[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatte

So how come this thing shows Combat Realism Defence, but no link to it??
~Tatte~

Tatte

Does this mod even WORK with Alpha 13? Because I have been screwing around with it for about 2 hours and when they run out of ammo they wont grab more or anything even though I spawned in about 500 (Nato rounds for the assault rifle) nothing works, why?
~Tatte~

Diana Winters

Either set a loadout or manually make them pick up more.
Also, have you restarted the game after leaving the mod menu?

Tatte

Quote from: Diana Winters on May 01, 2016, 11:43:59 PM

I did set a loadout and it wouldn't let me pick up ammo, and yes I did restart it.
~Tatte~

Aarkreinsil

Wow, just tried out this mod for the first time ever, and already can't see myself playing Rimworld without it anymore.

I'd just like an additional option for the loadouts, something like a priority list.

If you can get it, grab a great bow.
If none are available, get a short bow instead.

That kind of thing.

Krutchen

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 01, 2016, 05:12:17 PM
So just a heads up, turret ammo is fully functional (though somewhat lacking polish) but sieges are not. Unfortunately there is some very messy code in there so my options are kinda limited between ripping it all out and replacing it (more work than I am willing to commit at this point) or resorting to some hacky workarounds.

The next version also adds new functionality to the loadout manager where pawns will no longer automatically take meals and also drop items if they have more than specified in their loadout. Items that are not actually part of the loadout will not be dropped however, as there are issues both with vanilla jobs and the fact that for this to work properly with player-controlled pickups you'd need some way of disallowing automatic dropping of player-forced items, akin to the outfit manager's forced wear. And that one is just not feasible to implement for me due to technical reasons.

I am also working on tightening up some balance issues, raiders carry much less ammo now and ammo itself as well as ammo crafting are more expensive now. Once I am done balancing I will release the next version as a full release along with CR Defence and my stat sheets I use for balancing so anyone interested in making a compatibility patch can see how the values are calculated.

Is this update in the github dev branch yet? I'd be willing to see if I can help out, man.
Also, good call on making ammo more expensive, you can make a bit too much for the price as it stands. Did you up the cost for a stack, or just reduce created stacks down from 500x to something way smaller? I think you could honestly get away with 25x or 50x stacks for each job cycle.

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on May 02, 2016, 12:32:34 AM
I'd just like an additional option for the loadouts, something like a priority list.

If you can get it, grab a great bow.
If none are available, get a short bow instead.

This would be awesome, by the way. Preferences for loadouts, perhaps a filter based on quality as well, so instead of a "soldier" grabbing an awful assault rifle, they'll go for a good pistol instead.

Colonist51

Is the next update (full release) going to be save compatible?

Teratles

Quote from: Tatte on May 01, 2016, 11:32:32 PM
Does this mod even WORK with Alpha 13? Because I have been screwing around with it for about 2 hours and when they run out of ammo they wont grab more or anything even though I spawned in about 500 (Nato rounds for the assault rifle) nothing works, why?

Do not use the [A13] EdB Mod Order v0.13.1.2 (23 April 2016) for Combat Realism. I have try it 20 times to figer out that the Mod Order has a problem with Combat Ralism.

Khilliani

Hey I was wondering, I restarted my game the first time I managed to see everything as the picture in the CB mod showed but when i rebooted it up it didn't show it anymore but then I just activated rimfire so maybe that's it. and I don't quite get the instructions for downloading the defense version of this mod, could Someone please explain it to me. Thanks ^^

Teratles

Quote from: Khilliani on May 02, 2016, 06:44:35 AM
Hey I was wondering, I restarted my game the first time I managed to see everything as the picture in the CB mod showed but when i rebooted it up it didn't show it anymore but then I just activated rimfire so maybe that's it. and I don't quite get the instructions for downloading the defense version of this mod, could Someone please explain it to me. Thanks ^^

You need to use the right Rimfire. Rimfire with CR support. Download in the Rimfire Posting but on the last side.

kimx1636

Quote from: Tatte on May 01, 2016, 11:55:27 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on May 01, 2016, 11:43:59 PM

I did set a loadout and it wouldn't let me pick up ammo, and yes I did restart it.

If you go to page 79 of this discussion you can see the mod dev talk that he's working on the defense part of it, taking some time to get the turrets to accept ammo.

As for getting the mod to work, what other mods are you using?

From the first post: "Mods that modify vanilla weapons, walls, bodies or body parts (human and mechanoid, animals are fine), rock walls or rock chunks are inherently incompatible, meaning whichever mod is last in your load order will overwrite the changes of the other."

I had the same problem with getting this mod to work, the exact same problem with them not picking up ammo. Turns out it was Glitter Tech which was incompatible and messing with parts of CR.

If you use EPOE don't forget to load the CR/EPOE patch, don't forget to load the CCL right after Core, etc.

Ghizmo

Quote from: kimx1636 on May 02, 2016, 07:00:41 AM
Turns out it was Glitter Tech which was incompatible and messing with parts of CR.

Happen to know if there is anyone working on a patch for compatibility?

kimx1636

Quote from: Ghizmo on May 02, 2016, 07:28:46 AM
Quote from: kimx1636 on May 02, 2016, 07:00:41 AM
Turns out it was Glitter Tech which was incompatible and messing with parts of CR.

Happen to know if there is anyone working on a patch for compatibility?

There is not. I have checked. It sucks, cause I wanted to make a Glitter Tech Post-humanist settlement.

Flare Flicker

I got the mod working after re-downloading CCL, I cannot get my colonists to pick up ammo.. Assigned they will not pick it up and i get no right click menu. They did run out of ammo though. Restarted after accessing the mod menu, and after i noticed the issue and it didn't fix.. This is my mod load order. (I may just be stupid, and feel free to call me so.)

1: Core
2: Community Core Library
3: Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
4: ED-Embrasures
5: ED-laserDrill
6: ED-SubSpaceTransponder
7: EdBPrepareCarefully
8: HaulPriorityLite
9: Hospitality
10: LDAreaRugs
11: LessIncidentTrolling
12: LT_ADogSaid
13: More Furniture
14: MoreSunLamps
15: PackMuffalo
16: Recycle
17: Power Efficient Lights
18: RT_Fuse
19: RT_SolarFlareShield
20: RW_EnhancedTabs
21: RW_PawnBar
22: CombatRealism
23: Rimfire 2.0 for CombatRealism

I know that is alot... But I did have them all working with out errors.  Hoping somebody can spot my probably silly muck up..

AllenWL

So uh, I got rimfire, disabled the pistol that uses the 410 bore rounds, and restarted the game. Next thing I know, a trader shows up with 410 bore rounds?