[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 01:58:15 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on April 26, 2016, 01:44:43 AM
Edit: Er... I put the file you game me in the mod folder because it looked like it goes there, and how I can make the arrows... but the inventory system for some reason is totally gone, and remove the arrow crafting didn't help...

Quitting and loading the game (without changing the file structure or adding mods) did the same thing to me. Sometimes I could get in and it would work for just one save I had, sometimes even that save wouldn't work. My advice is once you get it to work, never close your game ever again.

I think I'll just grab some wood, draft a pawn in front of it for a few (in-game) hours, then get rid of the wood and spawn in some arrows using the dev tools or something.

The_Haminator

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 26, 2016, 01:51:53 AM
Quote from: The_Haminator on April 26, 2016, 01:34:21 AM
With nothing but Core > Edb Mod order > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core.
You need to have CCL directly after core for CCL to work properly. Try this:
Core > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core > Edb Mod order.
That's how I have it at least.

Thank you!, trying now

Edit - nope same thing with that order. worth a shot though!

NoImageAvailable

To the people not seeing the reload button etc., did you make sure to exit and restart the game after opening the mod menu? Rimworld has a long-standing issue where opening the mod menu at all will break mods in unpredictable ways until the game is restarted and for CR it has been known to make gizmo buttons disappear.

Regarding the people with savegame corruption (or running into other errors in general) please make sure to specify your load order and upload your output_log.txt so I can backtrace the issue. See here for the standard bug reporting procedure.

From the output logs I did get it looks like its an issue with how pawn loadouts are saved. I'll have a talk with fluffy about it as soon as I can get a hold of him to see where the issue might be.

Regarding the arrow crafting, that one is not a bug actually, just an oversight on my part. Whenever I update this mod to a new alpha I end up leaving tribal weapons until the last minute since I personally don't really care about them but now with the ammo system and A13's progression revamp it actually makes sense to use them early on. I'll have a recipe added in the hotfix going up some time later today.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

The_Haminator

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 26, 2016, 02:41:46 AM
To the people not seeing the reload button etc., did you make sure to exit and restart the game after opening the mod menu? Rimworld has a long-standing issue where opening the mod menu at all will break mods in unpredictable ways until the game is restarted and for CR it has been known to make gizmo buttons disappear.

Regarding the people with savegame corruption (or running into other errors in general) please make sure to specify your load order and upload your output_log.txt so I can backtrace the issue. See here for the standard bug reporting procedure.

From the output logs I did get it looks like its an issue with how pawn loadouts are saved. I'll have a talk with fluffy about it as soon as I can get a hold of him to see where the issue might be.

Regarding the arrow crafting, that one is not a bug actually, just an oversight on my part. Whenever I update this mod to a new alpha I end up leaving tribal weapons until the last minute since I personally don't really care about them but now with the ammo system and A13's progression revamp it actually makes sense to use them early on. I'll have a recipe added in the hotfix going up some time later today.

I tried as you suggested, same thing. Oh well tommorow's another day! All I can say is Rimworld and the wonderful mods everyone comes up with just keeps getting better and better! Now all we need an awesome overhaul including a bunch of the best stuff for A13. This combat realism to me should be vanilla its so perfect

DestroyX

finally, its out!

is the defense addon still in work tho? since there is no download in the thread

AllenWL

I was fooling around with dev mode, found some thing that probably shouldn't act like how they where acting.
Some issues I found are:

Tamed boomalopes freeze, then cause lots of lag. Tamed with the dev console thing, if that makes any difference.
Mortars fire a singe round, then don't fire again. Just placed a mortar with god mode, spawned in a shell with dev controls, spawned a pawn(who is not incapable of shooting), got anther pawn(who is also not incapable of shooting), gave one pawn a bionocular and had them 'spot' a random wall in the distance, and had the other pawn fire the mortar. Fired one shot, then stat their doing nothing. The mortar did not have 'X seconds till able to fire again' thing when clicked. Same thing happened with all three mortar(EMP, incendiary, normal) types.
The 30x64mm foam fuel cell does cannot be loaded into the incendiary launcher despite it using 30x64mm fuel cells as ammo. The other two types load in fine.
The incendiary launcher does not start fires. Neither did the incendiary  mortar. Did not test inferno cannon. Motolov starts fires just fine.

Output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o7owdursobdlaa/output_log.txt?dl=0

Mod order:
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>CombatRealism-1.6.0</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>Xerigium</li>

Edit:
Also, some gameplay things.

Birdshot pallets are more effective than EMP slugs against personal shields with a quality of around normal lower, as they have enough pallets to completely destroy the shield and damage the wearer, as opposed to just getting rid of the shield, like the EMP, and misses less. With a quality higher than normal, EMP is better, as from then on, it takes two shots from the birdshot to take out the shield.

When changing ammo or otherwise commanding a pawn when it's reloading, it's hard to tell if the pawn is standing still because it's reloading, or if it's reload command got canceled, and it's kinda iffy to wait and see in the middle of a fight. Having a little progress bar for reloading would be great.

