[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackarbiter

Quote from: hhowie3 on April 25, 2016, 06:44:53 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do I get the different weapons in the pictures?

Like the Lee-Enfield, M1911, AK-47, etc.

I obviously can't answer the question of "why" but looking through the defs, only the guns you can craft at the machining table are available in this release for whatever reason, so you don't need to go researching everything to see if they'll unlock. Doubt you can get them at traders either, as 47 or enfield don't show up in the xmls.

I was running around looking for the autoturrets til I saw them commented out and went back and read they were removed for now.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

hhowie3

Ah, alright. Thanks, I was just making sure it wasn't just me making a mistake while downloading the mod. :D

25wes25

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 06:53:04 PM
I was running around looking for the autoturrets til I saw them commented out and went back and read they were removed for now.
Okay so turrets are in fact removed? I was afraid it was a mod conflict hah. I thought they just didn't use the ammo system yet.
Also anyone else getting 'an error occurred while loading the map' and unable to load after exiting the game? Also where's the error log it says to check? - I linked the main output log if anyone can make sense of that.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

NoImageAvailable

I'll have a talk with fluffy about the missing social tab since he's behind the UI additions. There were some last-minute changes that didn't make it into the release because github was being obtuse so it might very well have broken something.

Regarding the AK-47 from the screenshot, that one is from the Rimfire mod. I sent Alistaire the patch for the pre-release and you can download it from the Rimfire thread.

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 06:41:28 PM
One of my colonists had bulk filled most of the way with just 3 meals in her inventory (4 bulk each). By the time I figured out how to see her max bulk she had muscle parasites (she hadn't when I saw the bulk nearly filled originally). What determines bulk? She is 65 years old, and with the muscle parasites had max 20 bulk so I figure she just can't carry 3 meals and a rifle. Not a big deal.

When selecting a colonist you can click the i button to open their info tab, it'll give you a list of all their stats. Bulk capacity is the space they have in their pockets, etc., it starts at 20 and scales with body size (so teens have less). Beyond that, the only thing that affects it is apparel. The thing to look for in regards to scaling is max weight. If a colonist is frail and has a bad back he still has just as much inventory space but he won't be able to carry nearly as much in terms of weight anymore.

QuoteKimmy's killshot on Mac was another shot in the same arm as you see. I haven't played with combat realism in a few releases so I don't know if it's normal for that to be lethal. I understand if you can't control the way damage works overall, I'd prefer this over vanilla anyday. Kimmy got another kill earlier, 2nd shot was a straight headshot on a doe so that was awesome.

People usually go down in <6 shots with CR, although a lot of the casualties you'll see are the result of storyteller death, i.e. the pawn is incapacitated but RNG decides you shouldn't get another prisoner.

Quote500 bullets for 10 steel (or even 17 steel or whatever) seems a little off, seeing as a gun may require 100 steel or a grenade is 1steel per 1 grenade. I haven't looked up close at the size of 500 bullets in a while, but I'd think the steel requirements would be higher.

Would prefer to see like 10 bullets per steel, 10 at a time on repeat. 42 work amount for 500 (and simply making 500 at a time) is pretty fast, sortof trivalizes the whole notion of needing to make ammo. But I understand you weren't going for balance, most likely just wanted to make sure we had 500 ammo to sling at people for testing purposes. Just my 2 cents.

The recipes were calculated under the assumption that 1 steel = 1 kg with 50% waste on top. The reason it seems wacky compared to guns is because they are wacky in the base game. Compare a steel wall (costs 5 steel) to an armor vest (120 steel) and you'll realize you're wearing enough material to make a small building.

Right now I set the steel requirements for ammo pretty low because I wasn't sure how much ammo you actually go through in your average firefight. This should be easier to track now and playtesting will show how much ammo cost is reasonable.

The 42 work amount thing seems like a definitive bug, it should be along the lines of 2500 work per crafting session. I'll have to look into that one and probably get a hotfix with some other stuff that came up so far out by tomorrow.

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 25, 2016, 07:06:28 PM
Okay so turrets are in fact removed? I was afraid it was a mod conflict hah. I thought they just didn't use the ammo system yet.
Also anyone else getting 'an error occurred while loading the map' and unable to load after exiting the game? Also where's the error log it says to check? - I linked the main output log if anyone can make sense of that.

Turrets are temporarily disabled until I can get them to use the ammo system properly. And I looked at your output_log and it looks like the error is coming from Pawn Status Icons rather than CR.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

25wes25

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 25, 2016, 07:24:14 PM
Turrets are temporarily disabled until I can get them to use the ammo system properly. And I looked at your output_log and it looks like the error is coming from Pawn Status Icons rather than CR.
Ah, ok sweet thanks for the quick reply. I removed the mod from the save's .xml but it's still not working. Oh well, I'll just restart.

