Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madpizzaboy

jackarbiter

Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

25wes25

jackarbiter

Alright! Testing begins!

Here's some questions, since you're probably already writing the answers.

Old EPOE patch still good or no? I see it's just bodyparts.

Will you be waiting on combat realism defense until pre-release is ironed out?

Are you well? (hope so)

What is the question to life the universe and everything?

NoImageAvailable

I finally managed to finish a version good enough for a pre-release. Keep in mind that while I tested the basic functionality, I haven't done any playtesting or balancing yet so expect bugs and balancing issues. Several planned features are also missing still, such as ammo consumption for turrets. These will be added as I can, however the pace might be slow due to continuing illness.

The main feature of this update is the inventory and ammunition system. I realize this is a rather divisive topic and finding the right balance will be tricky, therefore it is all the more important that you guys give feedback, whether positive or negative, on the new features, so I can make sure the mod is the best it can be before putting the lid on it.

Now, onto the highlights:

Inventory:

Pawns can carry a large variety of items in their pockets. Simply select a pawn, right-click and select the "Pick up" option, same way you would equip a gun or force-wear apparel. To reload a gun you need to have ammo (obtained through trade, loot or crafting) in your inventory.

If you have multiple ammo types you can switch between them by right-clicking the reload button to bring up the list of available ammo types. The reload icon will change to reflect the currently selected ammo type. Note that you need to still reload the gun before the new ammo type is actually loaded. The magazine counter will list the currently loaded ammo type.

Loadout manager:

Now it would be quite tedious if you had to manually tell your pawns to restock their ammo after every firefight. For that reason each pawn can now be assigned a loadout from the same menu as outfits:

Here you can assign loadouts to pawns and open the loadout manager:

To create a new loadout select an item from the list on the right and input a count. Pawns will automatically go through the list from top to bottom and fill their inventories until they have the amount specified. If a pawn doesn't have enough inventory space to carry all of it they will prioritize by list order, e.g. if the list goes assault rifle -> 5.56mm ammo -> knife -> pistol -> pistol ammo the pawn will first pick up the assault rifle, the ammo for it, then the knife and if he doesn't have enough space for the pistol + ammo then he won't pick it up.

For the download and a more complete changelog, see the Github release page linked in the OP.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 04:16:25 PMOld EPOE patch still good or no? I see it's just bodyparts.

Should still be good unless EPOE changed ribs. Worst case you can simply load EPOE after CR, all it'll change is ribs will have 8 health instead of 13.

QuoteWill you be waiting on combat realism defense until pre-release is ironed out?

CR Defence is coming once turret ammo is in

jackarbiter

Thanks for the quick answers :)

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 25, 2016, 04:23:01 PM
For the download and a more complete changelog, see the Github release page linked in the OP.

I may be misreading, but just in case I'm not, the release page linked is 1.5.0. I went to 1.6.0 and only source is at the bottom (looks like everything is there though). I know how github works so I just downloaded the whole updated thing before you were done with this post anyway, but some people may still accidentally dl 1.5.0 or something. Just FYI. I feel like I'm harassing a sick person, so please don't mind me, I'm getting off work shortly and happy to start testing this.

NoImageAvailable

Ah, I figured the latest release link would automatically go to the pre-release but apparently not. Thanks for pointing it out, added the direct link to the OP now.

Edit: Just want to point out that I don't mind the issue reports, quite the contrary. Since people were waiting for the A13 release I've been cutting quite a few corners so there's probably some oversights that made it in (hence the pre-release part) and if people point them out I can fix them. Same thing goes for balancing issues, unless people give me feedback I'll never find out about certain issues so I appreciate criticism either way.

25wes25

Haha, I just downloaded the right one before right before reading your guys' posts. Let us be the Guinea pigs for the time being, you can fix bugs when you're better man.

Goldenpotatoes

Two things I've noticed so far:

The social tab is gone from colonists.

Arrows aren't in the crafting spot at the start, made my attempt at a bare-bones start kinda forfeit.

Madpizzaboy

25wes25

Social tab is gone for colonists yet there for animals(pets) which is strange.
If you're using Fluffy's relationship mod you can still see the relationships in there for now until we get a fix. The social functions are working okay, regular chatting and falling in love going on.

jackarbiter

One of my colonists had bulk filled most of the way with just 3 meals in her inventory (4 bulk each). By the time I figured out how to see her max bulk she had muscle parasites (she hadn't when I saw the bulk nearly filled originally). What determines bulk? She is 65 years old, and with the muscle parasites had max 20 bulk so I figure she just can't carry 3 meals and a rifle. Not a big deal.

Ran up on a raider who'd been shot in the arm and the leg and my girl ganked the raider (the girl named mac you see dead was the raider, obviously):

(I did not force kimmy naked, she joined as my 4th with a pistol and 60ish .45 acp and no clothes)

Kimmy's killshot on Mac was another shot in the same arm as you see. I haven't played with combat realism in a few releases so I don't know if it's normal for that to be lethal. I understand if you can't control the way damage works overall, I'd prefer this over vanilla anyday. Kimmy got another kill earlier, 2nd shot was a straight headshot on a doe so that was awesome.

One final thing, when the raiders were charging, two people with pistols had to wait til pretty close up to be in range, but i'm not sure that's a bad thing - probably a good thing, tired of seeing them try at max range with a pistol from rifle range and waste a whole clip.

Overall I love the ammo and inventory system, everything is working great, reloading works well (though a manual reload will go through reloading with just 3 in the clip and no other ammo to load into the gun and when done will just have 3 in the clip again).

Love the backpack I found on the raider.

500 bullets for 10 steel (or even 17 steel or whatever) seems a little off, seeing as a gun may require 100 steel or a grenade is 1steel per 1 grenade. I haven't looked up close at the size of 500 bullets in a while, but I'd think the steel requirements would be higher.

Would prefer to see like 10 bullets per steel, 10 at a time on repeat. 42 work amount for 500 (and simply making 500 at a time) is pretty fast, sortof trivalizes the whole notion of needing to make ammo. But I understand you weren't going for balance, most likely just wanted to make sure we had 500 ammo to sling at people for testing purposes. Just my 2 cents.

hhowie3

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do I get the different weapons in the pictures?

Like the Lee-Enfield, M1911, AK-47, etc.