A minigun is an absolute ammo hog and really bulky and heavy. A pawn with a backpack and tactical vest can only carry enough ammo for about 3 burst(300 bullets per burst, 600 bullets in the gun, another 300-something bullets carried in the inventory). Also, I might be mistaken, but it looks like a minigun only has the 'auto' and 'single shot' modes, which is weird because you'd expect it to just be 'auto' or 'auto' and 'burst', not 'auto' and 'single shot'. I mean, who would fire bullets one at a time from a minigun?

It looks like damage is now decided by bullet, not gun, so different guns that use the same bullet deals the same amount of damage. (ex: pistol and PDW(I think?) both use a bullet called .45 Para or something, and deal exactly the same amount of damage)

EMP grenades changed from nearly useless to really, really powerful.
It takes down a unarmored pawn in about 1, 2 hits, and has quite a large radius. Also deals surprising amount of damage. I've seen it blow a pawn's head clean off.

Finally, not sure if this is a bug, but stacked pila don't get more bulky, and don't seem to be more heavy, than a single pila(a single pila has the same bulk as a stack of 75 pila).
Gave a pawn a stack of 75 pila, and he got a total bulk of 6. Bulk rose to 12 once he got a pila in his hands.

Edit: Oh, also, there seems to be ammo for weapons that don't exist in vanilla(Ex: RPG ammo). What are these for?

Ghizmo

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 26, 2016, 01:51:53 AM
Quote from: The_Haminator on April 26, 2016, 01:34:21 AM
With nothing but Core > Edb Mod order > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core.
You need to have CCL directly after core for CCL to work properly. Try this:
Core > Community Core Library v0.13.1 > Combat Realism Core > Edb Mod order.
That's how I have it at least.

Thanks, I totaly didnt read this in the OP. I should read more careful

SteelRev

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 26, 2016, 02:41:46 AM

Right, loaded the game up this morning after seeing this post. Confirmed, Buttons are back and Ammo bills present at machining bench.

did get an error log spam tho, I clicked on one of my pawn's reload buttons without having any ammo in a stockpile for them to go get. log spam started and when i closed it, magically the pawn had fully loaded gun.

edit: attached log sreenshot

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

jackarbiter

I got the same problem at one point, the one game that would load consistently had the machining table ticking problem, spamming that same error message infinitely in a log, but since I didn't know if that was this mod or community core's low power draw I didn't want to add it to the list of stuff just yet.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

NoImageAvailable

Released first batch of bug fixes. A good number of issues should be fixed now. Second batch should be up later today or early tomorrow, including a fix for the savegame corruption some people have experienced.

Quote from: AllenWL on April 26, 2016, 04:24:17 AM
Also, some gameplay things.

I'm assuming you spawned the minigun in because its not normally attainable in CR. And yeah, the fact it chews through ridiculous amounts of ammo is one of the reasons you don't see real world militaries fielding them that much. Regarding the damage by bullet thing, that was already the case since the very first release of CR. Its just been "formalized" now. The idea behind EMP grenades is that they have higher cost and lower explosion radius than frag grenades but their electrical damage can't be blocked by any armor other than Devilstrand, so they're still effective against enemies in heavy armor.

Regarding the RPG ammo, that exists for mod compatibility reasons. All ammo types used by vanilla guns or supported gun mods (currently only Rimfire) are contained in the main CR download and enabled for trading as needed. So if mod A and mod B both add .50cal rifles I don't need to create duplicate ammo defs for every patch.

Quote from: SteelRev on April 26, 2016, 08:48:48 AM
did get an error log spam tho, I clicked on one of my pawn's reload buttons without having any ammo in a stockpile for them to go get. log spam started and when i closed it, magically the pawn had fully loaded gun.

edit: attached log sreenshot

When attaching logs, please upload the actual output_log.txt, rather than screenshots. I can't tell much without looking at the full log + stack trace.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

LustrousWolf

Will this work correctly with Rimsenal or will there need to be a patch? :o

nuschler22

Is this compatible with RimFire yet?

Thanks for the mod.  I always use it.

jackarbiter

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 11:06:10 AM
Is this compatible with RimFire yet?

Thanks for the mod.  I always use it.

From latest update notes:
Rimfire patch: added new fragmentation grenade for RPG-7. You don't need to redownload the Rimfire patch, simply updating CR to 1.6.1 is enough

The patch is not official so not in the RimFire OP, it is available in this post:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg212677#msg212677
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

st james jack john

The new file 1.6.1 is not compatible or corrupt.

log showed a bunch of files and textures missing. I'm on alpha 13.

25wes25

Crashing on loading a save mod order (Output linked below):
         <li>Core</li>
         <li>Community Core Library</li>
         <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
         <li>CombatRealism-1.6.0</li>
         <li>Rimfire 2.0</li>
         <li>Rimfire 2.0 for CombatRealism-1.6.0</li>
         <li>CombatRealism EPOE</li>
         <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
         <li>Apparello</li>
         <li>EdBModOrder</li>