/boomrats? Like a research you can make to turn incendiary liquid into a explosive compound?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Rahjital

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 16, 2016, 05:07:34 AM
Quote from: Rahjital on April 15, 2016, 07:21:23 PM
Does this mean CR disables the vanilla behaviour of auto-killing downed raiders then?

Not sure which behavior you're talking about, pawns shouldn't attack downed enemies to begin with.

I meant how most raiders that should be incapped end up dead instead, even if they don't have any life threatening injuries. It's needed in vanilla because people take days to bleed out, but it shouldn't be needed anymore if combat is realistic.

AllenWL

Quote from: Tig2 on April 16, 2016, 09:17:30 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 16, 2016, 08:46:08 AM

Quote from: Tig2 on April 16, 2016, 08:27:59 AM
Will ther be option to craft ammo somehow?

All ammo will be craftable but locked behind certain requirements (research, production equipment). The plan right now is to use facilities linked to workbenches, e.g. you need to purchase an advanced nano-forge from an exotic goods trader before you can produce charge rifles and their ammo.

Advanced ammo types will require additional resources besides steel/plasteel, e.g. crafting explosives (frag grenades, HE mortar shells, etc.) needs raw explosives harvested from domesticated boomalopes, for incendiary ammo there will be a new plant you can grow which yields incendiary fluid but ignites at temperatures above 21°C.

Nice! cant wait to try this ^^
On the other hand. Will there be alternative source of explosives other than boomalopes/boomrats? Like a research you can make to turn incendiary liquid into a explosive compound?
Speaking of which, how will A13's new crafting system and different traders(I hear space-traders are a lot more rare now) effect the planned gun/ammo making system?

tks_ftw

Really looking forward to CR for A13, but I was wondering if you plan to have a compatibility patch with EPOE again.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Rahjital on April 16, 2016, 09:18:04 AM

I meant how most raiders that should be incapped end up dead instead, even if they don't have any life threatening injuries. It's needed in vanilla because people take days to bleed out, but it shouldn't be needed anymore if combat is realistic.

Ah, I thought you were talking about colonists going out of their way to shoot downed enemies dead, this makes more sense. I currently have no plans to disable the storyteller auto-death. Should it cause issues in combination with beanbags during playtesting I will have a look, although it would also likely require further increases to bleed rates, otherwise you could easily get 15-20 prisoners out of a single raid.

Quote from: AllenWL on April 16, 2016, 10:22:04 AM
Speaking of which, how will A13's new crafting system and different traders(I hear space-traders are a lot more rare now) effect the planned gun/ammo making system?

I don't see how trader changes would affect ammo crafting. The entire idea behind crafting things yourself is that you put in additional work in exchange for a reduction in material price and more importantly, a reliable supply. It will always be preferable to produce your ammo for reliability alone, unless you have a huge surplus of money/shortage of workforce.

Quote from: tks_ftw on April 16, 2016, 02:09:29 PM
Really looking forward to CR for A13, but I was wondering if you plan to have a compatibility patch with EPOE again.

Unless EPOE changed something the old patch should still work with the new version.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tig2

Quote from: tks_ftw on April 16, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

Or Rimsenal. That will be grate!
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 16, 2016, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: AllenWL on April 16, 2016, 10:22:04 AM

I don't see how trader changes would affect ammo crafting. The entire idea behind crafting things yourself is that you put in additional work in exchange for a reduction in material price and more importantly, a reliable supply. It will always be preferable to produce your ammo for reliability alone, unless you have a huge surplus of money/shortage of workforce.
I was just wondering because there was some talk about some high-tech stuff(Ex: charge rifle bullets I think?) needing things bought from traders to craft, and apparently, space-traders are rare now or something like that. I figured the normal ammo making won't be very effected, but wondered about the special ammo.

Though, on second thought, I guess getting those should be difficult anyhow.

Kyle23011

I know you are working very hard NoImage, but do you have a rough estimate on when your mod will be done for A13?

DestroyX

he said it might take a week or so, since dark souls 3 came out.

cant blame him :D

i'd really love the update tho, too, just came back to rimworld after like a year, so i really look forward to it!

NoImageAvailable

In terms of progress today was spent mostly implementing the various new UI elements. The inventory menu, ammo selection and loadout manager screen now all work as intended.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully finish up porting the armor system to A13 and adjusting it for the new ammo system. Then another day or two to implement the actual loadout AI and a bunch of misc functionality. After that I'll probably put out a pre-release version as I put in some additional functionality and balance things properly.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Archadeas

Any chance of an unload function and will raiders carry reserves of ammo or be exempt?
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

Tinkerer

Wow this looks awesome! I can't wait for this to be released! Will you have a donation link?

Ghizmo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 17, 2016, 02:31:52 PM
In terms of progress today was spent mostly implementing the various new UI elements. The inventory menu, ammo selection and loadout manager screen now all work as intended.
Tomorrow I'll hopefully finish up porting the armor system to A13 and adjusting it for the new ammo system. Then another day or two to implement the actual loadout AI and a bunch of misc functionality. After that I'll probably put out a pre-release version as I put in some additional functionality and balance things properly.

:-* C(Cos there is no emoticon for hugs)
Waiting ever so patiently :)

AllenWL

Will it need a new game, or will it be compatible with old saves?