[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Haminator

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
The loadouts keep it from being too much micro for me. I think a few tweaks here or there would resolve most issues for people, like a modded "no gun, low food" type alert about low .303 ammo (since there are so many types now). But I'm liking this better than the infinite ammo version, and I think when it's balanced right a lot of people will come around to the ammo side of things.

As for making ammo, you tend to make stacks of 500 pretty fast.

I think something was wrong with your game nuschler; in mine I could make ammo and my handgun pawns were deadly accurate up close.

Might be.  It was so bad it was comical, but frustrating.  My "good" shooter wasted about 75 rounds trying to shoot a mad squirrel on the other side of a fence.  I finally reloaded an earlier save and let my colonists melee it.

Using one of the rifles with a decent range, I tried to pick off siegers.  Once again, about 100 rounds later, I don't think he hit one, even as they ignored him and moved closer as they built.

I'm using this with RimFire so maybe there is a conflict.  I might try using just this.

I might be incorrect but I'm fairly sure low lying animals (such as a squirrel) are near impossible to hit shooting over or through something just as shooting through a bunch of trees you are likely not going to hit anything making clear sight-lines (removing rubble and trees) very important for shooting especially at long range. I've also noticed that if your target is moving when your pawn fires you seem to have a much higher chance to miss due to them attempting to lead the target. I feel all this together makes hitting a sporadic little squirrel over a fence a real challenge which it should be realistically.

25wes25

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 07:40:27 PM
I'm using this with RimFire so maybe there is a conflict.  I might try using just this.
Here's the patch for combat realism and rimfire: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg212677#msg212677
Load it after combat realism, and don't use the non combat realism rimfire mod. It should work since my accuracy is fine.

AllenWL

Wow looks like every issue I had is now gone. Nice.
Oh, and this could just be me, but I can't seem to find high-caliber sabot, HE, or incendiary bullets? In fact, the only bullets(as in not fuel cells, charged ammo, etc) I found where all just FMJ, AP, and HP.

Goldenpotatoes

Bows and pilas don't actually work at all. A colonist with both types of arrows and pilas in their inventory will not fire with bows or a pila, nor do they have any gizmos like all the other weapons.

I found this out shortly after a manhunter pack of wargs came and the only reliable weapon I had at the time were bows. Fun.

Arrowstar

I'm having some problems with the ammo system and I'm hoping I can get some help.  For some reason, my pawns don't seem to reload their weapons, and right clicking on ammo in storage doesn't bring up anything other than a Haul command.  Additionally, I see the "loadout generator error" in some pawns' inventory.  (Could these be related?)

I'm on A13 using CCL, Combat Realism 1.6.2, Combat Realism Defense (possible source of the problem?), EdBPrepareCarefully, EdBColonistBar, and Expanded Prosthetics.

Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Here's some output from my game log with errors, could this mean anything? 
EDIT2: I also can't use bows, may be related to the problem posted above?

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

XML error: <basePowerConsumption>900</basePowerConsumption> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

XML error: <combatTargetBuilding>true</combatTargetBuilding> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <basePowerConsumption>600</basePowerConsumption> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <combatTargetBuilding>true</combatTargetBuilding> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <manWorkType>Violent</manWorkType> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <manWorkType>Violent</manWorkType> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <nameMaker>NamerGun</nameMaker> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <descriptionMaker>ArtWeaponGun</descriptionMaker> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <minQualityForArtistic>Excellent</minQualityForArtistic> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP from node <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP"><compClass>Combat_Realism.CompAP</compClass><armorPenetration>0.775</armorPenetration></li>

Could not find a type named Combat_Realism.CompAP

XML error: <armorPenetration>0.775</armorPenetration> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <nameMaker>NamerGun</nameMaker> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <descriptionMaker>ArtWeaponGun</descriptionMaker> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <minQualityForArtistic>Excellent</minQualityForArtistic> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP from node <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP"><compClass>Combat_Realism.CompAP</compClass><armorPenetration>1.0</armorPenetration></li>

XML error: <armorPenetration>1.0</armorPenetration> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP from node <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP"><compClass>Combat_Realism.CompAP</compClass><armorPenetration>1.0</armorPenetration></li>

XML error: <armorPenetration>1.0</armorPenetration> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP from node <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AP"><compClass>Combat_Realism.CompAP</compClass><armorPenetration>0.7</armorPenetration></li>

XML error: <armorPenetration>0.7</armorPenetration> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_ProjectileFrag from node <ThingDef Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_ProjectileFrag" Abstract="True"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.ProjectileCR_Frag</thingClass><label>90mm round</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>TransparentPostLight</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/ShellBomb</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><defName>Bullet_FlakTurret</defName><projectile><damageDef>Bomb</damageDef><damageAmountBase>250</damageAmountBase><speed>160</speed><explosionRadius>1.6</explosionRadius><soundExplode>Explosion</soundExplode></projectile><fragRange>7.0</fragRange><fragProjectileSmall>Fragment_HeatSmall</fragProjectileSmall><fragAmountSmall>50</fragAmountSmall><fragProjectileMedium>Fragment_HeatMedium</fragProjectileMedium><fragAmountMedium>60</fragAmountMedium><fragProjectileLarge>Fragment_HeatLarge</fragProjectileLarge><fragAmountLarge>25</fragAmountLarge></ThingDef>

