[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tig2

Are you planing to add ammo to sentry/stationary guns? Belt feed or ammo crate next to it ? Similar to mortars ect.
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Archadeas on April 17, 2016, 04:36:07 PM
Any chance of an unload function and will raiders carry reserves of ammo or be exempt?

Hitting the reload button deposits all the ammo from the current magazine into the inventory. I've added the possibility to reload when out of ammo now so you should be able to unload the gun that way. Raiders are subject to ammo and inventory restrictions same as the player.

Quote from: Tinkerer on April 18, 2016, 01:06:12 AM
Will you have a donation link?

No

Quote from: AllenWL on April 18, 2016, 03:24:23 AM
Will it need a new game, or will it be compatible with old saves?

The last version was for A12, savegames are incompatible by default.

Quote from: Tig2 on April 18, 2016, 07:55:57 AM
Are you planing to add ammo to sentry/stationary guns? Belt feed or ammo crate next to it ? Similar to mortars ect.

It probably won't be in the initial A13 release but I do want to extend both ammo and aim modes to turrets. Manned turrets will try to draw from the operator's inventory first and if that fails the operator will go out to fetch more, just like mortars currently work. Ammo switching should work the same as with regular guns so once that functionality is in the three different mortars will all be replaced by one mortar with different shell types.

For automatic guns they'll either have an internal ammo storage or require a hopper attached to them. I'd prefer to implement the internal storage but depending on how much time I'll have by the end I might just go for hoppers.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

PotatoeTater

Looking forward to the release for A13, the new features look amazing.
Life is Strange

Archadeas

That pleases me greatly as I hate games that make you restricted on ammo, but the enemy has unlimited ammo and when you do kill them, they have nothing. Still any plans for rubberized ammo. Also, non unlimited grenades/single use storable grenades? My current "SWAT" team(team of 6) has 3 maces, 3 ballistic shield, 2 mp5s a SVU, all in ballistic plates, helms, Light power armor, etc(modded). But they could use some more non lethal methods to keep the riots down. Tasers, flash bangs, sting grenades, tear gas, etc would make the riots more manageable instead of having one start a fight(when everyone is happy) in the kitchen, you go and beat him with wooden clubs to not hurt him so bad, he lives, but you ripped off both his arms and now have to reload or put him down.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

jackarbiter

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 17, 2016, 02:31:52 PM
In terms of progress today was spent mostly implementing the various new UI elements. The inventory menu, ammo selection and loadout manager screen now all work as intended.

That screenshot makes me happy. This game is going to be so much better when you get done. I'm working on a mod for my personal use to slow down the start of the game, and using the mod "right tool for the job" to implement tools required to mine at any decent speed,etc., and it bugs me that if I give someone a pickaxe he can't carry a gun along with it. This is going to open up a bunch of possibilities for better play, beyond just combat.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

Looking forward to this mod.

The base game is virtually unplayable without it, especially this version.

Just got manhandled by a group of wild boars with 7 colonists with good weapons. 

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 18, 2016, 01:21:44 PM
Quote from: AllenWL on April 18, 2016, 03:24:23 AM
Will it need a new game, or will it be compatible with old saves?

The last version was for A12, savegames are incompatible by default.
You misunderstood my question. I have a A13 colony that I don't want to get rid of, so I was wondering if we could add CR(when it comes out) to a existing A13 colony and get it to work, or if it'll need a new one.

Mathenaut

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about ammo as actual items. I have enough to micromanage between combat and stockpiles as is. Will see how it goes though.

harpyeagle

I'm glad to hear that development has resumed, A13 just isn't complete for me with CR.

NoImageAvailable

Progress going steady, (re-)implemented the armor system yesterday with support for a few new things such as secondary damage types which can, among other things, bypass armor if the projectile penetrates, so if you fire a HE round at a Centipede the bullet will do its normal projectile damage with all the damage reductions, then hit whatever internal body part it impacted with additional explosion damage.

From here on out its just a matter of knocking out a number of minor yet vital points on the todo list before I can start putting in the XML work for the release. Among other things I've implemented some new loadbearing gear:

Tactical vests and backpacks will be important to have in firefights if you want to carry all the ammo, sidearms and other gear you need since the base inventory space of a pawn is quite limited. These loadbearing items go into the accessory slot (same as the personal shield) and can be worn on top of all regular apparel like parkas and power armor.

Quote from: Archadeas on April 18, 2016, 02:28:56 PM
Still any plans for rubberized ammo.

I don't plan on including any non-lethal weapons beyond beanbags and flashbang grenades since a) I don't really want to introduce another crafting resource in the form of rubber and b) I think I've milked enough ammo art out of Afriend and he deserves a break.

I do have plans for one last update after this one in which I'll overhaul melee combat and one of the things I want to look into is a handcuffing mechanic where you equip handcuffs as a melee weapon and depending on your melee skill you have a chance to handcuff and temporarily immobilize the target. This in conjunction with the aforementioned beanbags and flashbangs will be the extend of non-lethal weaponry I am willing to add.

Quote from: AllenWL on April 19, 2016, 03:57:59 AM
You misunderstood my question. I have a A13 colony that I don't want to get rid of, so I was wondering if we could add CR(when it comes out) to a existing A13 colony and get it to work, or if it'll need a new one.

In that case, probably not. This mod is just too big and makes too many changes to play nice with existing saves.

Quote from: Mathenaut on April 19, 2016, 05:34:14 AM
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about ammo as actual items. I have enough to micromanage between combat and stockpiles as is. Will see how it goes though.

I'm not particularly keen on micromanaging ammo on every colonist either, which is why the loadout manager will be designed to minimize the need for that as much as possible.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

DestroyX

wabash

Do you believe it would be possible to add magazines to this game? I do understand it would probably be a hassle and another step, just a curiosity.

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: DestroyX on April 19, 2016, 05:11:39 PM
damn, every post just fuels the hype :D

As am I, Once I played CR back in A12, I've found it painfully hard to play without it. I actually enjoy logistics and the handling/micromanagement that comes from it, so I am excited for the ammunition system. I'll probably spend the first few days of the release hammering the other weapon mods out there to be compatible though.

Agent00Soul

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on April 19, 2016, 09:22:38 PM
Quote from: DestroyX on April 19, 2016, 05:11:39 PM
damn, every post just fuels the hype :D

As am I, Once I played CR back in A12, I've found it painfully hard to play without it. I actually enjoy logistics and the handling/micromanagement that comes from it, so I am excited for the ammunition system. I'll probably spend the first few days of the release hammering the other weapon mods out there to be compatible though.

I agree.. Once you've played with it you can't go back..

DestroyX

well, i havent really played with it before, since i always had tons of (rather overpowered tbh) weapon mods before and didnt really wanted to play without it.

however, i figured that the game just isnt fun that way.

so.. i'm kinda glad that there is some ammo system now actually, not since i'm into micromanagement, but because ranged weapons are way too good compared with melee (at least if you're not 100% stocked on power armor and plasteel weapons :D) especially early on, i'm really curious to see how it works out.

and i reaaaaly hope the non lethal stuff works properly.
but i guess there will still be the problematic vanilla behaviour where the storyteller just kills incapped pawns off, because... well, reasons.
i'd rather have 10 prisoners per raid for organ harvesting than 1-2 :P