[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpediembr

Quote from: DestroyX on April 20, 2016, 01:58:13 AM
well, i havent really played with it before, since i always had tons of (rather overpowered tbh) weapon mods before and didnt really wanted to play without it.

however, i figured that the game just isnt fun that way.

so.. i'm kinda glad that there is some ammo system now actually, not since i'm into micromanagement, but because ranged weapons are way too good compared with melee (at least if you're not 100% stocked on power armor and plasteel weapons :D) especially early on, i'm really curious to see how it works out.

and i reaaaaly hope the non lethal stuff works properly.
but i guess there will still be the problematic vanilla behaviour where the storyteller just kills incapped pawns off, because... well, reasons.
i'd rather have 10 prisoners per raid for organ harvesting than 1-2 :P

I agree..  never used CR on A12, and just was made aware now. It is really hard to find a well balanced mod, the only one I could fnd on A12 was the hardcore one, but even that one, at the mid-end stages you get pretty invencible .

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 19, 2016, 03:10:59 PM
Progress going steady, (re-)implemented the armor system yesterday with support for a few new things such as secondary damage types which can, among other things, bypass armor if the projectile penetrates, so if you fire a HE round at a Centipede the bullet will do its normal projectile damage with all the damage reductions, then hit whatever internal body part it impacted with additional explosion damage.
Say, if a animal or pawn got hit by a HE round, what would be the chances of said pawn surviving?

winowmak3r

Really looking forward to this mod. Each update gets me more excited, can't wait!

Professor Cupcake

Will there be any option to customise which features are enabled client-side?
For example, I really like having the magazine counts and the need to reload, but I'm not so sure I'm okay with having limited ammo.

porcupine

Great, now I can't be inspired to start a new colony until this mod is out again.  I had forgotten all about it until checking the mods (ran the modvarietypack in A12, though parts were mega unbalanced), and going .... ohhh yeah... crap.

Goldenpotatoes

I haven't seen anything mentioned about how tribal weapons work so far, at least from what I've read. Are things like pilas and bows also having ammo restrictions? I might start looking into great-bow crafting for early ammo conversation if you don't have to rely on crafting excess arrows or otherwise.

jackarbiter

Hey noimage,

Is there a way to translate your weapon accuracy values, like a comparison with vanilla, since they're so different? Like a formula I should go looking for or a 1:1 comparison with real world bullet mechanics, say in a spreadsheet somewhere?

Working on a mod for myself and I'd like to make it compatible, but instead of straightforward 0.62 mid accuracy you have used realistic values like from real-world bullets, which is awesome, but I'd like to figure out how to apply that to my own stuff, like what the accuracy should be like for those values etc.

If you don't have time to deal with my question, no worries.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

AllenWL

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 20, 2016, 10:38:25 PM
I haven't seen anything mentioned about how tribal weapons work so far, at least from what I've read. Are things like pilas and bows also having ammo restrictions? I might start looking into great-bow crafting for early ammo conversation if you don't have to rely on crafting excess arrows or otherwise.
I asked something among those lines a while back, and I'm about 80% sure he said 'yes' to that question.

A Friend

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 20, 2016, 10:38:25 PM
I haven't seen anything mentioned about how tribal weapons work so far, at least from what I've read. Are things like pilas and bows also having ammo restrictions?

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

jackarbiter

Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Headshotkill

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 21, 2016, 04:44:21 AM
Quote from: A Friend on April 21, 2016, 04:25:49 AM

WHERES MY PILA BRAH

Those look great, good to know arrows will be in.

I think that singular "arrow" on the top is a pila, those can have feathers too!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: wabash on April 19, 2016, 07:48:32 PM
Do you believe it would be possible to add magazines to this game? I do understand it would probably be a hassle and another step, just a curiosity.

Its technically feasible, yes. You'd need to make magazines with their own ThingContainer and add the mechanics for filling them, then adjust the ammo system to feed from magazines instead of directly from inventory.

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on April 20, 2016, 06:47:17 AM
Will there be any option to customise which features are enabled client-side?
For example, I really like having the magazine counts and the need to reload, but I'm not so sure I'm okay with having limited ammo.

While it is possible from a technical standpoint, I'm not planning on adding any MCM options or the like.

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 20, 2016, 10:49:09 PM
Hey noimage,

Is there a way to translate your weapon accuracy values, like a comparison with vanilla, since they're so different? Like a formula I should go looking for or a 1:1 comparison with real world bullet mechanics, say in a spreadsheet somewhere?

Working on a mod for myself and I'd like to make it compatible, but instead of straightforward 0.62 mid accuracy you have used realistic values like from real-world bullets, which is awesome, but I'd like to figure out how to apply that to my own stuff, like what the accuracy should be like for those values etc.

If you don't have time to deal with my question, no worries.

I do keep all my weapon data in spreadsheets. Some of the values are calculated using formulas while some other stuff like recoil and bulk I use formulas to get a baseline, then fudge it a bit as necessary. I used to publish those tables in back in A8-9 but I don't think anyone actually used them for anything.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

AllenWL

I just had a thought seeing my incapable-of-violence doctor waiting behind the fighters ready to drag whoever gets incapacitated to the hospital.
Could there be a way to have your non-combat personal stand by with some meds, then have them treat anyone who gets too injured right there on the battlefield?
Edit: Like, just stop the bleeding really quick or something.

Madpizzaboy

when this mod are going to be compatible with alpha 13 ?? im stil waiting lol

Fafn1r

Quote from: AllenWL on April 21, 2016, 06:21:20 AM
I just had a thought seeing my incapable-of-violence doctor waiting behind the fighters ready to drag whoever gets incapacitated to the hospital.
Could there be a way to have your non-combat personal stand by with some meds, then have them treat anyone who gets too injured right there on the battlefield?
Edit: Like, just stop the bleeding really quick or something.

You can do it even in vanilla Rimworld, although CR makes it a bit easier with slower combat pace. Just put a makeshift bed and few medical supplies right behind your defenses.