[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingLoony

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. With this the mod is fully updated to A13 and out of pre-release. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

With the complete lack of not only any real support for modding but even base consideration for it (almost every alpha brings with it new internal changes like making various public variables private, which does not affect the base game in any way but breaks mods and makes modding harder than it needs to be) and a number of smaller annoyances like the out of touch community management (Tynan unstickying genuinely useful threads such as well-maintained mod lists while leaving redundant ones up, complete lack of communication on issues such as the whole private variabls thing, that sort of stuff) modding Rimworld has become more of a hassle than it ought to be. At this point I just no longer have the motivation to deal with it all. The only thing keeping me was the fact I wanted to bring CR into a semi-complete state before I go. I did have plans for a melee combat overhaul before I go but since the loadout system took up more time than originally anticipated I have decided to can those plans.

Since people asked for it in the past I have uploaded the ODS sheets with all the weapon stats I used for balancing to github so anyone interested in making gun mods compatible with this can look up how the stats are calculated (keep in mind though, that while the sheets include data for Project Armory guns that data hasn't been updated since the last PA release and is heavily outdated). The zip file also includes my personal todo list where I still have a number of outstanding issues and plans for the future, in case anyone else decides to pick up this project (although somehow I don't see that happening).

Really sad to see this, im very new to rimworld and love this mod, sad to see you go, man.

One request, if you will, if that is there a way to modify the weight cap of traders? maybe its something to do with hospitality, but when traders visit, the one you actually trade with is always carrying way too much and ends up never reaching my base before its killed by something like starvation, because they move so slow. i doubt you'll update this again like you said, but if you can point me in the right direction to modifying it myself that would be much appreciated too

lordmatiz

NoImage, thanks for you hard work!
I hope, that one day you will come back to RimWorld and mod something even more awesome :)

crusader2010

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. With this the mod is fully updated to A13 and out of pre-release. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

With the complete lack of not only any real support for modding but even base consideration for it (almost every alpha brings with it new internal changes like making various public variables private, which does not affect the base game in any way but breaks mods and makes modding harder than it needs to be) and a number of smaller annoyances like the out of touch community management (Tynan unstickying genuinely useful threads such as well-maintained mod lists while leaving redundant ones up, complete lack of communication on issues such as the whole private variabls thing, that sort of stuff) modding Rimworld has become more of a hassle than it ought to be. At this point I just no longer have the motivation to deal with it all. The only thing keeping me was the fact I wanted to bring CR into a semi-complete state before I go. I did have plans for a melee combat overhaul before I go but since the loadout system took up more time than originally anticipated I have decided to can those plans.

Since people asked for it in the past I have uploaded the ODS sheets with all the weapon stats I used for balancing to github so anyone interested in making gun mods compatible with this can look up how the stats are calculated (keep in mind though, that while the sheets include data for Project Armory guns that data hasn't been updated since the last PA release and is heavily outdated). The zip file also includes my personal todo list where I still have a number of outstanding issues and plans for the future, in case anyone else decides to pick up this project (although somehow I don't see that happening).

You should put this message on the first page of the thread  ;D thank you for the great work!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Tuco

Quote from: lordmatiz on May 08, 2016, 10:27:54 AM
Tuco, thanks for you hard work!
I hope, that one day you will come back to RimWorld and mod something even more awesome :)
[/b]

The Mod was developed by NoImage not me.
I was just thanking them for their work and was to see them cease developing more Mods.

Mzxs

Would it be ok if I took a stab at making a new logo thing that showed the ideas of this mod?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Mzxs on May 08, 2016, 01:34:17 PM
Would it be ok if I took a stab at making a new logo thing that showed the ideas of this mod?

Sure
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mzxs

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: Mzxs on May 08, 2016, 01:34:17 PM

Sure
So this is what i have so far. Any wants/ tips for it?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Soap

knainoa

thank you so much for your hard work! you made the game significantly better with this mod

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

bechtoldn

Thanks for all your work man! Even if the game devs don't offer any support, the modding community and I really appreciate all you have done. Best of luck in whatever you do next. 

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Soap on May 08, 2016, 03:00:22 PM
How to load Ammo to backpack?

Backpacks just add extra bulk capacity to the base inventory, they don't have a separate storage or anything as far as the system is concerned. As long as your wearing one, you can store more bulk, presumably in the bag.

And I got a whole summer ahead of me, I might stick my nose into the CR code and to-do list. Never done a DLL mod for rimworld, only XML contents, but I've got nothing better to do. Could be worth trying to get a few modders together as a sort of community continuation on it all. I'll let you guys know if I manage to get anywhere at all with that. Could be a while, since Stellaris launches tomorrow and I'll probably lose a week to that.

RagingLoony

is updating from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 savegame safe?

Mzxs

Second Pass of the new logo(only making this to help keep it alive) would like everyone's opinion.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Korn.Mil

Thanks for this amazing mod, but i have a little problem, it is a problem with mod or i just activated mod in wrong way?