[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelRev

Quote from: Gabe1234s on April 25, 2016, 10:55:36 PM
I'm running the prerelease now and something is wrong.  Combat realism is the only mod I have enabled, aside from CCL.  Colonists did not spawn with ammo in their inventories, the reload, aimed shot, single shot ect buttons are not visible.  I debug spawned some ammo and I could not get colonists to put it in their inventories manually or by setting it as part of their loadout.  Also the social tab is missing.

Glad to know it's not another mod causing the issues. Check your machieing bench to see if it has ammo crafting bills. mine doesn't

AllenWL

Found what appears to be a minor bug.
A colonist of mine picked up some berries to train the dog.... and the berries disappeared.
He just picked up the berries, but they're not in his inventory, and when I try to force training the dog, it says 'no usable food'

Edit: Also, not sure if this is intended, but when my pawns landed, they didn't come with a single extra bullet. Currently, I just have 10 survival rifle bullets and 7 pistol bullets that where in the gun, and that's it.

Edit2:
I think I found out what's causing the berries picked up by the colonist to disappear(and scratch what I said before. This is *not* minor. Lost practically every singe bit of food we had within the day......)
See, the colonist is carrying a meal, a vanilla feature. This has a bulk of 4. Coupled with the survival rifle's bulk, the colonist's carry capacity is maxed out, and he can't carry anything else. However, the game doesn't realize this, and has the colonist pick up the food to train the dog.
Because he has no space left, he can't actually pick it up, so when he tries to, the item(in this case, food) disappears.
Since he still doesn't have anything on him to train the animal, the game keeps on making him pick things up.... causing him to more or less 'erase' every bit of trainable food in the entire colony.

Which makes me wonder how traders with fare with the 'bulk' limit.... pretty sure they carry more things than a average colonist...

Mzxs

I'm having the same issue SteelRev is and i really want to use this mod looks like so much fun.

porcupine

Quote from: Mzxs on April 25, 2016, 11:49:51 PM
I'm having the same issue SteelRev is and i really want to use this mod looks like so much fun.

That's the point of using the mod.  It only released a few hours ago.  If nobody uses it, and finds these bugs, they won't get fixed :).

The modder is pretty damn snappy and active, so play away, just expect to throw away your first few games basically.

25wes25

While the functionality of the mod works, my saves after a certain point just break. All the mods I'm using were completely stable before but I'll post another output log in case anyone can let me know what the issue is. I can't bug test if my saves don't last long enough to get into the good stuff hah.  :P

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

AllenWL

It looks like the recipe for making arrows do not exsist. Looked at the mod's xml files to be sure, and can't find them.

Kinda sucks, because I rushed the research for smithing like, way faster than I would normally for ammo(Like I said, I've literally only started out with 17 bullets), but looks like I need to rush the mechanic bench next.

Edit: say, does anybody here know how to make a quick xml file that adds a recipe for making arrows?

25wes25

Quote from: AllenWL on April 26, 2016, 12:49:54 AM
It looks like the recipe for making arrows do not exsist. Looked at the mod's xml files to be sure, and can't find them.
Someone else stated they're not working but they're supposed to be craft able at the crafting spot, aka without any tech.

jackarbiter

Arrow and great arrow recipes attached. I'm getting the not being able to equip ammo bug off and on and couldn't equip them and some other ammo, but I confirmed that this'll make them at a crafting spot. Not compatible with other mods that change crafting spot as I just added the recipes directly to it. These use the ammo def recipe base from CR so for all I know it'll add the recipes to the machining table as well.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

The_Haminator

With nothing but Core > Edb Mod order > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core. In A13 I'm getting no reload and weapon magazine windows and thus cannot use a gun anymore after it runs out of ammo. I played like 2 hours setting up before going to hunt a rabbit and realizing this issue. Is this because the CR A13 patch is still being worked on or is this something else possibly? I see people posting thinking EPOE has to do with it but that can't be as seen above

I just love what your mod does this is my first time using it so I'm super excited

edit - I'm definitely gonna wait till this mod is working before I start trying A13, easily the coolest combat mod I've seen I even seemed to be able to get it to work with High Caliber now just to have ammo and reloads :)

The King of Nipples

No matter what I do combat realism core says that it is incompatible with rimworld A13 I have ccl and put it in the correct load order and reinstalled it but still it says it is incompatible I even tried it with only ccl combat realism core and the core and without can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

AllenWL

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 01:31:19 AM
Arrow and great arrow recipes attached. I'm getting the not being able to equip ammo bug off and on and couldn't equip them and some other ammo, but I confirmed that this'll make them at a crafting spot. Not compatible with other mods that change crafting spot as I just added the recipes directly to it. These use the ammo def recipe base from CR so for all I know it'll add the recipes to the machining table as well.
Oh nice, thanks, that'll help.
Trying to hunt with pila isn't fun. They're waay too bulky.

Edit: Er... I put the file you game me in the mod folder because it looked like it goes there, and how I can make the arrows... but the inventory system for some reason is totally gone, and remove the arrow crafting didn't help...

25wes25

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 26, 2016, 01:34:21 AM
With nothing but Core > Edb Mod order > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core.
You need to have CCL directly after core for CCL to work properly. Try this:
Core > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core > Edb Mod order.
That's how I have it at least.

jackarbiter

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 26, 2016, 01:34:21 AMI see people posting thinking EPOE has to do with it but that can't be as seen above

Mine worked for a while, just one playthrough no reloads. Then I saw people saying theirs wasn't. Started up game again, made a new save, no menu stuff. Loaded the old save, no menu stuff. Quit entirely and loaded the old save, it worked. Loaded it over and over, kept working. Made a new map, saved, exited, wouldn't load:

http://prnt.sc/awxh76

I'm sure the menu updates that'll be made tomorrow will address this stuff.

Quote from: The King of Nipples on April 26, 2016, 01:40:50 AM
No matter what I do combat realism core says that it is incompatible with rimworld A13 I have ccl and put it in the correct load order and reinstalled it but still it says it is incompatible I even tried it with only ccl combat realism core and the core and without can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

You get the very latest version of ccl, and make sure core is 1 ccl is 2 and cr is 3 inside of the game itself? Is your folder inside of the mods folder titled CombatRealism-1.6.0 and not 1.5.0? (the old link was updated late after the first 1.6.0 update announcement post, make sure you're not getting the one from the crossed-out link). Sorry, none of this is much better advice than "turn it off, then turn it on again," I'm just tossing out ideas.

jackarbiter

Quote from: AllenWL on April 26, 2016, 01:44:43 AM
Edit: Er... I put the file you game me in the mod folder because it looked like it goes there, and how I can make the arrows... but the inventory system for some reason is totally gone, and remove the arrow crafting didn't help...

Quitting and loading the game (without changing the file structure or adding mods) did the same thing to me. Sometimes I could get in and it would work for just one save I had, sometimes even that save wouldn't work. My advice is once you get it to work, never close your game ever again.

25wes25