[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devon_v

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 05, 2016, 08:25:54 PM
Update 1.6.4 is now available, along with the latest version of CR Defence.

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but the only release on Git at the moment is CR Defence. Am I supposed to manually download the master branch to update the rest?

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Devon_v on May 06, 2016, 02:41:31 AM

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but the only release on Git at the moment is CR Defence. Am I supposed to manually download the master branch to update the rest?

Its not clear, but the "source code" text for the turret update is actually the 1.6.4 update. When you download it, the file will be appropriately named.

Just for anyone who's curious, the 1.6.4 update seems to have changed the format for shots, and throws a boatload of errors from the weapon mods out there. Tried adding the defense pack as well, but an existing world failed to load, so either it conflicted with something else or just isn't save game friendly. As a result, I can't say if the broken XML actually prevents the mod weapons from working.

Heresy

suggesting feature for loadouts. hopefully it is possible to implement. add a forcewear option to weapons and ammo so when clicked it adds the items to the loadout tab. sry for engrish

player13

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on May 06, 2016, 03:21:04 AM
Quote from: Devon_v on May 06, 2016, 02:41:31 AM

Its not clear, but the "source code" text for the turret update is actually the 1.6.4 update. When you download it, the file will be appropriately named.

Thank you for making it clear. I was wondering if I was insane for thinking things weren't working at all with 1.6.3 + Defense pack.

NoImageAvailable

Just to clarify, the source download is the 1.6.4 release. I've added a more clearly labeled download which is the same except it doesn't contain the source code for the DLL. Due to a change in the way recoil is handled existing compatibility patches for gun mods won't work anymore. I've already sent an updated patch for Rimfire to Alistaire and it should be going up shortly.

Additionally, due to a number of changes to turrets and arrows existing save games won't work without manual editing. Either start a new colony with a new world or edit out any reference to (great) arrows and turrets/mortars.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

shadowstreaker

How feasible is it to add a loadout like system that works with an equipment rack or similar?

Because with the bulk changes and such it would be nice to set up armories, but i would like to control how much ammo is stored in a stack for each soldier. For instance, I would like to keep 3 assault rifles with 3 separate clumps of 100 ammo in a forward armory, so that when i get attacked i could draft, pick up the guns and the ammo amount i want and then they'd be ready, so that i don't need to keep them running around with a gun and ammo and cluttering up inventory all the time

lucadena

The new patch looks really good.
I like the new auto equip and aggressive drop, but I could need a generic option to get one of any type of meals, maybe preferring the better one. Right now it is a pain to configure survival package for everyone, then change to simple meals and so on, and I don't want to select both, as the inventory is limited.

admiralKew

Great! I haven't been able to download the new version yet. Would it be possible to add a button to duplicate a certain loadout if there hasn't been such an addition yet? Or the ability to import and export loadouts to/from xml files like the blueprints mod or prepare carefully?

eatKenny

Quote from: Grizzlyadamz on May 05, 2016, 05:57:32 PM
Hmm, hey, does this mod ascribe armor-penetration to non-AP 5.7x28 ammo?
Thinking about HC & the 5.7 weapons they have- the P90 should be able to defeat kevlar vests, but if the 5-7 pistol has any special properties that would be a mistake. If that's the case, I wonder if it would be best corrected through the ammo's properties or those of the pistol.

i only added 5.7x28mm FMJ to the mod since there is no 5.7x28mm AP or HP(discontinued in 2004). i gave 5.7x28mm a lot more armor-piercing abilily than any other handgun round but since the default armor vest in game is based on Lvl 3 body armor, it cant penetrate anyway. unless someone come with a new lvl2 body armor. however i dont know if it can penetrate kevlar helmet, never tested it.

and the FN Five-Seven and P90 uses the same cartridge.

zeppelin17

any help on the bugs?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

silentwolf123

Grizzlyadamz

Quote from: eatKenny on May 06, 2016, 09:17:56 AM
Quote from: Grizzlyadamz on May 05, 2016, 05:57:32 PM
snip

i only added 5.7x28mm FMJ to the mod since there is no 5.7x28mm AP or HP(discontinued in 2004). i gave 5.7x28mm a lot more armor-piercing abilily than any other handgun round but since the default armor vest in game is based on Lvl 3 body armor, it cant penetrate anyway. unless someone come with a new lvl2 body armor. however i dont know if it can penetrate kevlar helmet, never tested it.

and the FN Five-Seven and P90 uses the same cartridge.
Oh hey, you caught me!
So it's attached to the cartridge eh? Well that'd be a pain if it wasn't a moot point anyway (if the armor's based on level-3 like you say)- my understand is that the p90's armor-penetration is based around multiple high-velocity rounds impacting in a tight group, (so accuracy & ROF were critical). The 5-7 by contrast has a lower muzzle-velocity & is semi-auto, so it has a much harder time penetrating even level-2 vests.
The armor-penetration of the so-called 'cop-killer' round is completely overblown, so much so that a lot of police officers in the US & Mexico mention how thankful they are that misconception exists since members of the drug-cartels buy into it.

But anyway, should we move this over to the High-cal thread?

Devon_v

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 06, 2016, 06:03:15 AM
Additionally, due to a number of changes to turrets and arrows existing save games won't work without manual editing. Either start a new colony with a new world or edit out any reference to (great) arrows and turrets/mortars.

That would explain why Rimworld keeps bombing back to the title screen. :)

I wasn't happy with that colony anyway.

shifty0

I installed the main mod and the defence mod. The defence mod clearly works, but when I shoot my guns, it doesnt show me any way to reload. No reload prompts at all, even though it says "out of ammo" when i shoot at animals. What have I done wrong.

Load order - https://gyazo.com/8ad7e24a523dad47aa3847fef3f6aeac

shadowstreaker

Quote from: shifty0 on May 06, 2016, 03:43:57 PM
I installed the main mod and the defence mod. The defence mod clearly works, but when I shoot my guns, it doesnt show me any way to reload. No reload prompts at all, even though it says "out of ammo" when i shoot at animals. What have I done wrong.

Load order - https://gyazo.com/8ad7e24a523dad47aa3847fef3f6aeac

You are using an old version of Rimfire/CR compatibility patch from the looks of it, the one you are using is an older version meant for Alpha 12