[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpediembr

Is it possible to have a toggle for "Hunkering Down" feature?

You cant order the colonist to do anything, even when drafted.

DestroyX

seems like its also impossible now to use embrasures.. they just refuse to shoot :/

Wishbringer

Think it would be a good idea to release the ammo stuff in a separate package, like so CombatRealism_Ammo.
I like the idea, but the ammo causes so many compatibility issues with other mods.
Also, many people don't like the ammo management, and having an option to use it would be greatly appreciated.

NoImageAvailable

New update is up, should fix the savegame corruption some people have been experiencing as well as the missing social tab and a number of other issues. At this point pretty much all the known bugs should be fixed but if there are some I missed please do let me know. Having people report these issues as they find them is part of the reason I have been able to fix all of them so quickly.

At this point I think I can start looking at adding turret integration and balancing the existing features to get the first "proper" A13 release out.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

dareddevil7

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 26, 2016, 06:34:33 PM
New update is up, should fix the savegame corruption some people have been experiencing as well as the missing social tab and a number of other issues. At this point pretty much all the known bugs should be fixed but if there are some I missed please do let me know. Having people report these issues as they find them is part of the reason I have been able to fix all of them so quickly.

At this point I think I can start looking at adding turret integration and balancing the existing features to get the first "proper" A13 release out.
The backpack and maybe the tactical vest appear weird when a pawn is laying down

porcupine

Quote from: Wishbringer on April 26, 2016, 06:24:29 PM
Think it would be a good idea to release the ammo stuff in a separate package, like so CombatRealism_Ammo.
A lot of people doesn't like the ammo management, and having an option to use it would be greatly appreciated.

There is little/no merit to wasting development cycles to remove features specifically, and painstakingly added to the mod.

If you don't like the core component(s) of the mod, then don't play with it.  The whole point of combat realism, is to add more realism, it's in the name!

nuschler22

Quote from: porcupine on April 26, 2016, 07:05:45 PM
Quote from: Wishbringer on April 26, 2016, 06:24:29 PM
A lot of people doesn't like the ammo management, and having an option to use it would be greatly appreciated.

There is little/no merit to wasting development cycles to remove features specifically, and painstakingly added to the mod.

If you don't like the core component(s) of the mod, then don't play with it.  The whole point of combat realism, is to add more realism, it's in the name!

Some people, including me, find it to be too much micro-management.  Stop taking thing personally when it's not even your mod.

jackarbiter

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 26, 2016, 06:34:33 PM
New update is up

Great work :)

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 26, 2016, 06:43:01 PMThe backpack and maybe the tactical vest appear weird when a pawn is laying down

It's a known issue mentioned in the 1.6.0 release notes (at least I assume that's what "Tactical vest and backpack occasionally exhibit z-fighting" means). It's one of those hilarious bugs that had me trying to pick up a vest off a bed for 5 minutes (I'd stripped some stuff off a prisoner and later when the bed was for a normal colonist with a vest I kept thinking it was there).
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

I don't remember the aim being so bad in Alpha 12 for everyone.  I can't find the "aiming" stat, perhaps I'm missing it. 

I have a guy with 12 shooting and he can't hit anything with a decent firearm. 

Feels like something's off.  Maybe it's just me.  People are wasting lots of now precious ammo shooting at something 1 or 2 squares away and not hitting anything.  I'm skipping the shooting at this point and just having colonists melee raiders which is hardly the point.

I know a lot of hard work went into this and I appreciate it, but after using it for as long as I can remember it being available, it's a bit too micro-management for me at this point.

DestroyX

after playing around with it for quite a while i'd say the same tho, the ammo thing is a neat idea and all.. but its just so much micro and clutters everything its not even fun..

nuschler22

Quote from: DestroyX on April 26, 2016, 07:25:22 PM
after playing around with it for quite a while i'd say the same tho, the ammo thing is a neat idea and all.. but its just so much micro and clutters everything its not even fun..

I didn't find the few traders that stopped by ever had any ammo.  And, for me at least, the machining table didn't have a bill to make it.

I had hundreds of rounds for two types of weapons.  Unfortunately, that outfitted only two of my colonists (of five).   I had quite a few handguns, but none of my colonists could hit anything with them so using them was futile.

:)

jackarbiter

The loadouts keep it from being too much micro for me. I think a few tweaks here or there would resolve most issues for people, like a modded "no gun, low food" type alert about low .303 ammo (since there are so many types now). But I'm liking this better than the infinite ammo version, and I think when it's balanced right a lot of people will come around to the ammo side of things.

As for making ammo, you tend to make stacks of 500 pretty fast.

I think something was wrong with your game nuschler; in mine I could make ammo and my handgun pawns were deadly accurate up close.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
The loadouts keep it from being too much micro for me. I think a few tweaks here or there would resolve most issues for people, like a modded "no gun, low food" type alert about low .303 ammo (since there are so many types now). But I'm liking this better than the infinite ammo version, and I think when it's balanced right a lot of people will come around to the ammo side of things.

As for making ammo, you tend to make stacks of 500 pretty fast.

I think something was wrong with your game nuschler; in mine I could make ammo and my handgun pawns were deadly accurate up close.

Might be.  It was so bad it was comical, but frustrating.  My "good" shooter wasted about 75 rounds trying to shoot a mad squirrel on the other side of a fence.  I finally reloaded an earlier save and let my colonists melee it.

Using one of the rifles with a decent range, I tried to pick off siegers.  Once again, about 100 rounds later, I don't think he hit one, even as they ignored him and moved closer as they built.

I'm using this with RimFire so maybe there is a conflict.  I might try using just this.

Krutchen

Gotta say, I'm loving this update so far, from what i've played.
It seems as though limiting the ammo makes melee combat a lot more prevalent in the early game, and i'm loving it, it makes raids seem so much more tense. Hopefully arrows being craftable again will sort of alleviate some of the difficulty with starting a colony, though.
Hopefully you'll knock out the defenses package soon though because i'm hurting for that barbed wire & embrasures right now, gotta get my fortress builds going again.

SteelRev

Overloaded pawn attempting to reload caused game to hang and finally crash.

(Crash Landing mod is how i ended up with gear so early)
Pawn "Krista"  was almost maxed out on bulk when i had it equip a charge rifle and pickup an ammo can for it. Then ordered it to equip a power armor but was told pawn was overloaded, so i just ordered it to haul the item. next thing i know the pawn had auto equipped the armor, ammo can in inventory had disappeared and the pawn was overloaded by 4 lbs. A good amount of text in the attached log refers to pawn "Krista" trying to pick up a meal then auto dropping it, just for the job giver to tell it to pick it up again. after some time another pawn got the animal revenge event while hunting with a knife. I had pawn Krista go kill the animals and burned off 12 shots. I ordered Krista to reload thinking it might help with the over weight issue. Game hung up then crashed.

file is larger than the 600kb allowed on forum for attachments.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WqZQDKPmQ2VnQzbllaYVVZTFk

as for the people having issues with the machining bench not having bills to make ammo. completely close rimworld and reload. that will fix that issue.