As for the turret/defense pack though, will we need to restart in order to use the content or will it work on existing saves?

jackarbiter

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 25, 2016, 07:24:14 PM
it starts at 20 and scales with body size
Makes sense, she's not a big colonist.

People usually go down in <6 shots with CR
I like that, just didn't know if 2 shots in the arm would normally kill someone in CR prior to this - I understand that the game still sortof estimates a hitpoint system or something, it's not dwarf fortress where it takes true anatomical destruction.

Quotealthough a lot of the casualties you'll see are the result of storyteller death, i.e. the pawn is incapacitated but RNG decides you shouldn't get another prisoner.
Stupid storytellers! I never knew that was a factor.

QuoteCompare a steel wall (costs 5 steel) to an armor vest (120 steel) and you'll realize you're wearing enough material to make a small building.
I should have thought of this, now I feel dumb. Steel walls are kinda crazy. I'm 90% of the way through with a mod that focuses on more realism (nothing to do with combat), I may take a look at making this not crazy.

QuoteThe 42 work amount thing seems like a definitive bug, it should be along the lines of 2500 work per crafting session. I'll have to look into that one and probably get a hotfix with some other stuff that came up so far out by tomorrow.
At least I got one thing right :) They all say 42 work, and I tested again and it looks like it takes about that much for a colonist (it doesn't show it tick down but it's a short amount of time).

Keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying playing this. Can't test much more today but I'll let you know if I see anything else.

dareddevil7

Goldenpotatoes

As of currently, EPOE causes the loadout system to be nonfunctional and removes the context buttons for guns (reloading, snapshot/aimmed, ect).

The patch doesn't do anything either so just a heads up to people.

Tinkerer

I apologize if this is answered anywhere else, but is the mod currently available for download? I see the A13 pre-release version of the Ammunition mod, but what about the rest?

Thank you!

25wes25

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 25, 2016, 10:02:13 PM
As of currently, EPOE causes the loadout system to be nonfunctional and removes the context buttons for guns (reloading, snapshot/aimmed, ect).

The patch doesn't do anything either so just a heads up to people.
Uh, I'm running both just fine, even with the patch. Not sure about the loadouts but the context buttons are working fine.

Quote from: Tinkerer on April 25, 2016, 10:08:05 PM
I apologize if this is answered anywhere else, but is the mod currently available for download? I see the A13 pre-release version of the Ammunition mod, but what about the rest?
That is the full mod atm, the only thing 'missing' are the turrets since functionality with them hasn't been finished just yet.

SteelRev

Social Tab also gone, but to the point of the post.

I scavenged two pistols off some raiders. Made a pistol loadout for two of my pawns, simple. Pistol + 100 of each type of 45 ammo.

one pawn has the dummy gear issue. I can't figure out how to get either pawn to refill on ammo, both are out. I debug spawned in 500 rounds of 45 hp into a stockpile. any suggestions?

edit: It's not EPOE messing up the buttons. I don't have that mod but my buttons are gone as well.

jackarbiter

Quote from: SteelRev on April 25, 2016, 10:18:50 PMI can't figure out how to get either pawn to refill on ammo, both are out.
I've not messed with loadouts, but the default way is to click on the pawn and then rightclick on ammo and pick it up (there's an option for 1 and an option for the whole stack). Then rightclick on the current ammo icon in the colonist's tab and change to whatever (if it's different) or just hit reload.

Is this not working because of the loadout or the dummy equipment?

Tinkerer

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 25, 2016, 10:14:03 PM
That is the full mod atm, the only thing 'missing' are the turrets since functionality with them hasn't been finished just yet.

Thank you, sir.

SteelRev

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 10:28:26 PM
Quote from: SteelRev on April 25, 2016, 10:18:50 PMI can't figure out how to get either pawn to refill on ammo, both are out.
I've not messed with loadouts, but the default way is to click on the pawn and then rightclick on ammo and pick it up (there's an option for 1 and an option for the whole stack). Then rightclick on the current ammo icon in the colonist's tab and change to whatever (if it's different) or just hit reload.

Is this not working because of the loadout or the dummy equipment?

With or without a loadout selected. right clicking on the ammo gives no options, regardless if the pawn is drafted or not.
Also machining bench doesn't have any bills for making ammo.

Gabe1234s

I'm running the prerelease now and something is wrong.  Combat realism is the only mod I have enabled, aside from CCL.  Colonists did not spawn with ammo in their inventories, the reload, aimed shot, single shot ect buttons are not visible.  I debug spawned some ammo and I could not get colonists to put it in their inventories manually or by setting it as part of their loadout.  Also the social tab is missing.