[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathstar

Quote from: Alistaire on May 04, 2016, 03:51:16 PM
1) restart your game after opening the mod activation menu,
2) if that doesn't work, EdB mod order may interfere with CR or CCL - this has been reported before.

Disabling Mod Order has fixed it, thanks!

Mufflamingo

How to unload the bullets. I have Pistol with 1 FMJ bullet and I have many AP's and HP's but no FMJ, how do I remove the FMJ?
Bleeeee. . . . .

Alistaire

Quote from: Mufflamingo on May 07, 2016, 01:36:01 PM
How to unload the bullets. I have Pistol with 1 FMJ bullet and I have many AP's and HP's but no FMJ, how do I remove the FMJ?

Right-click the reload gizmo with the AP/HP in the pawn inventory.

AseaHeru

Im not entirely certain if this is still relevant, but I have noticed that in 1.6.3 packs and webgear dont get produced often (if at all) due to requiring components for manufacture, which leads to some detrimental effects in combat.

BlackflagNarwhal

Was curious, is it possible to add weapons from other mods into this on our own? Not sure if theres a crapton more coding needed. Was lookin through the Defs to see what makes it tick.

BlackflagNarwhal

Sidenote, where the hell are you pulling the sounds and textures from for the guns?! D8<

Profugo Barbatus

So far the only thing I dislike about this mod is just how absolutely incompetent mortar crews are without rangefinding. Like, I'm fine if the distance they set for the shot goes to hell without ranging, it makes sense they'd fall short, or more likely fall too far, but I've had shells come out at fifty degree angles almost right outta the barrel. Nearly landed on my own defense line. I've had binoc's in my standard light infantry loadout since that incident, which helps, but it feels like a bit too wild of a swing.

Otherwise, I'm considering sitting down and making a few toys for this mod. Especially once I get around to playing with the gun turrets. Haven't updated because my current save is still going strong.

Quote from: BlackflagNarwhal on May 07, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

Sidenote, where the hell are you pulling the sounds and textures from for the guns?! D8<

High Caliber Combat Realism is a patch, so the textures are still in the base High Caliber mod :P

BlackflagNarwhal

I dont use High caliber, im using the plain ol Combat realism because id love to have my M41A pulse rifles have a magazine and such. And can i use JUST the defense mod without dealing with the rest of the mod?

falloute

Okay so I wanted to test out this mod and basically when my people are firing the guns, after they run out of ammo the gun literally disappears? I don't know why and I tried restarting the game, nothing.

Edit*
Okay nvm I got it they just put their guns away. By the way so I actually have to find/craft/buy ammo for every gun type even with vanilla and Rimfire weapons?

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: BlackflagNarwhal on May 07, 2016, 11:13:11 PM
I dont use High caliber, im using the plain ol Combat realism because id love to have my M41A pulse rifles have a magazine and such. And can i use JUST the defense mod without dealing with the rest of the mod?

Oh, the base combat realism doesn't add any weapons, it only overwrites some of the details for the existing guns. The textures are still located in core then.

As for just using defense, I don't believe so, as Defense uses the mechanics for shooting that were made by CR Core.

knainoa

I know the mod creator is busy working on the core mod but does anyone know how to fix the CR/Rimsenal incompability? currently if CR is installed no gun from rimsenal will even fire. Thought i'd reach out to the community as theres no official patch

SirDerpface

Pistols and knifes attack extremely fast and there's that loadout items that say that something went terribly wrong
pls help
Edit:I loaded the game and the mod magicly got fixed, loadouts turned into the items they were supposed to be and the weapons got the hud and such it was supposed to have.

NoImageAvailable

Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. With this the mod is fully updated to A13 and out of pre-release. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

With the complete lack of not only any real support for modding but even base consideration for it (almost every alpha brings with it new internal changes like making various public variables private, which does not affect the base game in any way but breaks mods and makes modding harder than it needs to be) and a number of smaller annoyances like the out of touch community management (Tynan unstickying genuinely useful threads such as well-maintained mod lists while leaving redundant ones up, complete lack of communication on issues such as the whole private variabls thing, that sort of stuff) modding Rimworld has become more of a hassle than it ought to be. At this point I just no longer have the motivation to deal with it all. The only thing keeping me was the fact I wanted to bring CR into a semi-complete state before I go. I did have plans for a melee combat overhaul before I go but since the loadout system took up more time than originally anticipated I have decided to can those plans.

Since people asked for it in the past I have uploaded the ODS sheets with all the weapon stats I used for balancing to github so anyone interested in making gun mods compatible with this can look up how the stats are calculated (keep in mind though, that while the sheets include data for Project Armory guns that data hasn't been updated since the last PA release and is heavily outdated). The zip file also includes my personal todo list where I still have a number of outstanding issues and plans for the future, in case anyone else decides to pick up this project (although somehow I don't see that happening).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tuco

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. With this the mod is fully updated to A13 and out of pre-release. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

With the complete lack of not only any real support for modding but even base consideration for it (almost every alpha brings with it new internal changes like making various public variables private, which does not affect the base game in any way but breaks mods and makes modding harder than it needs to be) and a number of smaller annoyances like the out of touch community management (Tynan unstickying genuinely useful threads such as well-maintained mod lists while leaving redundant ones up, complete lack of communication on issues such as the whole private variabls thing, that sort of stuff) modding Rimworld has become more of a hassle than it ought to be. At this point I just no longer have the motivation to deal with it all. The only thing keeping me was the fact I wanted to bring CR into a semi-complete state before I go. I did have plans for a melee combat overhaul before I go but since the loadout system took up more time than originally anticipated I have decided to can those plans.

Since people asked for it in the past I have uploaded the ODS sheets with all the weapon stats I used for balancing to github so anyone interested in making gun mods compatible with this can look up how the stats are calculated (keep in mind though, that while the sheets include data for Project Armory guns that data hasn't been updated since the last PA release and is heavily outdated). The zip file also includes my personal todo list where I still have a number of outstanding issues and plans for the future, in case anyone else decides to pick up this project (although somehow I don't see that happening).
[/b][/color]

Wow, really sorry to see you stopping Developing Mods NoImage  :'(
You really did a great job with the CR series and made the game a lot more interesting and fun.
There's a ton of folks who love and use the Mod.  They're all going to be bummed out to see you leave the Dev arena but understand if it became too much of a hassle.  Are you still going to keep playing and helping out in the Forums or moving on to greener pastures?

Famous Shoes

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

Thank you for seeing this through to the end; RimWorld hasn't been and still isn't nearly as fun without your Combat Realism.

Speaking as someone who took the easy way out long ago and gave up modding RimWorld due to its codebase being so unfriendly to modders it sometimes felt intentional, I take my hat off to your perseverance, patience, and skill at delivering fun in spite of the roadblocks. If you enjoy modding, I hope you find a new project that brings you more enjoyment and keeps your hobby alive.