Could not find a type named Combat_Realism.ProjectileCR_Frag

XML error: <fragRange>7.0</fragRange> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragProjectileSmall>Fragment_HeatSmall</fragProjectileSmall> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragAmountSmall>50</fragAmountSmall> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragProjectileMedium>Fragment_HeatMedium</fragProjectileMedium> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragAmountMedium>60</fragAmountMedium> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragProjectileLarge>Fragment_HeatLarge</fragProjectileLarge> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragAmountLarge>25</fragAmountLarge> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_ProjectileFrag from node <ThingDef Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_ProjectileFrag" Abstract="True"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.ProjectileCR_Frag</thingClass><label>30x29mm grenade</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>TransparentPostLight</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Big</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><defName>Projectile_30x29mmGrenade</defName><projectile><damageDef>Bomb</damageDef><damageAmountBase>70</damageAmountBase><flyOverhead>false</flyOverhead><speed>76</speed><explosionRadius>1</explosionRadius></projectile><fragRange>4.0</fragRange><fragProjectileSmall>Fragment_Grenade40mmFragSmall</fragProjectileSmall><fragAmountSmall>65</fragAmountSmall><fragProjectileMedium>Fragment_Grenade40mmFragMedium</fragProjectileMedium><fragAmountMedium>25</fragAmountMedium><fragProjectileLarge>Fragment_Grenade40mmFragLarge</fragProjectileLarge><fragAmountLarge>15</fragAmountLarge></ThingDef>

Could not find a type named Combat_Realism.ProjectileCR_Frag

XML error: <fragRange>4.0</fragRange> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragProjectileSmall>Fragment_Grenade40mmFragSmall</fragProjectileSmall> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragAmountSmall>65</fragAmountSmall> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragProjectileMedium>Fragment_Grenade40mmFragMedium</fragProjectileMedium> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragAmountMedium>25</fragAmountMedium> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragProjectileLarge>Fragment_Grenade40mmFragLarge</fragProjectileLarge> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <fragAmountLarge>15</fragAmountLarge> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

25wes25

Quote from: Arrowstar on April 26, 2016, 10:11:05 PM
I'm on A13 using CCL, Combat Realism 1.6.2, Combat Realism Defense (possible source of the problem?), EdBPrepareCarefully, EdBColonistBar, and Expanded Prosthetics.
Well for starters Combat Realism Defense isn't updated (He's working on getting the turret to use ammo properly) so remove that. You'll also need the EPOE Combat Realism patch, It's on the first post under patches/compatibility I believe. Make sure you have the patch after combat realism and EPOE in your mod order.

Proximity_Microwave

Is anyone else having an issue with the Loadouts just not working. I set them up and assign them to colonists, and they never equip them. I can't make them pick up ammo either through the Loadouts or manually. I'm really confused. CCL and Combat Realism are the only mods I have installed.

The_Haminator

I can start a game fine right now and everything in-game seems to be working properly with all my mods but I can't ever load up a saved game once I go back to menu or close game. Same mods, same order.

Here's my error log showing mods and order as well in case that helps.
http://imgur.com/v5IscrO

Also this is what's in the log when I start a new colony.
http://imgur.com/BFqAJjs

25wes25

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:08:29 AM
From what I can tell you're still using Combat Realism Core, not Combat Realism 1.6.2 (The most recent update). Also your mod order should be as follows:
Core
CCL
Combat Realism 1.6.2
Rimfire 2.0 Combat Realism
Everything else. Don't load EDB's stuff before the 'core' mods.

Commander Beanbag

If you have a pawn with grenades equipped and the same type in the inventory, unequipping the grenade will delete it (it doesn't add to the inventory grenade count).

absolutist

is the loadout section supposed to be a tab at the bottom? If so, I appear to be missing it somehow

The_Haminator

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 27, 2016, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:08:29 AM
From what I can tell you're still using Combat Realism Core, not Combat Realism 1.6.2 (The most recent update). Also your mod order should be as follows:
Core
CCL
Combat Realism 1.6.2
Rimfire 2.0 Combat Realism
Everything else. Don't load EDB's stuff before the 'core' mods.

Combat Realism Core is what it's calling 1.6.2 in the mod order for me. I removed previous versions. I'll try reordering the mods and see if that works out, thanks for the reply.

25wes25

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:36:18 AM
Combat Realism Core is what it's calling 1.6.2 in the mod order for me. I removed previous versions. I'll try reordering the mods and see if that works out, thanks for the reply.
Huh, you're right my bad. I had my mod folder open, not the in game menu. Still though I believe the null being generated was fixed in 1.6.2, so I can't help you out if it wasn't simply your mod order.

The_Haminator

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 27, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:36:18 AM
Huh, you're right my bad. I had my mod folder open, not the in game menu. Still though I believe the null being generated was fixed in 1.6.2, so I can't help you out if it wasn't simply your mod order.

But it DOES say it's version 1.6.1 when I click the info button for Combat Realism Core in Ebd's mod order. Does it say that for yours?

25wes25

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 27, 2016, 12:46:26 AM
But it DOES say it's version 1.6.1 when I click the info button for Combat Realism Core in Ebd's mod order. Does it say that for yours?
Yeah, that's no biggy though. NIA must have just forgot to change the version number, the changes are in there though.