[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madpizzaboy

does ammo suppose to fall with the colonist in the beginning or not ,because i cant find one

Cowan108

It seems that something with the loadouts is causing the corrupted save issue. Spent my entire day playing.. and now it's gone. lol Oh well, gotta get the bugs somehow. Anyway, I attached my output_log.txt for you to take a look at.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Cowan108

Quote from: Madpizzaboy on April 26, 2016, 01:48:44 PM
does ammo suppose to fall with the colonist in the beginning or not ,because i cant find one

They way I've been getting around it is just using Prepare Carefully and giving myself a small amount of ammo at the start.

carpediembr

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 01:24:39 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on April 26, 2016, 01:09:00 PM
Question: Is ALL turrets disabled on this alpha release? (Cant seem to find the regular vanilla turret)
The vanilla turret is disabled at the moment.
Feedback: (I think I read before, but...)  Requirements for ammo/weapons crafting is pretty low. Dont know what is the roadmap, but I'd suggest adding new ores, such as potassium and sulfur so we could craft gunpowder in order to make ammo.
Quote from NoImage:

QuoteThe recipes were calculated under the assumption that 1 steel = 1 kg with 50% waste on top. The reason it seems wacky compared to guns is because they are wacky in the base game. Compare a steel wall (costs 5 steel) to an armor vest (120 steel) and you'll realize you're wearing enough material to make a small building.

Right now I set the steel requirements for ammo pretty low because I wasn't sure how much ammo you actually go through in your average firefight. This should be easier to track now and playtesting will show how much ammo cost is reasonable.

I've wondered if we couldn't have sulfur in the game. My personal opinion is that it starts to get too complicated when you start adding more ores and such. I wouldn't mind having to use some of the exploding flower stuff to make ammo, but the temperature range thing would make it hard to make any ammo in some climates without also having the solar flare shield mod. As a compromise I suppose you could spin "compacted components" as having tiny bits of crushed batteries or summat, and put them in recipe lists for ammo, but that's sortof hacky I guess.

Sorry to keep showing up in this thread, just figured since I'm keeping up with stuff I can maybe help reduce the tech support load during these initial stages.

I apreciate the reply!!! I knew I read about the ammo cost, but I went back 3 pages and just couldnt find it!

jackarbiter

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 02:17:32 PM
How do you craft ammo?

Machinist bench, same as crafting guns. Except arrows, those you craft wherever you craft bows.

Quote from: Cowan108 on April 26, 2016, 01:50:57 PM
It seems that something with the loadouts is causing the corrupted save issue. Spent my entire day playing.. and now it's gone. lol Oh well, gotta get the bugs somehow. Anyway, I attached my output_log.txt for you to take a look at.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Quote from noimage from a few pages back:

QuoteReleased first batch of bug fixes. A good number of issues should be fixed now. Second batch should be up later today or early tomorrow, including a fix for the savegame corruption some people have experienced.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 02:21:27 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 02:17:32 PM
How do you craft ammo?

Machinist bench, same as crafting guns. Except arrows, those you craft wherever you craft bows.

Thanks.  Does it require a special research?  I have a machinist bench and don't see any bill that allows ammo crafting.

jackarbiter

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 02:25:46 PM
Thanks.  Does it require a special research?  I have a machinist bench and don't see any bill that allows ammo crafting.

Nope, if you have a (machining table, I called it the wrong thing earlier) it'll make all the stuff, ammo and guns, unless something has gone wrong.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 02:55:29 PM

Nope, if you have a (machining table, I called it the wrong thing earlier) it'll make all the stuff, ammo and guns, unless something has gone wrong.

Hmmm....well, I have one and it doesn't have any bill for making ammo.

Also, I assume Embrasures don't work with this.  Just tried and they won't fire out of it.  :)

Mathenaut

Not having ammo at the start is a problem. Mostly just makes the machine table a research rush.

Performance on bows could use a bit of a tweak.

nuschler22

I might be missing it, but I can't find any category to store tactical vests, backpacks, etc, to make a stock pile.

When I attempt to haul it, it says that there is no empty place to store it and I have a stock pile that allows everything.

Fluffy (l2032)

I've fixed the loadout loading bug, when NIA gets around to uploading the latest version affected save games should load normally.

In the mean time, you could open up your save game with a text editor, and search for "loadout". You should see something like this; [note, this is from a really quick test game - yours will likely have more information in it]
<components>
<li Class="BreakdownManager" />
<li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.HideItemManager" />
<li Class="Combat_Realism.LoadoutManager">
<loadouts>
<li>
<label>Nothing</label>
<uniqueID>1</uniqueID>
<canBeDeleted>False</canBeDeleted>
<defaultLoadout>True</defaultLoadout>
<slots />
</li>
<li>
<label>Loadout1</label>
<uniqueID>2</uniqueID>
<slots />
</li>
<li>
<label>Loadout2</label>
<uniqueID>3</uniqueID>
<slots />
</li>
<li>
<label>Loadout3</label>
<uniqueID>4</uniqueID>
<slots />
</li>
</loadouts>
<assignments>
<li>
<pawn>Thing_Human42</pawn>
<loadout>Loadout_Loadout1_2</loadout>
</li>
<li>
<pawn>Thing_Human45</pawn>
<loadout>Loadout_Loadout2_3</loadout>
</li>
<li>
<pawn>null</pawn>
<loadout>Loadout_Loadout3_4</loadout>
</li>
</assignments>
</li>
</components>

The part that is causing the error is this;

<li>
<pawn>null</pawn>
<loadout>Loadout_Loadout3_4</loadout>
</li>

Feel free to delete any <li>blabla</li> block that has a 'null' pawn. If that doesn't work, just delete the whole <assignments>...</assignments> block and replace it with a single line: "<assignments />" (without the quotes ofcourse). That should fix it, but always back up the save game before you go messing with it.

RomanPL79

Hi.
I want to report that mod has problem with social tab - It deletes that tab from colonist menu. I think that social relations are working correctly and you only can't check them what is annoying but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Anyway very good job with mod. Adding ammo to small arms and weight is great idea.

dareddevil7

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 03:02:20 PM
Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 02:55:29 PM

Hmmm....well, I have one and it doesn't have any bill for making ammo.

Also, I assume Embrasures don't work with this.  Just tried and they won't fire out of it.  :)
Aren't the Embrasures just sandbags that can't be passed through and have more health?

Diana Winters

Quote from: RomanPL79 on April 26, 2016, 05:01:38 PM
Hi.
I want to report that mod has problem with social tab - It deletes that tab from colonist menu. I think that social relations are working correctly and you only can't check them what is annoying but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Anyway very good job with mod. Adding ammo to small arms and weight is great idea.

I noticed this issue as well