[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudyrads

How do I reload the charge rifles? My colonists died because of empty charge rifles.

Killaim

thank you for the hard work you put into this amazing mod.

one can only hope things improve via the vanilla implementation of mod friendlyness and you somehow return to continue.

skullywag

So as NIA has left Rimworld modding and the modders slack ( :( ) I guess now is the time to state that ill be taking over maintenance of this mod with his blessing, for now, simply because I have a silly amount of mods and a rather large lack of any free time, this will be restricted to alpha updates (and maybe the odd bugfix) only. I wont be adding new features for now.

If anyone out there thinks theyve got the skills to pay the bills and understands where CR should head and wants to take over from me then i would welcome a chat.

CR will live on. Dont worry.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

lucadena

Quote from: skullywag on May 12, 2016, 07:40:11 AM
So as NIA has left Rimworld modding and the modders slack ( :( ) I guess now is the time to state that ill be taking over maintenance of this mod with his blessing, for now, simply because I have a silly amount of mods and a rather large lack of any free time, this will be restricted to alpha updates (and maybe the odd bugfix) only. I wont be adding new features for now.

If anyone out there thinks theyve got the skills to pay the bills and understands where CR should head and wants to take over from me then i would welcome a chat.

Thanks, you give me hope :)

akiceabear

Awesome!

Hyena

Thanks, that's a relief!

goja9014

kosh401

IronWarsmith

Nevermid. I'm an idiot.

oronnoro2

What an odd time to try the mod, when its most complete and when the mod author is leaving his mod. Well, here goes.

Krutchen

Well, I've been playing around with embrasures and seeing what's going on and why enemies won't fire through them. It appears as though the deciding factor is or not a raider sees ANYONE outside. If everyone is inside, ie if there's a door between the raider and the target, they won't fire, but the moment the raiders can detect anyone outdoors, they will start firing through embrasures. This is really strange, but i'm going to see if I can find a way around any of this.

Krutchen

https://github.com/Krutchen/CombatRealism/releases/tag/v1.6.51

Quick little patch to 1.6.5, Adds in the much needed ability for raiders to fight back against colonists using embrasures and anything else of the sort. Before, they couldn't shoot back because they could not path to the target location, doors would make your embrasures essentially solid walls to them that you could just pew pew out of. Not any more.

I pretty much just had to make a small detour using the ccl to change how AttackTargetFinder was operating.

lucadena

Quote from: Krutchen on May 13, 2016, 07:53:58 AM

Quick little patch to 1.6.5, Adds in the much needed ability for raiders to fight back against colonists using embrasures and anything else of the sort. Before, they couldn't shoot back because they could not path to the target location, doors would make your embrasures essentially solid walls to them that you could just pew pew out of. Not any more.

I pretty much just had to make a small detour using the ccl to change how AttackTargetFinder was operating.
Great! I was looking forward for this change.
Thanks for your effort. I will test this later today.

skullywag

well you beat me by a few hours, if id known someone else was on this i wouldnt have bothered....ah well. You should PR that commit back to the main CR repo.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

dareddevil7

Quote from: Krutchen on May 13, 2016, 07:53:58 AM

This may make my turret people in my doom fortress more vulnerable to snipers